Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Nail Rat posted:

"2020 can't possibly get worse!"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
i never realized how excited i would be to shovel this awful garbage into my eyes again

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
me preparing to watch another season of dexter

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't draw, didn't edit video back then, and wasn't that great at Photoshop, but I remember my one contribution was making the S6 thread title, which was something like... "Season 6 is Olmos here; Mos Def better than S5. Colin Hanks!"

Also, does anyone have the Cheerios gif of Hanks shoving them in his mouth while in Dexter's apartment?

I skimmed the season 6 thread and couldn't find it. There's a lot of dead images in there, unfortunately.

Though I was reminded that in season 6 Scott Buck decided Deb wants to gently caress her brother. Great show.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Holy gently caress, I found the black suv gif!

https://i.imgur.com/RdcaLhg.gif

From this thread

Edit: loving goldmine, and this is just some of the first page...

I was way off with the car pic, but it's still great. Who's drinking in the back? Curly hair is Dexter's brother,, Doakes is Doakes. Don't know the other guy.

Also, "pardon my tits".

CODChimera posted:

also the salad eating

god it really was a great show

https://i.imgur.com/R0ievbn.mp4

i cant believe i kept all this stupid bullshit, psycho poo poo lmfao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

No way... That was the ultimately forgettable bad guy from season 8, right? Wasn't that drawing from way earlier?

Edit: I also remember at one point in season 8, Dexter's monologuing about that White Bread Killer (I don't remember who he is, the guy in the gif). He says something like "He'll be hard to track, he'll likely remain in the shadows."

And then the next scene is the dude at a Wendy's or something? Does anyone else remember this?

And there was something about Dexter being outside, totally visible, in the same shot? Oh god, it's all so terrible and it runs together so much.

That's the Brain Surgeon - Oliver Saxon - one of the season 8 antagonists. He's secretly the son of Evelyn Vogel. Evelyn was a psychiatrist specializing in P S Y C H O P A T H S who helped Harry create the code. And yeah, while stalking Saxon, there's a scene where Dexter just sort of half-crouches next to a car in a parking lot like ten feet away from Saxon, having some interminable conversation with Harry in front of God and everybody

Other prolonged subplots of season 8:

Quinn studies for a test.

Jamie and Quinn start dating, until she gets mad that Quinn spends time with Deb at work.

El Sapo

E: oh yeah and lem from the shield was an inept US Marshal in the classic Dexter style pursuing Dexter's girlfriend lol

croup coughfield fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 15, 2020

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
Rediscovered some memories while trying to find Ikea Monkey Vogel (which i did not find)

Sadly, the parking lot gif link is dead.

gently caress you scott buck

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
i just remembered there's a goon with a dexter tattoo :hmbol:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

GABA ghoul posted:

I don't remember who or what chicky hines is but the dialogue in one of the seasons was 80% just people saying these two words over and over again and they are now burned into my mind for the rest of my life

this one's got fweebo's name aww ovah it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
i dont care what his name is i will destroy him in a rooftop rap battle

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
they're gonna bring back all the dead characters as ghosts despite the fact that they're visibly older

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

DogsInSpace! posted:

This is going to sound sad since I was there and all... but what was the story behind Chucky Hines? I've done drugs since then. Repeatedly.

I also forgot all of it but luckily some dead-eyed psychos maintain a wiki: https://dexter.fandom.com/wiki/Chicky_Hines

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

what could it mean

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

So, like.... what IS peak Dexter?

a miserable pile of black suvs

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Didn't he play a sheriff in something? He looks VERY familiar, outside of Dexter.

Wait, I'm thinking of 13 Reasons Why, another show that swung for Dexter's ridiculousness the more it went on.

He was also the Devil or whatever in LOST.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
Everything Scott Buck touches turns to poo poo and that's why I love him and follow all his work.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
episode 4: dexter shops for a new henley

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do think the Shield kind of suffers the same issue that Dexter in that it kind of roots for Mackey in a way. Like not on a personal level but in the lovely things he does as a cop.

Like it never sees him as a heroe but a lot of the lovely stuff he does is presented as effective and in some cases, necessary

I think that the show portrays some characters as having that perception (and certainly Mackey and his team are always crowing about it), and sometimes throws it to the audience to decide whether or not the bullshit he pulled was worth it. But I'm in the middle of a rewatch right now and haven't really seen any instances of the show taking a unilateral stance on it. I'm up to season 5 now where poo poo gets so far gone that they're basically condemning the strike team in every scene, so I can't imagine it happening from here on out.

Honestly, the Shield never really shows cops in a good light at all. Even the ostensibly "good" cops who aren't actively murdering people are shown pretty consistently as always holding the line, always backing up their fellow cops no matter what hosed up poo poo they get up to, always up their own rear end on a power trip. Good show.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

itry posted:

I haven't watched all of Dexter... and I'm not planning to :colbert:

look at this rear end in a top hat with self-respect. disgusting.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
Dexter will neither be in Oregon, nor Miami come the new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
the people cry out for robodoakes