Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is there a specific thread for home solar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Been on vacation but haven't made much progress on this sadly.

The silver part on the base can be partially tilted off...

but the cord on the other side is blocking it from coming off completely.

The bottom is covered with this black felt that seems pretty well stuck on there.

Does that inner black metal plate with the felt on it separate or lift away from the silver cover if you pull or pry up gently on it?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

tuyop posted:

Regarding baseboard drama, it does kind of sound like the easiest option is to attach some wood to the wall and paint it, then put the shelving against that.

But I can’t cut a notch into these Kallaxes, eh? They’re just full of cardboard hexagons inside right?

Yeah they aren't gonna do great with a notch cut out of them / you'd probably get some delamination of the outer surface etc that would look lovely.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Haha yeah

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I wonder if shunting around the leaky cylinder and retaining 75% of function would be easier to do without potentially breaking more? Depends on how bad it is to disassemble ofc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

6'x6' seems doable and not overly cramped with a standing shower, single sink and the tiniest of toiletry closets or a chimney cabinet or something.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is going to mentally ruin several of the friends I just sent this to.

e: one just instantly replied with this, complete uno reverse here.

That Works fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 2, 2024

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

So you're saying we should avoid... Too much abstraction?

:raise:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm looking to build a set of shelves in my basement to hold the ubiquitous black and yellow tote bins everyone has (they were on sale for $8 at Costco last week, so GF and I bought several to consolidate everything in a random bin into one of those so they all match.)

My friend is trying to insist one of the types where the totes "hang" from their lips is the better form-factor, but...I fail to see how/why? I guess you can save a little bit of lumber not having to make the horizontal shelves, but I have a bunch of 2x4 scraps/off cuts already to help, and even though lumber has gone up, 2x4 still aren't going to break the bank. Neither will some thin plywood or MDF, but at the same time, if I CAN spend less money but still make myself a decent shelf, I'm not opposed.

But I'm just worried hanging by the lips will warp them, or possibly break them if they're too heavy? I guess if there's someone out here who built them years ago and has an update saying,
"Five years later, bins not bent!" then I guess that's good enough for me.

I have a wall of tote storage in part of my basement, hanging them by the lips seems miserable to actually access and move the totes out to be used.

E: I have 2 x 4 framing and 3/8 plywood floors they sit on and moving the heavy totes off of that is already hard enough since some of them get close to 100 pounds or more.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ahh seeing them slide out on the side lips is not as bad as what i was picturing. You will lose any ability to store anything but totes but if that works for your plans its probably fine either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Flipperwaldt posted:

I've got a Zippo butane jet lighter insert that has worked perfectly for months, but recently has gone a bit wonky wrt starting on the first try or even holding the flame. I've also just thrown out an empty canister of butane and started a new one from another brand. My question is, is there such a thing as lovely quality butane?

Had this happen to one of mine as well and am curious.

I was using the same butane though so I doubt its a lovely can, but it would be good to know if the insert is trashed after like less than a year of use.