Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Going to suggest we go

Class: Chirurgeon
Trait: Tough

Spend points boosting HP and Will + Magery

We can get more skills and stuff as we go along but figuring play as one hard to kill SOB with a sideline in magic later + kinda though the chururgeon way of looking at the world could be interesting, plus high HP and regen should work okay maybe with the Tyrant class ability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

tempted to go for broke and ask "How can you be stopped?" but she might take that the wrong way and we don't know if she's bound to answer truthfully or similar

"If you're so powerful, why not go do this yourself?" might get us a hint at least of whether it's because she fears the power of these lords she wants us to gather.

Guess thinking from a Tyrant perspective we should even now be planning on killing her in the long run.

Open to other suggestions though!

e: also really enjoying this OP, you rock!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

>tend to poor chicken

>head north (safety) with the intent of heading east, when possible, to the Blue Bubblegem Pods in order to acquire healing medicine for our friend Kwiat

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voted pseudomimic - figure that it'd give us some extra strength, maybe help us understand our opponent better and might be harder to resist than a direct attack

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

XkyRauh posted:

This is really cool.:)

:hmmyes:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Evened up the votes cause that's been fun so far, plus maybe we'll meet a drunken war fae or an angry wine fae?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voting for psycho - we got lionheart and murderous intent, why not try and use it to full advantage! (also hp are a bit low for boss battles or to burn more imo)

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voted to grind for exp, loot, etc - perhaps we could do that AND head south though?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

if we've still got the supplies from "yesterday" then definitely do the old grind!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voted tech, skill or other - our best chance is unconventional warfare both cause Joe is way tougher physically and because his low intellect and perception make it more viable plus, as others mentioned, it plays to our strengths.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

otoh hand braving the mountains at night could be fun!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voted T cause it's common

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Arcanuse posted:

C'mon, silver. Don't disappoint, or we'll, uh. Probably do nothing since failure won't end well.
...Or tie? Silver/Black s'gonna be something, to be sure.

I voted black cause i was hoping for a tie

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Fair enough, wasn't suggesting we try to rig it - just hoped it would be an outcome.

Would have voted black anyway cause we used silver last time, it seems to obvious and we risk becoming too reliant on it. Also because we do have a black blade so I dunno, seemed more appropriate. Also that voice from the silver mind seems a little too eager for us to ignore the black maybe?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

dang, this game is so good - love the little details and people figuring stuff out like that.

thanks for running this Black August, you rock!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Maybe we can unite the Lords and go against the lady who sent us on this quest?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Randalor posted:

Hey, I said catch up to them in power, I didn't say anything about fighting them. And we know that there's an eighth lord as well, from when the game glitched out and he... continued to give us tutelage despite us not even knowing he exists yet. One possibility is that we'll either get powerful enough to supplant him as the eighth lord, or stand alongside them as a new lord. Buuuuuut we are the Tyrant... maybe with Burner and Dancer backing us, we can work towards unite the lords under us once we're more powerful?

maybe the 8th lord is us from the future!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Randalor posted:

And I voted for the silk, with the leng and blood silks, maybe we can get someone to make us a dapper-as-gently caress suit to replace our old one.

:agreed:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Who knows if Blue is actually dead - we may still very well be in a dream and/or psychosis.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

thinking intelligence and perception might be good to boost - would help with both Tyrant and Psychic abilities plus make it easier to use our new healing skill

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Antivehicular posted:

I agree with this. Perception looks to be slightly more key since it's Psychic's primary stat, but I haven't looked closely at how our spell works, and in general increasing Intelligence could do us a lot of favors.

Yeah agreed about Perception. Plus increasing our mental powers could definitely be handy if we have to go back into the dream world and we've already got kickass willpower so figure these two would be a natural evolution to get us a little bit better at dealing with mental tasks.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Razakai posted:

Bear in mind that Tyranny governs our combat skill - it does feel like boosting that is worth it, as it'll come up a lot. I guess IQ or PE as well?

this is a good point - think of the other two PE is probably the more immediately useful so Perception and Tyranny sounds like a good combo

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

pumpinglemma posted:

Of those, I definitely prefer IQ and Perception. I think ![ER_INVALID] is going to be important late-game, since the sun symbol seems to be tied up with the glitches towards singing and beauty, but I don’t think we can afford to raise it right now. It’s a reasonable choice, though. I think raising Tyranny this early will actively hurt us.

yeah, come back around to this idea - I think you might be right about Tyranny, good as it would seem to raise it could make certain choices harder. Getting our brain working better should help with a lot of things and has no real drawback imo

e: so yeah IQ and PE

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

placid saviour posted:

I'd say becoming a vampire would suit our Tyrant nature better than becoming a werewolf.

Although a lordly, crowned werewolf is a pretty metal imagine now that I think of it.

Psychic lich maybe?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Black August posted:

DEVELOPER NOTICE
Posting to inform all players that I have a double shift of work today, followed by getting all four of my wisdom teeth violently extracted tomorrow morning. Supplemental material will be posted in the following days, but no updates until I'm in a state of mind that isn't drooling blood and rocked on 6 kinds of medications.

Thanks for letting us know, you didn't even have to do that! Sorry bout your wisdom teeth, been there with a couple of badly impacted ones but four at one sounds like all kinds of 'fun'. Wishing you a speedy recovery and not just cause this thread kicks rear end. Be well and try not to worry yourself too much, it sucks but it feels like it's over quickly in hindsight.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Black August posted:

thank you everyone, I am home and healing with a very successful procedure and will be back in the saddle soon

the development team regrets to inform you that, using this drug cocktail, such an update would be two sentences of Burner sitting bored next to a campfire while she pokes Dancer with a stick, who now has a reaction time delay of 20 seconds and falls asleep halfway through sentences

lol - well glad it went well and hope you're feeling 100 percent better soon!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

voting climb to the top - that way we can see what's dangling the thing and probably pull it up easier if it's not a trap (lol) plus can get a good view of the surrounding area if nothing else

e: also wb OP!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

ah okay - hmm looks like maybe a measuring device for something? either way still voting to climb to the top of that bad boy and check out the view

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Voted Tyrant entirely to see us act like a maniac again. Let's get nuts.

:hellyeah:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Forbidden spells sound so tempting though!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Regallion posted:

So the only practical benefit is that we now have an infinite lighter that doesn't produce light? That's an oof.
Combat-wise, touch spells are usually hugely impractical due to ease of dodging them.
It's also useless for sneak attacks as it doesn't appear to do anything a well-placed blow to the head wouldn't.

Kind of underwhelming.

eh, never underestimate the power of being able to set fire to things

still think we should have gone forbidden power but ah well, at least we can look cool if we ever need to light a cigarette!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Situationally useful is strategic gold sometimes - just off the top of my head another use might be to grab hold of things that would normally damage us.

Or to create a cloud of steam or smoke with the right environment to obscure us.

Or to escape from being tied up after having our equipment stolen.

Or as a sudden distraction in combat while we make a killing blow with our other hand.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

And of course if the enemy should have anything flammable on them, like clothes, well then that's an added bonus.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Yeah this thread is great so thank you Black August!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Let's learn more about The Blackwings.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

I'm wondering if the mirror isn't a power/clarity of vision vs sanity/anxiety thing? Either way the choice is clear imo, we need to be able to look at ourself in the mirror!

(also thanks Black August, as always this is amazing - this update had a lot of meat to it; visceral and gut wrenching in turns :dadjoke: )

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

StillFullyTerrible posted:

That's some excellent speculation and a good first post.

:hmmyes:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Randalor posted:

In the story didn't they say that his brain was put into a jar because he wouldn't survive the trip back to Pluto otherwise? I mean, wasn't the implication that the Mi-Go don't use spaceships? Its been awhile since I read Lovecraft's work.

we stand there thinking we got the best possible victory and then we go off to space to fight the brains while we slowly become a garden bed for fungi after the silver mind and the mi-go cut a deal

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

a fungi is just a friend you haven't met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

reckon pyschic or starmetal, though any of them sound good

also seconding extra hugs for kwiat, the best fractal chicken ever