Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Who's responsible for this OST? It's definitely contributing to my Anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Make sure we try to Alt+F8 during the next cutscene, just in case!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Chirurgeon. I support this uniquely-named class choice.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Alt+F8 again! Keep doing it! If the game is still loading, maybe we can avoid our fate?

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 20, 2020

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I'm beginning to wonder if instead of attempting to alter our fate (Alt+F8) we should be aggressively trying to control our fate (Ctrl+F8) but part of me thinks that is a terrible idea. :stare:

I voted go back and explore where we came from. If we don't remember much, we should be sure we didn't miss anything. We're still fragile.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I like that loading screen tip! We'll have to get some insight about the Lords before we enter their Megaliths.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Are we going to save the eggs for later, or feast on them now?

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 21, 2020

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I feel like there are so many stats and notes and systems in play here that I struggle to conceptualize how they play against each other. I'm glad we survived the Tutorial. Dying here would have been a true disappointment! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next, but I've also got a pretty heavy feeling of dread. :) This is wild! Thank you for all of this, so far.

Twice in the thread I've opened the tab, gotten distracted with other reading, returned and voted only to discover that I was minutes too late for an update! :downs:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Oh, it's not just the systems. It's knowing that there are so many names Lords, their sycophants, and named characters in the world. It's my own failing at juggling so many names and motives and etc. :gonk:
Not a knock on this at all--just explaining why I personally am glad to have so many more attentive posters along for the ride!
This is really cool.:)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

habituallyred posted:

Do everything the exact same. Certainly won't cause a nervous breakdown, no way.

This sounds like a fascinating option.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

What've we got in our inventory at the moment, anyway?

Edit: Fording the river is never the right choice. I'm voting SUMMER CAMP.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Edit: I'm dumb and slow. T is a great next choice.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Hostile V posted:

Extreme Communion, clearly.
CHRIST, are we about to partake.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Why didn't you all vote for Hurry Home Miss Jellybean!? This is awful!!

I don't suppose we can get any Telepathic bead on this SnackSpider?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah, but at what point do we have to pay the Tyrant piper?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Despite all of this, I feel like Red is going to be much more helpful than Blue... But I'm really really worried.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I was hesitant about it before, but I'm leaning into Ctrl+F8 now.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Alright, point taken. Let's see what comes next.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Black August posted:

Lost an entire update to a really stupid crash. Update will arrive tonight or tomorrow.

Don't. Interrupt. Hunter.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Red is tolerant of us, but definitely harbors affection beneath the surface.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Little Karma, little luck, little hit you like a truck, now all your stats are suck!

... Did that say Red raw ruined? I'm super concerned about the colors referenced in those final paragraphs.

Let's search about the school. We may not be alone.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Why is Dancer's name green at the bottom of the character sheet, and Burner's orange? Weren't they calling each other Red and Blue? ...Are they colorblind? Is this a red an orange herring?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Jandoubi Crew posted:

and they're be happy with that
I *knew* this was some kind of crudely translated import!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I ended up being allergic to the pills they gave me to help reduce the swelling. Took us a while to figure that out, because it was a cycle of "Hmm, the swelling is getting worse, better take one of those pills..."

Glad you're recovering smoothly, Black August!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

If we tap him with the Silver Mind enough to distract him, maybe Merkja can gain the upper hand without us making our presence known to her. Surprise him, catch him off guard, and let Merkja do the heavy lifting.

If we go Tyrant, we risk ourselves being distracted and showing our weak side to Merkja, even if we do overwhelm Deimos.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

StillFullyTerrible posted:

This certainly seems like Bleeder, but the fact that they have what looks like a ranged weapon in addition to their draining needles is a bit of a wrinkle. We need to be very careful, however we do it.

Them being aware that we're near, but not knowing precisely what we are could work in our favor if we Hide and Seek a bit longer. Keep the mystery going, let their anxiety grow.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Random_Username posted:

Option C...Ctrl+F8?
:getin:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Skateboard! ... Does it still have the food we left with it?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I hope Kwiat reacts in some way to one of the rooms in the school, giving us some clue or insight that will benefit us in unknown ways. :D

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I figured "old pennies" was the smell of blood.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Is that little blue speck in our eyes the mushrooms gradually taking us over? :ohdear:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Antibiotics aren't going to do anything vs. the Blue Mushrooms, Black August. You know this.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Okay, hold the phone. When Pluto introduces itself, the text is

Pluto posted:

'YES YES HI YES YES. THIS IS PLU-TO PLU-TO NO ARMS NO ARMS SEE SEE'
This *is* Pluto.

But then when it interacts with the mushrooms, the text is

Pluto posted:

'OH OH OH MUSH-ROOM MUSH-ROOM AM YOU IS YOU STRANGE STRANGE HELLO HI'
Mushroom *am* you.

Which means that when Pluto says

Pluto posted:

'YES YES AM CHA-RON CHA-RON MEET ME MEET ME WEL-COME HI'
Does that mean our mushroom guests/cohabitants are collectively named Charon?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I feel like there are so many references that I'm simply missing. This is my first Black August rodeo, so I'm in way over my head. Are there archived previous adventures I can fill in the blanks with? (Maybe someone Message me pelase, instead of cluttering the thread?)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe it has to do with whatever the glitch that we tripped while Tyrant did to us. Our portrait at the end there looked pretty bleak.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Oh, I hope he plays his instrument so we can sing...

Our singing voice is so nice.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Razakai posted:

3am feels like it might be night/dark related? Which would fit pretty well. That or it's going to be clubbing related and entirely themed around Dancer/The Backup.

As long as it's not Hondo 5am related. :)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

JT Jag posted:

I voted to offer food, a boon for a boon is a safer exchange than simply putting our lives in his hands.
Offering the food in exchange for a quick fix makes us seem pretty desperate, though (we are). Given the talk of 'one predator to another' I don't think we want to come off as desperate.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

If a vorpal sword goes snicker-snack, what sound does a vorpal fang make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

This seems almost pleasant; I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.