Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Voted summer camp. Maybe we'll get lucky, find a boat? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

dunno about the cocaine but the trailmix seems nice even if we're probably gonna be enemies in the (near?) future

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dunno which one counselor Blue's gonna open up with, but I get the feeling that
-Psydog beats Nukelele
-Proto beats Betcha
-Rooster beats Lenglegs

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Not feelin too good about these.
More so for the survival of the other characters than our own.
We'll do fine, them probably not so much.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Skipped out on the big meal earlier. That'll probably help. Other than that, uhhh.
could try one or more of these:

-Tyrant, the relatively safe option to just tough through it
-Psycho! Got a good feeling this will work, just, y'know. At a terrible price.
-![ER_INVALID]. think this would help with making it look good, though not so much with anything else.
-Cocaine: Pour it on the spider. It might help?

-:shrug: Serious suggestion? Make a great deal out of every non-spider portion, carefully sampling and complimenting each piece of cooking; treating them as symbolic stand-ins for the spiders body. If the crowd isn't buying it, probably gonna have to give the wounded spider a mercy kill and drink the resulting ichor. Would prefer the spider survives this ordeal since we might get something good, but our living comes first.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

C'mon, silver. Don't disappoint, or we'll, uh. Probably do nothing since failure won't end well.
...Or tie? Silver/Black s'gonna be something, to be sure.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

One more encounter then we've survived the camp, huh.
One more game. One more round.
Since our two pals survived, maybe they can even lend us a hand with whatever the camp director will do?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

well. Guess this is where the recommended level comes in.
I, uh. Yeah, I got nothin.
seems spiders of Leng got chased off in the mythos, but don't know how it was done or if whatever was done there would work here.
best hope for good rolls and glitchy moves, I guess? :shrug:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hodgepodge posted:

elder things probably sent their shoggoths on 'em

we have an army of shoggoths right?

Looks like it was the Men of Leng that did it by ???, in the end. Then moonbeasts happened.
Given I'm reasonably sure we aren't one of the men of leng (and there is only one of us anyways) we'll need to think of something else.
Come to think of it, the mythos wiki says the spiders of leng will go after whatever enters their territory, even other spiders of leng.
Since we did that idolatry challenge, maybe we could get some of the spider swarm to lend us a hand or eight if we do a repeat?
Though it's probably gonna be harder to start tearing into this spiders noggin than the one we dealt with before

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Don't think they happen to be one or two of the big bosses we have to face, but Red is almost certainly a follower of "Nuclear Witch" Burner.

Earlier at the Campfire posted:

That one, still holding a twig, looked more threatening. It wore a heavy red robe, stained with pitch and REEKING of gasoline, parts of it tied with flowers, little chains, runes, and other strange accessories. The hands were wrapped in a great deal of stained bandages. Its face was concealed, by both its hood, and the mask it wore - a warped metal disc with no holes in it at all. But you felt it staring at you, your sword aimed at them, as you feel the tension begin to ri-

"AHHHHHHHHHH BABE YER ON FIRE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!"

Eh? The manic woman points at the robed one, and you see that the twig has burnt down, and now was catching on the robe. The robed one stares down at its arm, and then begins to mildly panic, smacking at it while the woman does the same, as it creeps up the elbow and catches on a patch of something chemical staining the fabric. The spectacle continues as the woman shoves the robed one over, and begins to roll them in the grass. While screaming.
Less certain of Blue, but their behavior and what we've heard of Dancer/Dancer's Followers suggests she's one of them.

Was worried earlier we might have to face off with the duo given we're ostensibly hunting their bosses, and now we can compare levels really hoping there's a way around it.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Well. I don't see a way to keep this promise and fulfill our task at the same time.
The letter, and spirit, of our task to kill the seven was rather clear.
Not to say that we shouldn't make the promise, we would have a fair bit of time left to live and see the world before we get gibbed if that's what we want.
Who knows? Maybe making the promise is key to another route where the seven (or some of them anyways) come to their senses?
:shrug:
No vote for the time being.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Well. The near solidarity was actually rather impressive.
If we're serious about this, we ought return the favor: We're going to need help to get out of our previous situation, and I don't think our former boss is going to take this lightly.
We should consider confiding with them, though I think they already know.

Things aren't right in the world, our encounter with Jandou Joe can testify that.
Talking it out with these two might help get across that things could improve, somewhat?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hm. Honestly it's more surprising it hasn't crashed(?) sooner.
Maybe it needs a minute to sort itself out; could pass the time flipping to random parts of the blue book.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

If this isn't already in the blue book, we best be taking notes.
Though don't think it would help other players that much, hard to repeat our blend of luck behind these glitches(?).

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I'unno. Purgatory End sounds more our speed :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Get the feeling we should try to talk to West if we get a chance.
Whatever this is, don't think we should stick around longer than necessary. Not yet.
If, for absolutely no other reason, we have a chicken to get back to.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. was wondering why the charsheet had the tchoblade.
Guessing in a normal run players would want to get the blade to fight the spider, if it wasn't unlocked by the spider being dead of course.
Things seem to be going quite well for us. Maybe the trip home will even be uneventful?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Strictly speaking, the letter of the quest on our charsheet is:

quote:

[Main] Capture the Seven Lordly Souls of the cult lands. Failure to do so will result in your erasure from existence.
Gathering the seven lords together, voluntarily or otherwise, might technically fulfill that request.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Eh. Went with the spices since they seemed like something Dancers group might appreciate.
Should keep an eye out for that sort of thing in case we meet up with Dancer again, sounded like they could use some help on that front.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It's good advice. There isn't much to gain by angering the cats of ulthar, at least without a really good reason.
Got a feeling a seven-way tie might give us a bit on the 8th lord, but since that's unlikely at best went with dancer.
Should be helpful, learning more about our friendly (and only) in to the lords.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Well. Someone couldn't be bothered to show in person, during normal, waking hours.
Guess our affairs in (and out of?) dreamland are finally notable enough to be Notable to the Notable.
Brains more holes in the defenses than a sieve and who knows who else is looking in?
Guess our guest should make themselves at home, stay a while, have a chat.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

We're still dreaming, so things might not be as bad as they appear. (Still pretty bad though to get dreams like these)

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hm. I forget, wasn't there something on getting rid of flaws by spending levels?
Sorting out Disquiet would be nice, if that's an option.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Perception and ![ER_INVALID]. Will it do something good? Will it eat the point we put in for no gain? Let's find out.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Well... Meeting up with Dancer seems like an important thing to do.
Unfortunately, we don't know where they are other than "probably not at home/Paradise" wherever that is.
Best lead I can think of would be to head to Jandoubi, but uh. Ha hah, yeah, not happening any time soon.

Throne sounds like an important place to drop by once we're in the level 20 range and have decent transport, if we're good for thunder city we're probably safe to look around.

The Solar Woods are likely where Burner and/or their cult hangs out, so if we wanted to meet up we could try?
Might learn something, might get shooed off, dunno.

Ended up voting West since I'm curious about that grave.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Sounds like all we have to do is to pummel the werewolf hard enough that we were *clearly* never near-death in the first place. :smug:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

We weren't exactly on speaking terms with Deimos anyways, so Merkja it is.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Would Tyranny accept anything less than attempting succeeding to learn the greatest spell on offer?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

From what I see, it would be a mercy to put an end to this. A kindness, even.
But perhaps, yes, perhaps there is the hope of something else that could be done?
A cruel hope, that.
A cleaner conscience if found justified, to be certain, but until then...

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ah. Well, I can't say I'm entirely surprised that something bad has happened from a tie, but rather at the considerable danger resulting from it.
Wonder how we're going to get out of this one. :shepface:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Oh. Joy. Has it been a week already?
Time to get throttled within an inch of our life I suppose.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Thought something was up with the strawpoll. Voted Backup there, voting the same here.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hmm....
I wonder.

>Make a wish; something that made you happy.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Shame we don't have anything we could try and catch some of the rain with.

On the other end of the scale, what's the Blue Book have to say on early deaths?
Less in the "new player dangers" sense and more players purposely speedrunning gameovers.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hooooooo. wonder if the games gonna be stable enough to keep going at this rate.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

voted for look. I mean, why not? maybe we'll glare the contents of the mirror into thinking twice about messing with someone fresh out of the flesh room :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ha. Rather encouraging, all told. Been through hell and this is all it could do? It's not much, but there's still a light in those eyes, dim as it is.

Should give Kwiat another hug.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It would seem I did see light in the characters eyes earlier.
Despite everything, there is still the hope of something better; that things can get better.
Something, if their silence is any indicator, Tyranny is also thinking on.

...Is it too soon since we lasted hugged our chicken?
I think they've earned another one.

E: Ah, that's some timing. :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

For my two bits, I think [Holy End] might've been fairly similar to this one, up to the point the various apocalypses/catastrophes/etc that went down to make the current state of the world the way it is.
Whether they didn't happen at all in [Holy End] or were averted, dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Mutually understanding between folks who've worked retail?