Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Lars is just "John Cena opponent" in 2020, like a dozen other guys who were around and signed because TALL but they had no interest in every putting belts on them. At least Gene Snitzky went all in on the gimmick and all it got him was permanently stained teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

snitsky punting the baby is better than anything WWE has done for maybe 3 years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a great promo package for Bianca. They need to do more of that.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
that was a cool vid for bianca

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Croc posted:

Hmm good point however gameshows block tape like crazy so i was thinking more straight up scripted tv which does have a defined season length.

Anyway why are wwe pushing lars as 6 3 when hes slightly shorter than jeff hardy.
If you want to break it down even more, there's things like Judge Judy and talkshows that have been on for decades, I honestly don't know if they consider anything "seasons" and it's just one of those weird WWE obsessions with being a mainstream TV show and not a wrestling show

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

RealFoxy posted:

it's just one of those weird WWE obsessions with being a mainstream TV show and not a wrestling show

Yeah i think that's the nail on the head really.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

Anyway why are wwe pushing lars as 6 3 when hes slightly shorter than jeff hardy.

Vince McMahon has a bizarre fixation on IS TALL and a long history of just straight up adding multiple inches to people's height for no reason.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Are you guys sure the season thing is a TV thing and not a sports season thing?

And Yeah Lars faced off with Black in NXT and was, like, slightly taller through lifts. So tall. Such monster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nakamura looking particularly like an anime villain tonight

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

And Yeah Lars faced off with Black in NXT and was, like, slightly taller through lifts. So tall. Such monster.
If it's a sports thing it makes no sense to have the season premiers of RAW and Smackdown be completely arbitrary. The original, very first Smackdown originally aired in late April and the FOX debut was October 4th so having a season that sometimes lasts 50 weeks and sometimes 54 weeks also makes no fuckin' sense.

I think they just do it because they think it'll still pop ratings

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why is the first episode after the draft filled with cross brand matches?

Baseball was depressing me so I turned on WWE? Send help.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Spiderdrake posted:

I think it's a tv thing because most shows say season premiere whereas as sports it's more like opening day or kick off or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Why is the first episode after the draft filled with cross brand matches?

Baseball was depressing me so I turned on WWE? Send help.
You wouldn't know it from watching the show but the brand split actually doesn't start until after Hell in a Cell.

Which is still dumb because what happens if Smackdown ends up with two world champions

e: Coulda sworn Orton got drafted to Smackdown :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DuhSal posted:

I think it's a tv thing because most shows say season premiere whereas as sports it's more like opening day or kick off or something.

Yeah, sports don't do "premieres" or "finales." They do playoffs and championships. It makes no sense as a sports thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, sports don't do "premieres" or "finales." They do playoffs and championships. It makes no sense as a sports thing.

Especially since Wrestlemania is right there as an obvious wrap-up/finale for the year before kicking things off fresh again.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Especially since Wrestlemania is right there as an obvious wrap-up/finale for the year before kicking things off fresh again.
Yeah but that actually makes sense

Like none of this makes sense

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

That would require them to actually end feuds and storylines at Wrestlemania.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Pylons posted:

That would require them to actually end feuds and storylines at Wrestlemania.

God i love how wwe moved onto wrestlemania being a setup vehicle for ending fueds (sometimes) at backlash.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Croc posted:

God i love how wwe moved onto wrestlemania being a setup vehicle for ending fueds (sometimes) at backlash.

It’s because HHH wouldn’t do the job for the Rock

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sami's shocked reaction to getting consequences for his actions :lol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Croc posted:

Or at blood money

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So I guess if they don't want Otis to be world champ he can cash in against Sami.

Yay Bryan is here!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bryan/Seth would be a fun match

In theory at least

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol seth's graphic still says monday night messiah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Corporate Jesus vs. Hippy Jesus!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Friday Night FREAK

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryan and Seth haven't really done anything one on one, have they?

Bryan could drag Seth out of being lame.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"Like a sports coat without a shirt. It's just kinda dumb."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"YOU'RE DUMB! YOU'RE DUMB!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Like a basketball team in Seattle

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The feud will never die

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rollins really is dumb

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Buddy Mysterio

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still not a fan of WWE's "women don't get to make their own decisions" storytelling

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
seth rollins has no followers... who is he leading exactly? I guess he's just a delusional dude

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryan made me enjoy a segment with Seth for the first time in forever. He's truly the GOAT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Bryan made me enjoy a segment with Seth for the first time in forever. He's truly the GOAT.

Yeah that was quite enjoyable, especially Seth begging the guy he just attacked to help him fight the Mysterios when they showed up :)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That cross body was sick :stare:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
lol that spinebuster zigzag move looks awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Ric Flair has to be so so loving hammered, I have no idea how he got this thunderdome set up