Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
That must have been a pretty nasty head-bang if it got through our DR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Evidently, we are the one who can outsmart bullet.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I'm still hopeful that we'll get the chance to Suitify an unsealed Moloch Buster.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I am extremely hype for whatever comes next.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Sawyer9000 posted:

Has anybody suggested using the suitifier on the case of the moloch buster thus turning the case into a suit allowing access to the big nuke gun?

The case and the moloch buster are one item while the moloch buster is sealed, I think?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, I think until we get the moloch buster unsealed they are inseparable and suitifying would produce a sealed suit (and thus not really be helpful).

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I don't want to actually fire the Moloch Buster barring some exceptional preparations. I genuinely want to see if we can suitify it, in the hopes of maybe getting a suit that either buffs our attacks with Nuclear damage in a more controlable manner, or maybe gives us Nuclear resistance.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

God this game is kickass.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Suitify is back at base, so we can't wear the Buster until we head back, I think.

-e

Lol if suitifying the Moloch Buster also turns Burner's copy of it into a suit. That'll be fun to explain.

Aabcehmu fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 17, 2022

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Alright, good to know we don't need to worry about suitifying it for a while longer.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

You didn't deserve this. None of us deserved any of this.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I have no idea how much money we have, or where to find it. We do have a raffle ticket and a salty token, though?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

It’s a pretty minor combo, but if we can afford two items, we can buy the Rethreader and the Nightbrandt, suitify the Nightbrandt once we’re back at base, then rethread the Nightbrandt-suit into the parade suite for permanent buff to sword if? We could try something similar with the fireworks too, if we don’t want to save them and use them the normal way.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Allpple Pie...

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Accepting that there is a time and place for Tyranny is an important part of getting the Tyrant to accept there are times and places for not-Tyranny, I think.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

If people see the tyrant-child as a causer of devastation, it only makes sense to ally ourselves to disaster, does it not?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Nothing escapes the gravity of the black hole, so it seems natural to me that the narrative roles of 'villain' and 'hero' would end up spiraling together within the tyrant-child.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Kobold Market

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

The kobolds are all about disaster, and if our dear protagonist is anything, they are a disaster.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

The day will come to exact our bloody price on MC&D's heads, when we are much more powerful and have many more friends.

For now, as Randalor says, letting them know that they face one who outshines the sun is enough.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

We promised not to kill any of the Backup, didn’t we?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

I would be more inclined to do the tire shots it didn’t require 4 checks and wasn’t using our precious fire bullets. Idk if tyranny checks count WRT the “failures will gently caress you up” effect here.

The nice thing about the cheeseburger magics here is that it’s a check we have a decent chance of passing, it’s a single roll, not multiple, and bc of the magic field we’re in, it’s guaranteed to do something dramatic if it passes. It could slow the truck down, or give the truck something else to hit, or make it slip on a big puddle of grease, or something.

“Hitch a ride” is cool but…what are our chances of making that STR check? We’ve been chastised for underestimating our own strength, but even then, 25 seems like a big number.

Also, I think we’re still super beat up. Idk if our body is up for much in terms of physical feats.

So…I think it’s cheeseburger magics. It’s something the truck won’t be expecting. And it plays to the cartoon slapstick of our driver.

25 is our ST score. A bigger number is better, since we're using a roll-under system.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Happy birthday Black August!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I also went for Molten and Monstrous, Lemma's reasoning swayed me.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Does anyone else smell a rat?

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Voted for Boletus because I trust the shrooms.

I'm okay bartering the Intense Potion, Sable Lemons, Rose Gold Apple, and Potion of Joy.

My purchase priorities are: 1) Iron Inserts, 2) Deluxifier, 3), Fighter, 4) Power Begets. Not interested in other purchases.

If we can afford Power Begets, I'd be willing to ditch Psychic Shield, Voorish Sign, and Grace Under Pressure, aiming to improve Molten Veins, Red Right Hand, or generate a new ability.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Voted for:

Buy - Fighter, Beam Array, Iron Inserts, Life Tank, Deluxifier
Sell - Intense Potion, Sable Lemons, Rose Gold Apple, Potion of Joy

Curse - No
Inject - No

Beget - Yes
Offers - Timed Hits, Psychic Shield, Grace Under Pressure, Voorish Sign

Might have jumped the gun voting so quickly and not waiting for discussion but given that most of the options are the same as before I'm reasonably confident. Hopefully I didn't forget anything that we were saving the potions or fruit for.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

If we wanted to equip the life tank, we would have to unequip the kurzerwonky feather, right?

I think we should sell the kurzerwonky.

We are not able to sell Kurczerwony. Maybe it's a mistake on the strawpoll but it's just not an option, and I can believe that the Tyrant-Child is simply and flatly unwilling to sell it.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I forgot about Hider, so yeah hopefully Timed Hits doesn't get ditched. Sorry about that. But if we do drop it hopefully the upgrade/new power offers an alternative way of mitigating Defense.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Thanks Napp!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Regallion posted:

I want someone to pronounce "Chchuurjanaire"

Also wtf is an "Ultrarapier"

I'd guess the first 'ch' is ejective, and the rest of it sounds perfectly pronounceable to me.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Several parts of the Tyrant-Child's brain, chanting in unison: STRENGTH, STRENGTH, STRENGTH, STRENGTH!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

If anyone could, I’d guess it’s the old man living in the walls. Or at least that’s where we need to go when Smiercia comes to collect.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

She's still Red, not Burner?

Hm. I wonder if maybe we're going to pull some sort of disjunctive trick, pull her apart into two people, one with the lordsoul and one with the friendship? Since there's already some sort of weird duality going on between camp and non-camp reality.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Went with Kadath Regalia > Alzisian because I'm a little hosed up and want to know what happens.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

High impact doesn't necessarily mean positive impact! But I am a very curious cat.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

I am very excited.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

It’d be pretty fun if we went from a party of 1 to a party of 3 with our party members being ‘one of the primary bosses of the game’ and ‘a suit that we upgraded until it self-animated’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

BigFactory posted:

And a roomba

A dog roomba!