Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Maggot and Arev. Magic is always awesome and I don't know enough about the game yet to decide between talking and fighting, so flexibility is the watchword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Option A. Let's do the tutorial in full.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Do we not get to see location 113 (to our North)?

1A

2A - let's see what happens. I want to find out the result of the quest and this is effectively our test game, so why not give it a try. If nothing else, we will learn something useful for the future.

3B

4B - Aielle to 106 and Maggot (with the Bowmaiden) to 107. The event card says the asylum is "off the coast to the south" so I guess we can have Aielle loop back down to the left and Maggot do the same on the right, ultimately meeting back up in Cuanacht. The Charred Conclave also sounds magical (perhaps charred because magic went wrong?) so I want Maggot to go there.

5B

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Kobal2 posted:

You want to send the fragile diplo girl to the dangerous magic-looking zone alone, and the magic combat guy to the hostile village probably needing diplomacy ? :confused:

Both have you draw a blue card, so that is a wash. 106 talks about hidden treasure, and I figure Ailei has as good a chance as Maggot to find it. Likewise, 107 is (supposedly) deserted, so just as likely to be a non-diplomatic encounter as not. I am also thinking ahead in terms of turns, as I want Maggot to hit 104.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

As a note, the blue eye icon is the "Dream" one; the Unfriendly Settlement (that usually causes a Diplomacy encounter, like in 106) is the red village thingy. As far as we know the only Diplomacy encounter is in 106 due to the immediate activation effect marked with a on the card - although we could run into a Diplomacy encounter when exploring any Location.

Are these switched? 107 is the one with the lightning bolt and red icon.

That said, I think I will stick by my picks though. You noted in the intro that looking at the locations will often clue you in to the kind of encounter to expect. A frozen over village seems to pose uncertain possibilities, and Maggot is better suited to that uncertainty. Likewise, if Ailei goes to 106, she can then swing down to the Warrior Fair, where I would imagine she could have an opportunity to diplomance (and it isn't like either her or Maggot would be suited to actually trying to compete in any feats of strength or duels).

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Kobal2 posted:

Changing my 4 vote to : split the party, Maggot goes to 103, if he reveals the asylum Ailei follows along with the cripple, else she goes to 107 (and Maggot will meet her in the Charred Conclave next turn).

Can't we only travel in the cardinal directions? So I don't think Maggot can go to 103 this turn.

If I am correct and in the interest of settling on a path forward, I can change my vote to Maggot to 106 with Bowmaiden and Ailei to 107 if that split pathing works for Kobal.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 21, 2020

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Hmm.

How about Maggot and Bowmaiden to 104 via 101, and Ailei to 104 via 107? They then meet at the Charred Conclave as you suggested, Kobal.

Alternatively, we could have Maggot go to 105, Ailei to 107, and then have them meet at 104 next turn pending any useful tile reveals adjacent to 105 or 107.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

That went wildly better than I hoped! How easy is EXP to come by generally? Is it front-loaded or is the rate we are getting it generally indicative?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Votes:

1. Ailei: A (hopefully they will pay us so we can have some Wealth). Maggot: C to see if we can't scrounge anything useful.
2. Tomorrow, Maggot should go to 104 and dig through the remains. Meanwhile, Ailei should go to 105.
3. Save up for now (also Maggot should have 3 XP, not 2 XP). Also is there an explanation on what the cards we can add to our deck are like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

1A

2A

3A, but instead of moving east after we light the Menhir, wait and assess how to next proceed