Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Going for fun non-combat stuff that may make things spookier...

Sub-class: Psychic, and take !ESP

Trait: Lionheart (relentless courage and extra willpower seems pretty helpful)

Perk: Magery (or something else that lets us use/be more open to spooky or magic stuff)

and yeah, let's spend the other two levels on WL and HP, seems reasonable

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Black August posted:

[b]CLASS: PSYCHI ̸̛ ҉͜C

:stare: badass

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Voted "where are the lords," as we can find out for ourselves who they are (and chat em up ourselves) if we know where to look

For the second question, I have no real idea, but falling back on "who (or what?) are the lords" might be a nice way of satisfying both our natural inclinations :v:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Stoner Sloth posted:

tempted to go for broke and ask "How can you be stopped?" but she might take that the wrong way and we don't know if she's bound to answer truthfully or similar

Good way to quickly get murdered haha

But for something kinda similar, can pump her for other useful info on the lords... "How can I defeat each lord" or some such

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ok I've been convinced, officially voting for asking how to save Kwiat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
The holy land and hideout are clear next places to go, so let's do a quick check on the passed path first, I'm sure there won't be anything bad there

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Black August posted:

Because the vote was 2/2 as of my posting, it was a split event where the burger was taken, but Kwiat attempted to steal the eggs as well. Because of the critical success for Disquiet, the event went with no horror, and so both the character AND Kwiat are fully fed for the day - she got to eat the eggs.

:woop:

Glad I was busy and missed the vote

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
voted silver flash, feels like the best offensive option

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

I'm guessing metal hyena grandma is gonna turn us into paste regardless since she nearly killed us with a slight shove lol :rip:

But at least we can make her feel some mild nausea when we narrowly fail the silver flash roll haha

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Black August posted:

I understand the overwhelm. I'll explain by saying it might help to frame this as a Fallout-like system, because in lineage it is. Fallout was going to use GURPS originally, before it instead used the much-like-it SPECIAL system. Most of this game is simply rolling against the primary six stats (muscle, reflex, brains, health, ego, and senses), as well as skills and powers derived from those stats. The tutorial was systems-heavy to help teach how it works.

This is all done to evoke the sense of a roguelike / CRPG game, with complex systems under the simpler shell. You can just see the mechanics for the sake of understanding what the hell you're getting when you're vote-shocked into picking a life or death option.

This makes sense. Does make me think that at least early on, branching out to diversify perks/etc makes sense, so we'll have something that can be used in any given situation. Maybe we should boost something weapon or dex related.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hostile V posted:

Picked [INVALID] because it's a well-known trick in unfamiliar circumstances to use glitch commands while rubbing against level geometry to get missed flags to trigger or uncover hidden items.

I'm sold

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I also went for Tyrant. Saying "here I am" so he can shoot us is a funny pick, but it does seem like the best option to possibly get out of it without fighting and/or making enemies out of powerful people.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Voting for psycho entirely because I'm really curious what exactly that's going to look like.

Voted for psycho entirely because the option was labeled "be a complete loving psycho" haha

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, let’s get some food.

Also lol’d at

Black August posted:

(Bench-2-Bench + Bench-2-Rail + FS Noseslide + Rail-2-Ledge + BS 5-0 + FS 50-50 + Impossible + Ollie)
(DX) (10 or less)
([1]+[1]+[6] = 8 - Success!)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Y'all don't want to sing a serenade to seduce Joe?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Randalor posted:

Black Crows fits with our characters black crown and dark powers. Plus crows are awesome.

:hai:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Voted S because vowels cost money and we haven't won any yet

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

I didn't even read the other options, triple tech is life.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Randalor posted:

So on the plus side, we now know that Burner and Dancer are the explicit names of the lords and not just titles, and have a good idea of how powerful they (and presumably the other lords by comparison) are. On the down side... we have a LOT of work ahead of us to catch up to them in power. But hey, their cults tolerate us, which is... actually kinda massive. Though I do wonder if this means that we missed out on actually being able to get at least one of them killed by failing at the games, or if they're just too powerful to die from the challenge.

Maybe we should do a 180, keep being friends with them, and avoid ever having to catch up to them

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Let's get a legit spell here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

iq and perception seems like a solid bet at the moment. leveling can be a lot more sexy than boosting some stats, but our fundamentals kinda do need shoring up.

This