Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Home Depot or any other hardware store should have these 3 oz little guys of silicon around

https://www.homedepot.com/p/POLYMERSHAPES-100-Silicone-2-8-oz-Clear-Caulk-and-Sealant-for-Plastic-Sheets-GE-57/202038072

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can't that gently caress up the wood though?

if you do it at a bazillion psi yeah, start low with a fan tip

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

CzarChasm posted:

On the subject of fire extinguishers, do the little home models need replacing? I've had mine for about 10 years and never had need of it, but it's just some off the shelf Kidde model, about the size of a 1L bottle. I don't think they are charged like what you see in a school or office.

those things are almost useless due to their small size alone, dispose of it properly and get a full size one with a hose for aiming.

the small ones might put out a small fire on the stove but that's about it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

reversefungi posted:

Stupid question, not sure if this is the right thread for it: Just moved into a new house (we're renting) and I've put my office in the basement. The only two basement windows are next to the backyard deck, and not too far from the windows are where all the house exhausts go. I've noticed if I keep a window open in the basement, I can occasionally smell the gas/exhausts for maybe 3-5 minutes every few hours. How concerned should I be? We had a contractor provided by the landlord come by earlier today and he didn't seem too concerned with the smells themselves, but suggested I use only the farther window from the exhausts for room ventilation. If the windows are closed, I never smell anything.

get an air quality meter from amazon and make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector by your work area. that'll give you some actual data to start making judgements with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
my friends absolutely love their EGO battery powered yard stuff