Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Let's not force ties eh? It's cool if it's special and occasionally useful but so far both ties resulted in severe glitching and derailing, which might result in uh, less than desirable outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Should i be concerned that ultima is just on a spellist of some rando?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Incidentally i'm about 200% sure that Red is one of the guys in this image...
Blue is likely one of the backups of Dancer, although which one i'm not sure if we can discern.

This is moderately concerning.

That or we just met 2 people off THIS list, which is even more concerning

Regallion fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 18, 2020

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

This (plus the fact that she's only level 30) makes me think Red isn't Burner. And Blue doesn't seem to be hurt by dancing, so I don't think she's Dancer either. But they probably are members of the Burner cult and Dancer cult.

Keep in mind that i interpret the second list not as the names for the lords but as the name for their like, right-hand follower. So burner's top dog is "Nuclear witch".
Makes sense?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

There is something fucky with last actual -fighting- update on Lang spider.

quote:

Boss Fight Log! posted:

Your body was alight with the Paradisical power of the land, mind still in a dreaming high off of blood loss, medical drugs, and the pain of your cauterization. Your magic was so strong. Your midnight was calling.

(!Darkness) 14 - [3]+[3]+[3] = 9 - Success!

You could... put everything into this. EVERYTHING. Right to the very edge of death. Your blood begins to boil, but it isn't consumed- red light bleeds out of you instead, powering the sorcery as you command it to HURT this thing. Break it! MAKE IT PAY!

21 HP spent!
HP: [ -18 / 18 ] [COURTING DEATH]
HP paid back immediately!
HP: [ 3 / 18 ]

Where is the damage? Did we just spend HP to spend HP on that one action? it's a success and the second use DID do damage...

quote:

Boss Fight Log! posted:

Spider of Leng invokes the D͠ŗe̛a͝d C̷u̡rse͠ o͜f̷ th̢e̷ Go͜d͢.

(THE FIRST SYLLABLE) 10 - [2]+[2]+[2] = 10 - SUCCESS.

Will has been reduced by 4!
The success is correct, but usually in place of that 10 would be the roll result (6 in this case), as seen above.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Also i'm unclear, did we promise not to kill any dancers or not kill any lords? It's a bit ambiguous depending on who you think Blue is, and what she considers "fam"

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Gotta go with ctrl+s on that one, maybe we'll get to save the promise and the shroud at least?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So for those who are a little less knowy on words that be big, here's a quote i pulled up from.... /X of all places

quote:

With sudden fury, the world goes Anteprelapsarian - that is, regresses to a Garden of Eden state.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

BURNER

[5th Lord] - ALIVE

1 chance missed.

DANCER

[6th Lord] - ALIVE

1 chance missed.

:eyepop:

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Random_Username posted:

While a new sword would be complimented by new sword techniques, getting a new spell this early really opens up the magic system and gives way more options for both combat and exploration.
Counterpoint: we have a shroud to teach us spells for free, but we don't exactly have a wellspring of sord techniques.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hunter is the lord who deals with dreams, so it would be wise to vote that way.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Why would Gasoline god ever be out enemy? From the description we got she seems rad as gently caress and i hope we can get her as permanent companion somehow.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Devour gun angrily, gun is out

Can we have a not-gun related option? no? guess it's time to go back and learn about gun safety in da school zone.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I have no love for McD, especially if you know how they operat in the SCP universe where the namesake originates from. Also capitalism sucks. Let's help the holy underdog.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So the only practical benefit is that we now have an infinite lighter that doesn't produce light? That's an oof.
Combat-wise, touch spells are usually hugely impractical due to ease of dodging them.
It's also useless for sneak attacks as it doesn't appear to do anything a well-placed blow to the head wouldn't.

Kind of underwhelming.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

having played dark hersey, that would appear to be very useful specifically for coercion

Would it? At a cost of HP and FP, torturing someone would be way easier without magic, than with this.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Black August posted:

It is a divine power, which stands above magic or psychic powers.

I don't think we even know what that means in practice. Like, what, does carnelian chance not offer a save against it? Doubtful, since it'd be saving against the pain not the power itself.

Black August posted:

It is stronger than a lighter. It causes incredible pain to living beings, leaving little evidence.

From the description i'd assume it would be about as painful as getting branded, which is very painful, granted, but not something a supernatural being can't just shrug off.
It also seems like the pain it inflicts is not inherent to the power, but rather the subject's reaction to the heat, at least from the description. If it's the power itself that causes the pain, well that's a different story.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So that must be one of Burner's cult.

That means both waiting AND murderous intent are right out, we want that dryad to live or at least pass away without the whole parasite infestation going on.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

There is a unique argument for it to not have been bleeder (and just being a high-level bleeder cultist) and that's the fact that we don't have the "1 chance missed" text for him...as of yet.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Ah, good thing our karma is spotless and we are A good person who's never done anything wrong in their life

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Okay Google, what percent of human body is gasoline?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Should i be concerned that the robots are referred to as animatronics, that there is a bear head AND a banjo? Do we need to operate doors that use power to remain closed?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

While everyone quietly appreciates MURDERCHURCH, i did not expect MC&D to have outright SCP taskforces, seemed like too much of a reference.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I am incredibly lost as to what's going on.
Not the surface stuff, of course we are on a roof having a psychic...pow-wow with the starmetal creation, attempting to say that we are not hostile, but rather what the hell is going on underneath.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

i am officially unsettled, good job.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Excuse me WHO is here?

Did someone actually let that sink in?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Holy end has the camp being normal, so no it wasn't your usual high fantasy. It did have elements of it, but, well.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

We are just a consistent fuckup aren't we.

That said, the fact that the person thought we wouldn't eat chicken does indicate that it is in part related to our obsessively bird-loving character.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

What the hell is a dollar-store solidarity?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Arete award sounds amazing, so does thuderdraw (but our DX is not good enough to use it)
The 777 armor is hillarious but will probably kill us with anxiety over not being able to wear a suit again.
Whaler would be great, what with being a nodachi and all, but breaking on 12 is a big no-go.

I would love to drink a @ and get the arete award. Coffee plant is cool except we have nothing to brew coffee in, so.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Oh and btw, the grimrist being a jeweled thunder-slayer is a nod to Valkyrie Profile, where it was the first artifact weapon you could get. This is not the first nod to taht series, with something else being described as "Hristian" before and of course the entire premise of the valkyrie class we didn't pick.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

That's not a guaranteed night's sleep, that's a teleport to dreamlands... p sure you don't get well-rested by loving around there.

Anyway, the 3AM wares all kinda suck except for the insta-kill, which we don't need right now.

I will vote for

1. Arete award
2. Coffee plant
(now that we know it comes with a grinder/boiler)
3. Deluxifier
Gotta jazz up our suck-sword.

COMEDY OPTION

1. Buy suitable
2. Buy 777 armor

777 suit.

Regallion fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 1, 2021

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

is that the result (“unsuited”) together with the item description (“barely-visible light liquid”) makes me think the potion might be invisibility and that using the suitifier on it might give us a suit version of an invisibility cloak.

That's an incredibly charitable reading, what i'd expect is literally a see-through suit. Which is not useful unless we want to menace people with our unmentionables and we absolutely don't.

That said

Upgrade black silk, put black silk in suitifier

Regallion fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 2, 2021

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I am guessing we should make sure to eat a chaos meal next time to hope for that rainbow option.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Aww we puked a fireburger!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hostile V posted:

bandages meaning they'd been recently wounded.

Have you considered https://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Leper

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

That could be a random-rear end wolf mind you.

But also remember that the rifle only works in "Human" form so.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Ah, is condemn the special technique you can use on a building to immediately declare it unfit for use? Not sure why that's a beast art, but i guess OSHA do be like that.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I am not as hardcore as a sunburner O_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

2 things:
Surprised so few people are voting for our best friend, yellow flower.

Also, since the character sheet was updated to remove the potion, but we are still at 6/6 bullets for our revolver, it's now canon that we shot the wolf with our "guns" and every time the text mentions "gun's out" that just means we are flexing menacingly at everything in range.