Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
loving hell. I'm not proud to admit it, but at the start of the Covid pandemic I was genuinely of the view that it was just another SARS thingy and people were blowing it out of proportion.

And I actually thought I could take it. That's still an open question, but I'm not so sure, and not willing to try anymore. This poo poo seems nasty.

I have all sorts of questions about it, like its viability on surfaces. Does it have some sort of oxidation and UV resistance? Hijacks the host's DNA repair system to repair itself or some poo poo? Obviously I know just enough about microbiology to be stupid.

Also, I like working on vaccines for it (at the extreme edge of the development cycle). I try to be super energetic and proactive in my own way, like making really nice boxes to put frozen blood serum samples into.

Hey, having aesthetically pleasing labels on blood serum boxes is good for morale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU