Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

I made this map on Halloween using these parameters:

• Using only the Five Thirty Eight reactive map
  • Beginning from Maine, going down the coast, then sweeping to the West
  • For every state that wasn't a greater than 100% chance for a candidate, roll a d100
  • Wait for the map to calculate before each dice roll to adjust for previous decisions

And that's how I got this:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Free Cog posted:

I made this map on Halloween using these parameters:

• Using only the Five Thirty Eight reactive map
  • Beginning from Maine, going down the coast, then sweeping to the West
  • For every state that wasn't a greater than 100% chance for a candidate, roll a d100
  • Wait for the map to calculate before each dice roll to adjust for previous decisions

And that's how I got this:

Lmfao

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Here's my map, went on pure gut feeling of where there would be "hidden trump voters" vs where there would be "hidden sick-of-trump voters"

blue texas come on!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i'll post a little optimism this morning because haha why not we're on the precipice of oblivion I might as well be the guy who says "we're about to step into a bold new world" before we walk through the bubble directly into hell itself

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Nov 3, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

i'll post a little optimism this morning because haha why not we're on the precipice of oblivion I might as well be the guy who says "we're about to step into a bold new world" before we walk through the bubble directly into hell itself

optimistic for what exactly

Biden’s not doing a lockdown, a mask mandate, or cutting you a check. he’s not gonna give you healthcare. he’s gonna let killer cops keep murdering Black people. he’s gonna keep murdering Muslim kids. he’s gonna back right wing coups in Latin America. he’s gonna do nothing but brutal austerity and ensure Trump 2.0 dominates 2024.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Taintrunner posted:

optimistic for what exactly

Biden’s not doing a lockdown, a mask mandate, or cutting you a check. he’s not gonna give you healthcare. he’s gonna let killer cops keep murdering Black people. he’s gonna keep murdering Muslim kids. he’s gonna back right wing coups in Latin America. he’s gonna do nothing but brutal austerity and ensure Trump 2.0 dominates 2024.

dude i'm not voting for him or telling people to vote for him but i'm not going to pretend trump is better to help you replace the therapy you need over what happened in 2016 and again in 2020

nobody likes what is going on or what the next four to eight to twelve years have in store for us but jesus loving christ I don't have insurance and half my currently not-dead family is in the will-be-dead group and as i am not a necromancer i cannot change them to the un-dead group so would you kindly gently caress your way up a wall with piss and leave me alone

a toddler could handle coronavirus better and i can at least prefer the outcome where we have an admin who doesn't just let all of us die because coronavirus is bad for their poll numbers

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Nov 3, 2020

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
also I am 100% sure that oklahoma will deliver 7 electoral votes to kanye west and if that's not optimism, i don't know what is, you absolute joyless person

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

dude i'm not voting for him or telling people to vote for him but i'm not going to pretend trump is better to help you replace the therapy you need over what happened in 2016 and again in 2020

nobody likes what is going on or what the next four to eight to twelve years have in store for us but jesus loving christ I don't have insurance and half my currently not-dead family is in the will-be-dead group and as i am not a necromancer i cannot change them to the un-dead group so would you kindly gently caress your way up a wall with piss and leave me alone

a toddler could handle coronavirus better and i can at least prefer the outcome where we have an admin who doesn't just let all of us die because coronavirus is bad for their poll numbers

Biden is not giving you healthcare and is refusing to do the needful to handle the pandemic, resulting in the same outcome as Trump. Sorry your little fantasy of the liberal austerity champion and his cabinet of Republican freaks like Kasich coming to save the day is just that, fiction.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Taintrunner posted:

Biden is not giving you healthcare and is refusing to do the needful to handle the pandemic, resulting in the same outcome as Trump. Sorry your little fantasy of the liberal austerity champion and his cabinet of Republican freaks like Kasich coming to save the day is just that, fiction.

hey bud we just got the medicaid expansion here in oklahoma last year and at least his argument isn't to tear the whole thing down and make sure nobody ever covers my scoliosis and mental health problems ever again

i want medicare for all too but obamacare was a lot better than not having anything if you were already a person with health problems

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

hey bud we just got the medicaid expansion here in oklahoma last year and at least his argument isn't to tear the whole thing down and make sure nobody ever covers my scoliosis and mental health problems ever again

his argument is to let health insurance companies bankrupt you.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tag urself, i'm red illinois

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Taintrunner posted:

I dont think he needs to save the day to be an improvement over trump

democrats in congress have already proven more likely to literally cut us all checks during the pandemic, for example

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Taintrunner posted:

his argument is to let health insurance companies bankrupt you.

a hospital will do exactly the same thing if you don't have insurance bud

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

a hospital will do exactly the same thing if you don't have insurance bud

good thing Biden also wants to let hospitals bankrupt you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oiled and Ready posted:

I dont think he needs to save the day to be an improvement over trump

democrats in congress have already proven more likely to literally cut us all checks during the pandemic, for example

haaahahahahahahaa no they won’t, Pelosi was very much against direct cash payouts at the start

Biden’s campaign has already declared “the pantry is dry” and he won’t be doing poo poo, but I’m sure the guy who wants John loving Kasich in his cabinet is going to be thinking about anything than the defecit

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Taintrunner posted:

good thing Biden also wants to let hospitals bankrupt you.

nothing changing is better than everything getting worse when your personal outcome is likely death which is probably why old people refuse to let progress happen

that said, i don't embrace accelerationism this much, hope your day improves friend

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

nothing changing is better than everything getting worse when your personal outcome is likely death which is probably why old people refuse to let progress happen

that said, i don't embrace accelerationism this much, hope your day improves friend

the problem is “nothing changing” is fiction. the Obama/Biden years of “nothing changing” actively made everything worse and gave us Trump. why do you want Trump 2.0 so bad

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harrow posted:

its more likely than you think. Illinois went red as recently as 88

edit: 68-88 Illinois was red every time

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

haaahahahahahahaa no they won’t, Pelosi was very much against direct cash payouts at the start

Biden’s campaign has already declared “the pantry is dry” and he won’t be doing poo poo, but I’m sure the guy who wants John loving Kasich in his cabinet is going to be thinking about anything than the defecit

out of curiosity, do you feel genuinely compelled to come into any thread where biden is mentioned and start making GBS threads up the place or is this something that you're doing just to be a little poo poo?

legit no one in here was advocating voting biden and yet you roll in here and spend a page making GBS threads on him while everyone goes "yeah, we know". if it's a gimmick, it's dumb as hell, and if it's genuine, please log off and actually do something productive with that anger. you're ruining everyone's good time

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
I posted this back in loving June, and if anything, I was too conservative.

Dehumanize yourselves and face to loving Trump.

Organ Fiend posted:

There is no way Trump loses short of replacing Biden at the convention with someone radically different. Even then it would have to be someone who was credibly offering something tangible and desireable to the electorate. Nothing in the equation has changed since 2016. COVID, the riots, the economic situation, none of this changes anything and a huge part of that is that Biden offers nothing on any of these fronts. The other part is that Trump has successfully convinced his voters that these things aren't really his fault (like 95% approval among republicans). If nothing changes then the result is the same.

RE COVID: Trump wrote the checks! He made sure his name was on them. For those getting direct deposits, he wrote them a letter with his big, beautiful signature on it! I got one of these, and not only is his name all over it, it is SO obviously written in his voice. The one bit of relief from this disaster and he made sure his name was all over it. His other mistakes don't matter at all because he's giving people something and what does Biden offer? Nothing.

RE riots: Not a single one of the rioters/protesters either voted for Trump, or would ever possibly vote for Trump in 2020. I.e. these do not represent a rejection of Trump by his voters. On the contrary, these riots will energize his base just like the Chicago riots that shut down one of his rallies in 2016 did. These riots could be used as a way to energize the anti-Trump base, but once again, Joe Biden offers nothing on this point. In fact he is easily connected to the crime bill of the 90s (you know this will come up in the debates).

RE the economy: See COVID. Downturn will be blamed on that, and once again, he wrote the checks.

So once again, we have a charismatic guy with a rabidly enthusiastic base and zero inhibitions about hitting people for absolutely anything, against a decrepit symbol of washington corruption with numerous skeletons in their closet and with no enthusiasm behind them, who offers the electorate nothing.

I wasn't posting in 2016 (lol @ posting in D&D or even CSPAM before 11/9) but I predicted Trump (and how he would win) in 2016 and the guys in my office thought I was hilarious.

So here's my prediction:

Trump loses no more than one of the light red states (possibly wins all), and may pick up some of the light blue states depending on how badly Biden fucks up/decays live on camera and on how horrible his VP is.

Also, I'd like an Arby-Q with hash browns. No drink.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Harrow posted:

red pa :hattip:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Azathoth posted:

out of curiosity, do you feel genuinely compelled to come into any thread where biden is mentioned and start making GBS threads up the place or is this something that you're doing just to be a little poo poo?

legit no one in here was advocating voting biden and yet you roll in here and spend a page making GBS threads on him while everyone goes "yeah, we know". if it's a gimmick, it's dumb as hell, and if it's genuine, please log off and actually do something productive with that anger. you're ruining everyone's good time

it’s art how he derails every topic about being no joe.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

So much focus on Pennsylvania lets Biden squeak out Georgia, and a slight polling error in favor of Biden lets him win most of the 50/50 states.

Not Texas. Texas is never turning blue.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

:911:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dayvan Cowboy posted:

So much focus on Pennsylvania lets Biden squeak out Georgia, and a slight polling error in favor of Biden lets him win most of the 50/50 states.

Not Texas. Texas is never turning blue.

Blue Texas, much like fission power, is 20 years away, and always will be.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Is this Loss?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Azathoth posted:

Blue Texas, much like fission power, is 20 years away, and always will be.

The next 40 Friedman units will be critical in shaping our electorate and energy usage

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

no for real, no, it's a legit map i think has a chance of happening, biden's awful and dem enthusiasm is poo poo while trumpers are ready to march into their graves as long as their corpse hits the lever for trump on the way down

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Kitfox88 posted:

no for real, no, it's a legit map i think has a chance of happening, biden's awful and dem enthusiasm is poo poo while trumpers are ready to march into their graves as long as their corpse hits the lever for trump on the way down

New Jersey but not Wisconsin?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

uh, not saying biden isn't poo poo or that he's worth getting excited about (hold that post taintrunner), but in what universe is dem enthusiasm poo poo? like, not saying that their enthused around good things, but at worst they're slightly more enthused than republicans to vote. i was around party poo poo in 2016 and 2018, and the level of enthusiasm that is coming out now is well above 2018 and a whole other level from 2016

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Even if Biden doesn't win, everyone who voted for him will get to sleep soundly for the next four years with the knowledge they did everything they could.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

It really comes down to Pennsylvania. The predictions I'm most shaky on are Arizona and Wisconsin. Polls look good for Biden in those states, but Wisconsin has gone full covid hoaxer so I don't trust the polling there.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Eh, might as well look brilliant/stupid for posterity.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Geshtal posted:

Eh, might as well look brilliant/stupid for posterity.

My prediction map is identical to yours. I'd admit that Florida and Georgia in particular are a little speculative, but hey, no sense being timid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Even if Biden doesn't win, everyone who voted for him will get to sleep soundly for the next four years with the knowledge they did everything they could.

i am like, seriously a little envious of people who can do this