Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
A Black August CYOA? I am so incredibly happy. (every few years I still do a reread of your In Nomine recording!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I think the "you take damage" black/tyrant might be bad at 4hp! Unless it also gets boosts for being near death. Plus I kinda want to be a superpowered psion.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I just wanted to take a moment to express my admiration for the writing and style. It's like some sort of half-remembered fever dream, and I mean that in a good way.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Maybe paradisio is a heal/buff? Would be good to get over 3 hp cause that feels like instadeath from one attack range.
wtf devs who put an op boss this early, nerf plz

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The worst part of this LP is not being able to see what all the options do, these techs sound neat.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Psi powers don't count magic right? Bit of a shame our mage perk does nothing yet then. maybe we'll get some fire magic stuff from the shroud though

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Tough one. Probably not Red as we can probably get stuff off our artifact for that. Black does synergise with our class. Cure is boring but healing magic is useful! And blue is a wildcard.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
turns out one of the lords is actually a cat

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
If all spells scale off IQ that's a shame for us, as we're dumb as a rock.

Also, rereading this entire thread immediately before bed? Does some wild poo poo to your dreams

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Lets just take a leaf from dark souls and mash X when we go to Death to get a level up and skip her dialogue, I'm sure there's no consequences

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
As much as I like the idea of a True Ending where we all become bffs with the lords and resurrect death's daughter with the power of friendship, I don't see this game going anywhere happy!

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Well, that tells us what Starlight Serenade does I think - a super star debuff. Neat.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Just to be clear, we can upgrade any stats, as well as skills and powers? But nothing else?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Bear in mind that Tyranny governs our combat skill - it does feel like boosting that is worth it, as it'll come up a lot. I guess IQ or PE as well?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
IQ Vs PE is tricky. I don't like being dumb, but PE governs our Psionics, and we don't have a lot of spells or stuff keying off it yet. So I'd be more inclined to do Tyrant and PE.

e: bear in mind that normal levelling needs to find trainers etc. I imagine stat trainers and so on are way more common that something that could train Tyrant stuff

Razakai fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 27, 2020

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
idk, 6 different kinds of medications seems like it'd be perfect for an update from Dancer's perspective

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The fluff implies it's a bit more painful than just regular burning due to the divine nature. Hard to say how combat useful it is, acute pain might be a strong debuff or negligible.
So not flashy or super powerful so far, but this is a free bonus for a class that doesn't usually get fire magic so I can't complain.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
A "meta" question about the game. Do you always play as Tyrant for primary class, or is that something caused by selecting tutorial?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I wonder if the weird flesh things here are the same or have a tie to whatever invaded the city at the start?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Good to know our blood isn't very tasty to Bleeder. Might help next time, provided that wasn't a one off.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The poll is also bugged? Very immersive.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, it doesn't say what fluid is showering down

:cumpolice:

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Some lords might potentially be killable, with luck and surprise.
Consider we know that Burner has 50 hp - our sword can do a good 1/3 of that per swing. Of course, we'd get instantly killed by pretty much any of her attacks, but it's not impossible that in the right circumstance we might be able to kill her. On the other hand, Hunter is incredibly out of reach, and Dancer has 99 hp, so we'd die for sure against either of them.
Bleeder, who knows? If he was as weak or weaker than Burner in terms of hp, an ambush might have potentially won.
This is all incredibly high risk though, but I could see if this was a 'real game' there'd probably be someone out there who pulled it off. This being a tabletop style system means combat is lethal and swingy, as opposed to a computer RPG or something where something higher level than you just means its numerically impossible.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Broke: flesh buildings
Woke: undead flesh buildings

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Huh. I kinda figured the people in the photo were other lords, and tankshroom was Moulder or something. Good spot.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Perhaps if Kwiat is hit repeatedly, she will summon an unstoppable horde of murderous chickens? Definitely worth a shot imo.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I like that Delta Green is still around, and evidently under new management.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
There references are more to existing media as opposed to stuff she's written before (although the 2 stories of hers I've read do have similar themes to some degree). A lot of it is Cthulu Mythos stuff, though there's also stuff like SCP.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I'll defer to Black August on sharing stuff - this was going back quite a while so not sure I even have the links anymore.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
We actually died from the laser blast earlier, and this is just our mushroom brain pumping out weird chemicals as we expire.
A more serious reply would be that it seems the world we're currently in is an... echo of some previous/parallel reality. The quoted paragraphs seem to show that similar events to now played (are playing?) out there as well, as many of the entities here existed there as well.

Razakai fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 22, 2021

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Pretty much. I'm unsure whether Holy End is actually part of the world/setting itself, or something 'meta' that's part of the game framing device.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
If I was guessing wildly, I'd guess that Holy End is part of the software/game itself somehow, another set of files and code beneath (a seperate game entirely also included?) that occasionally gets referenced by error thanks to the myriad bugs of the game. Which in turn is part of the actual story/setting in some way, perhaps what everything was before the 'fall' we've heard referenced.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I feel like Darkness is going to go badly, like the glitch monster can detect magic or something. But I'm sure it's just a scary palette and actually quite non threatening right?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Presumably the list of people present is more Heaven bleed, at least Aitvaras/Lasers. Not sure about the emperor/knight though, presumably another bleed?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I have the feeling that the webbing was mentioned before, or maybe that was something else. But seems like it might be a way to craft some better clothes?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
She's a mad scientist brain in a jar, dissecting us is par for the course.
Not entirely sure how we're going to leave though, as the glitch means that pretty much every tile in the tower has a chance of us dying unless we keep hitting stealth checks. And using the behind to transport is risky.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Good spot on the Emperor/Knight. Presumably that was all Holy End bleed in the list of NPCs then.
It does feel like Holy End is a regular high fantasy roguelike/RPG and this is the result of someone shoving the code through a blender.

p.s. reading the thread again at night alone is genuinely unsettling. At least, the recent stuff with the glitch mob is. Expecting good dreams!

Razakai fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 27, 2021

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
A mysterious merchant clad in heavy robes, inexplicably in a dangerous location?
...is he going to sell us some cool guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Are you going to get an invitation to Ulthar?