Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Shooting the wolf might be a bad idea but I can't not vote for it with the way it's been presented in the poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Hostile V posted:

Spraying the dogs with a river hose as we all frolic in the flowers.

drat, now I'm disappointed "shoot wolf" has pulled ahead by two votes.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

holy crap why didn't we go immediately to their place when we first got their invite????

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, I'd love to cower Deimos for the third time but maybe not right this moment.

OTOH it would make the other notice us.

I just voted for puking on his lap because that does seem like the most cat option.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about too, Deimos is a dick, and embarrassing him would probably make Cass feel better toward us.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

What's +1 HT supposed to represent?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, we're a tad low on health at the moment. Might not be the worst pick, but then again, cheeseburger magic.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Regallion posted:

but i am not attacking the GM i am attacking the thread? as mentioned, literally no one explained their reasoning for voting that way, so i still posit the question - why the hell are we going there? what in blazes does the thread want to do there???

Because it's more fun when the player is in constant danger. Some of the most amazing moments has been when we've been at death's door.

And re: pacifist run, I don't mind going for that, but I don't think it's going to be a 7/7 lords pacifist run. Hunter uh, seems hellbent on killing the gently caress out of us.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Now I want to see that Regality feat being used against Deimos

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Voted I love you/silver mind

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It's beautiful. I'm so glad I voted for this. :allears:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I initially voted for the str burger but you guys have convinced me and strawpoll seems to be acting up so boarger.

I don't think we're getting rid of disquiet THAT easily even with a critical success, it's probably either temporary or some kind or rerolling feat.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm sure going to the apartment isn't as simple as it sounds like but aren't we still kinda in bad shape from the previous fight with an ogre, and the other one sounds pretty complicated too.

Gonna go with the apartment for this one even if it's the "boring choice"

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Did we just get glitched into taking the colour choice?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah but also they seem like the art kind and using the red hand is just really cool.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, the sense I'm getting is that some lord deaths are going to be unavoidable. I don't think we should go for a pure pacifist run, if a lord is a massive rear end in a top hat, I'm not going to feel bad about killing that one.

And we've already seen Hunter who is really not giving us much of a choice.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, that sounds reasonable, last time we tried to name drop, it nearly didn't go well.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Those pills are nearly in a three way tie, I don't even want to know what kind of glitched pill that would be like....

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I kinda regret voting for the pale pills now.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I just really like Merkja and that looks like a vote for Merkja, so.... No meta gaming here.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Counterpoint: We keep humiliating Deimos forever.

I like this idea a lot, personally.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the miner implied to be the iron saint?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh boy :f5:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Probably not a good idea right now but I just want to see what they do if we say tear open the heavens. We ARE the tyrant currently.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

There's something fundamentally wrong with the colour orange, isn't there? Every time it's come up as an option when there are colors, it's not a normal result right? Let's try it out!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I think so, but we've now mindfucked two individuals, which we've never done before. Of course it's reviled.

And do you even need to ask? Of course, unleash everything. Maximum chaos.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I voted for Saint Merkja because I've forgotten who exactly Agent Crocell was.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

From my experience, counters don't cancel out the damage done to you, but there is sometime a damage reduction to the person using the counter. So countering is probably more likely to kill Merkja than defending but not as much as just outright attacking.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I know there are people keeping track, there was a couple of loading screens with the predator skills, which Duke uses, right?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Black August posted:

VOTING CLOSED - Portrait of a Threat

-MAGIC-
Lipless grinning with the peridot veins. - 4
Gem-Grade Agent, Deimos. - 7
Murderous platformed, with the periwinkle blade. - 4

I hope this means another opportunity to horribly scare the poo poo out of Deimos. :getin:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Same, it's reflecting one of the options I picked, but not the other.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

New thread rule: Always be loving with Deimos imo

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I too want to see the shape of the parade. But basically all of the options for Deimos has potential, even the ignore him option.

Saying hello to the werewolf doesn't seem like a great idea, however. He's itching for a fight and it might throw him off guard for a moment, but unless we can settle things in that moment, it's not gonna go well. The Inevitable check is risky, but would probably take him completely out of the fight. Mushroom Mind says he's only loyal to Kaigan because Kaigan can kill him. So showing him we're the bigger predator would make him back down.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

oh god I'm so excited to see what this split vote on Deimos will result in.

Also noting commentary on our choices by the shrooms. They seem to agree that the options picked for pink and yellow are good.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Radio Free Walrus posted:

I really hope the gun we end up using for the upcoming scene is the Revolver and not the Moloch Buster!

I mean, it would resolve the conflict there rather quickly.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

tbf if that's what it took to mess with Deimos the next time, I would not think twice :colbert:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Well. That could have gone better.

Stay safe Black August.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I mean yeah, but that's also ultimately up to Black August as the DM. We don't quite know how long each choice will take, and which choice makes us finish the trek to the Megalith quicker.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

For all those people wanting to come back to Kwiat, I think you're misunderstanding something.

The options presented was either to go straight to Bleeder via tunnel, go to Bleeder overland, or say gently caress it and just explore the swamp. There's nothing saying anything about going home, and when we chose to go to the megalith, it seemed like we were locked in that choice.

If that's true, then the quickest way to get back to Kwiat IS to deal with Bleeder ASAP. So it's probably a good thing we decided on that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

Timed Hit is extremely good, actually! It is a niche use, but it's a niche that's very likely to come up: Hider. The Blue Book says she's one of the easiest lords to take down if you can get past her 99% defenses, boosted by her S-tier dexterity and her precognition. Timed Hit gives us a way through.

And since we just got that quickling brand on the sword, both hits will also ignore defense.