Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Binged my way through this thread over the past couple days, looking forward to participating in voting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I went with Paprika/Hello/darkness/gun

Wolf, I didn't like our chances of hamburger going wrong, because that's a -2 on a comparatively low 10 iq, and definitely didn't want to go with a full tyranny check. Hollywood Viper...my other choice would have been the potion, but I don't quite wanna give it away so soon, especially when we're not quite sure what it does. Deimos.....well, I'm all up for more intimidating Deimos. Ogre...perhaps our darkness might resonate with him in a way that soothes his loss and win him over to our side. (Might also make the Tyrant happy, for us have A Follower.)

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Randalor posted:

I think saying Hello to the werewolf is a safer bet than holding a gun to Deimos' head. The werewolf is spoiling for a fight, but he also seems to have a "survival of the fittest" mindset, and Deimos seems to be on the edge of snapping as it is. I wonder what his reaction would be to Deimos snapping and freaking out just from the apparent sight of us, as the Regalia seems like it would only affect one person when used.

I thought the gun was to the Tyrant Child's head, to evoke the memories of when they met him in the forest? Still, I am all for "loving with Deimos whenever possible".

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Does our run not have that, with our first run-in with Deimos?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Intriguing that the Tyranny of "Me" needs "You" to resume control, but even so will try to fight it.

But I agree, Deimos has outlived his entertainment value now. We don't know exactly how much he's seen - and if he's seen Kwiat, MC&D could probably take her hostage to control us.

Also, look at the message it sends to the others - that we are not weak prey to be used as a bargaining chip.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Black August posted:

Alright. Storm done, birthday over, errands finished. It's time to walk again.

Congrats on the birthday and making it though the storm!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I think Strawpoll is broken again, it didn't show my vote.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

We in this theater, waiting like :suspense:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Oh man, a bunch of the stuff from the Blue Book sounds like practically our entire game is just flat-out impossible. And yet, here we are. :allears: But given that it seems that everything about our character is apparently impossible -- perhaps we can be the ones to protect our Aitvaras-analogue from dying at the end of the first year?

I'm trying to piece together what it means that the Crown is essentially all that's causing the Gravedigger to continue moving. Also, what do the words Gravedigger says to our character actually mean?

Maybe Gravedigger wishes to die to be with Aitvaras and the Crown is keeping them from their desired end? I'm torn between giving them what they want and trying to find a way to rescue Gravedigger from that desire to die.

I almost want to say that this might be where The Sign might be incredibly useful, but its text of "If you really mean it, then..." makes me worry because we still don't know what it means, so how can we really mean it?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I find myself wondering what would have happened if our one run character wasn't basically the alternate-universe gravedigger doppelganger? Is Gravedigger's lust for self-termination a wish to be able to actually die, or a "there can be only one" scenario?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

t3isukone posted:

Bleeder is the Seventh Lord.

So, uh, there is an option. I don't know whether we want to enslave him through terror or not or how we go about it but we now have a vague idea of a way to get Bleeder's colors without killing him.

I've been wondering if there wasn't some way to get all the lords' colors without killing them. If there is, it's bound to be extremely difficult, but drat if it wouldn't be worth it, I think.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

As much as the Red Right Hand seems to be the right decision, I half-wonder if this will get us mobbed by other Congregants who want to be blessed with it as well.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

And even then, we were trying to help the injured seagull :kimchi:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Oh man, I'm having trouble deciding. On the one hand, I say we hide - we're here to fight Bleeder and need to save our hp for that fight...

But on the other, it just feels wrong to not try to save the Congregation from this forever-dying. Wrong to not fight.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Oh man, this next part sure is taking a while to load... :ohdear:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Regallion posted:

The responses on the poll are about 200% expected, hopefully the event will be amenable to solving bleeder...correctly, for a given value of correctly.

I think that Gravedigger kind of reinforced the idea that we need to learn to handle things as us instead of letting the tyrant walk every time things get hard.

But honestly, I think the important challenge is for our character to stop seeing the tyrant and the silver mind as like, separate entities from themself all dissociative identity disorder style.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Excited for the rear end-kicking and congrats on the new job!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

t3isukone posted:

Aghhh, I really want to check the shield thing out, but also the Tyranny is scaring me. But lore! But <i>I really do not want to let the Tyrant out right now.</i>

...That said, 'you' is also being really, really bloodthirsty and not amenable to a peaceful solution. I'm paralyzed with indecision at the moment.

On the other side of things, I'm at least a little glad that "you" is finding their own inner tyranny instead of hiding behind the Tyrant.

I aspire to be better at walking with Intent at times (though not a bloodthirsty one). Tends to come at con when I'm on my way to Fix A Thing and need attendees to move.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Our tyranny dropped back down to 1% as well! I wonder what is the cause of that...

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Yeah, I don't think for ctrl-f8 either, I think it's time to pray with our chicken feather.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

:sbahj:

:suspense:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Radio Free Walrus posted:

A) :black101:
B) I wonder if having the Lordly Corruption (and maybe the color of Bleeder's soul through it) is enough to satisfy the quest requirements.

As much as I'd like it to be true, Black August didn't put that change on the character sheet so :shrug:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So while we wait, I've been reading again over from the beginning. Just finished with the Cats of Ulthar quest tonight.

Things I would like to note:
*I really empathize with the tyrant child's anxiety. Like drat. I have been there, and I don't even have the excuse of all the horrors you've seen.\
*Also goddamn the loss of Blue and Red after Camp made me cry with relatable feelings.
*Tactical puking in Deimos's lap is A+++ great
*Trying to figure out what the difference is between the tyrant child's Tyranny and Hunter's, besides Hunter having ???? amount of extra experience and therefore understanding of how it works and strength? Does she have a separate Tyrant personality? Did she previously have a non-Tyrant personality that's since been subsumed entirely by her Tyrant?
*What is the traumatic event that drives the Holy End (I think???) version of our protagonist? Was it the circumstances of receiving their Crown? Why do they seem to not have a Tyrant voice/personality, or have we just not seen it?
*Black Crows Always Win!!!
E:
*Towards the beginning of the game, it seems to be implied that a Tyrant pc is a regular option, as there's mention of it being a good thing to have a "successful first Manifest", but later on, one of the blue book entries says it's not possible to have a playable Tyrant iirc.

Double edit:
What are they going to do when they realize that Smercia's tithe requires them to kill Red and Blue?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 20, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Or will be interesting if we glitch into Schrodinger's Bleeder like with Momma Fireswamp.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Razakai posted:

I pretty much lean over and hit F5 on this thread every morning on waking up. It's something special.

Only once a day? Weak. :cheeky:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

JT Jag posted:

In theory the robot we grabbed will give her a throne to ride on as we travel

I know the robot is much larger than a Roomba, given that it's considered to be encumbering the Tyrant Child, bit I still can't help but picture

E: other thoughts: why is Bleeder so insistent that he not be seen without the vampiric suit? Because it makes him look weak? Because the way it was attached left him looking horrible? Because he has some sort of dysphoria even before the Island?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 25, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

PetraCore posted:

In his internal narrative, there's him being convinced it'll reveal what he 'really is' and people will abuse him over it, and it really pinged me similar to the Tyrant Child losing their poo poo over things like crying and showing fear. I dunno if it's gender dysphoria the way it initially pinged me, but I'm pretty sure Bleeder's been abused before even before the oil spill hit the Island.

Now I want to give all the hugs to both the Tyrant Child and de-vampire'd Bleeder.

Also, have a meme, everyone

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Wait, where did we get the Dark Suit from? I thought we were wearing the Kadath suit?

Also, with Bleeder it now says 2 chances missed....hmmm wonder what that could be.

E: and is "raising [our] hand to an empty heaven" just supposed to signify a clear sky.... Or is Smerica's plan fatally flawed to begin with because heaven is empty, therefore Kwiat can't be there?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 2, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Oh man, time to metaphorically (mostly) :f5: again. I voted for the ogre encampment as at least the ogres being neutral/hostile to us is a known factor... But I see I was outvoted.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

The Blue Book posted:

:words:

"...about Black Jet Drive, they range from 'intmidating' to 'nearly-Lord level' in sheer danger. Ignoring the bosses and minibosses, onerunners agree that the worst (and best avoided) there are the Rogue Lord-Chassis, Black Op Zombie, Briefcase Runner [Hot], Shinesparker..."

Sounds like we dodged a bullet in not voting for our encounter to be from the Black Jet Drive table... Though that doesn't mean that we won't encounter something just as terrible.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

the Blue book posted:

"They're the only ones who can hear the bells."

I wonder what this means, given our character has been said to hear the bells at times...

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

A lot of changes to the character now, versus what's on the google docs sheet.

Strength and Health are both at half, but Will is at 30. I think the drop in HP/FP, as well as our drop in damage are due to the drop in their related stats?

Interestingly, our Magery and Mushrooms are apparently replaced by some perk called "The Patience", while the Doomed and Bloodlust flaws are both replaced by .

Lionheart is now Hyenaheart? Does it change mechanically, or just in name? Also Murderous Intent is gone...

No mentions of our corruptions.

Our class is not showing as Tyrant, either, unless the glitch is how the player sees them normally (given that this is shown in a quote box, after all)? Though we've (always, I think?) had a glitched Archetype as well as Tyrant and Psychic, assuming that's the glitched version of Chirgeon?

Wonder if that means that !Tyranny and !Darkness are also the glitched abilities, but also no mention of ESP alpha.

Techniques are missing Tyrant Manifest, Deadwalk, Blade Majestueux, Inevitable, Silver Mind, and Psychic Shield, and perhaps the previously showing as blank skill on our sheet is the UHP_FHP listed?

We're missing almost all our spells as well.

And again, I ask, where did this Dark Suit come from? We were wearing the Kadath Regalia in the fight.

And on top of that, instead of a dark grey @, we're now represented in a light yellow.

And seemingly, our character is now running on a fourth? personality, one that only emerges when the other three are unable to be present?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Razakai posted:

We equipped the Dark Suit after the fight.

Yeah, but we never had a Dark Suit before the fight. We had the Old Suit and the Kadath Regalia. So where did the Dark Suit come from for us to equip it?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

That does seem like a likely explanation.... Though now I wonder how much BA mines our speculation and theories for ideas of ways to make things even more mysterious.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Hey, doin what you gotta do to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly is more important than writing a story for these dead gay comedy forums. I mean, I'll probably still check my bookmarks 50 times a day to see if there's an update anyway, but I'm used to good fiction taking a while to get sequel books/new chapters/etc.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Hmmm, I wonder what exactly their drawing of themself is supposed to represent? Some kind of happy feeling it seems? And their "hands are getting better"? Were they injured? Do they mean better at doing things like writing and drawing?

Also that drawing of Kwiat is :kimchi:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I went with IQ and clouding as well, since you're less likely to get hurt if the enemy never knows you are there, and because IQ is kind of a weak spot that could use something to help shore it up, especially since both magic and psychic powers often key off it. If nothing else, to make it more likely that we succeed at Cheeseburger Magics.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Agreed, the Neatfreak is for Kwiat to ride on, we can't make a suit out of it!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Not sure the bloodstained gold would be much better. Doesn't leave us with a lot of good options, especially since imo the Shroud is great as-is and the ideal would be to get a suit with some resistances that stack with the Shroud.

Or even cover some of the bases the shroud doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I voted C as well, I want to make sure we don't have to worry about Kwiat going hungry next time we go to Megalith.