Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Leave youtubers alone!¡!!1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think it's wiser to consider that said decade+ old video is the product of a pretty young person at a period of time where managing fanbase interactions as an independent online entertainer was, well, just as exhausting and toxic as it is now, but without the intervening years of collective experience.

I mean, yes, we should leave Britney alone! Cara Cunningham was right.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

I think it's wiser to consider that said decade+ old video is the product of a pretty young person at a period of time where managing fanbase interactions as an independent online entertainer was, well, just as exhausting and toxic as it is now, but without the intervening years of collective experience.

no

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DoctorWhat posted:

I do not think I will, OP.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Linkara is still pretty prone to being hostile towards people who watch him, so I don’t necessarily think he’s changed that much.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i'm going to make fun of linkara for making an overly dramatic video about the power rangers OP
ok, but-

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol forgot that linkara sounds like a stereotypical nerd
-you were actually specifically making fun of his voice just now. like just a moment ago, on the same page of this thread.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LazyMaybe posted:

ok, but-

-you were actually specifically making fun of his voice just now. like just a moment ago, on the same page of this thread.

yeah

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
his voice is funny to me. does that make you mad?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Never say anything bad about Youtubers, they are God's most holy and fragile creations. Even saying something slightly negative about them will destroy them which is a mortal sin.

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Linkara is still pretty prone to being hostile towards people who watch him, so I don’t necessarily think he’s changed that much.

He's right to be hostile towards people who watch Linkara because they deserve to be bullied in the hallways after fourth period biology.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CullenDaGaDee posted:

The people who watch him are Power Rangers/anglosphere toku fans and comic book grognards. To a degree it's his own fault via subject matter focus, but those audiences are intolerable.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

interesting. i'm gonna check out this video instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaKwqsSIbIo

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i'm going to make fun of linkara for making an overly dramatic video about the power rangers OP

16-bit kiwifarms-Head

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I am the white linkara ranger

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
gonna find a linkara playlist on youtube to fall asleep to linkara and wake up to linkara

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DoctorWhat posted:

The people who watch him are anglosphere toku fans

No that's a you thing, not an us thing. Leave the Kamen Rider Club out of this.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

a.lo posted:

gonna find a linkara playlist on youtube to fall asleep to linkara and wake up to linkara

You wake up to a phone alarm of Smells Like Teen Spirit with a copy of Young Blood #1 under your pillow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No that's a you thing, not an us thing. Leave the Kamen Rider Club out of this.

The toku thread here is chill but the general quality of conversation and social mores in English speaking toku communities, and especially Power Rangers-centric communities, is almost unfathomably bad. Lots of fandoms are gross and annoying in general but for a fanbase that relies so heavily on fansubs I'm not sure most of them can read.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this gif and him saying "I am the lightbringer!" is everything i know about linkara.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

DoctorWhat posted:

Linkara has been the continual target of Kiwifarms-type freaks for over a decade so I think it's reasonable for him to block people who log on just to insult him.

It's interesting how this thread culture can talk about different public figures. There's a sort of "dignity uncanny valley" where if you're not respectable enough but also not cringe to the point of, like, near-criminality, it's like all the gloves are off.

I don't think it's good to make fun of people's voices, for example.

KiwiFarms is terrible and I 100% condemn their harassment. This does not change the fact that Linkara has Big Kid Even The Teacher Shoves in a Locker Energy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

this gif and him saying "I am the lightbringer!" is everything i know about linkara.

he is the lightbringer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont hate linkara or anything i just think he's unintentionally funny he's a big dweeb its cool

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
grimbeard ftw. grimby rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the mf wears a fedora unironically and you expect me to not chuckle at him? foolishness...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Linkara has been the continual target of Kiwifarms-type freaks for over a decade so I think it's reasonable for him to block people who log on just to insult him.

It's interesting how this thread culture can talk about different public figures. There's a sort of "dignity uncanny valley" where if you're not respectable enough but also not cringe to the point of, like, near-criminality, it's like all the gloves are off.

I don't think it's good to make fun of people's voices, for example.

\

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
imo Linkara is a dweeb with a head that looks like a potato and a regrettable interest in children's entertainment products but he's not a bad dude or anything

mostly I make fun of him to annoy his fans

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i dont know who linkara is. i watch good content instead

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Radia posted:

i watch good content instead

that is clearly not what this thread is for

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Radia posted:

i dont know who linkara is. i watch good content instead

Wisdom.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Andrast posted:

that is clearly not what this thread is for
well yea, anime gets its own subforum

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm glad Noah is back, I missed spoony spearmint!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Linkara is fine and I have no problems with him. His videos are also decent if not formulaic. But at least they aint 10 hours long

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

By the way has anything happened witth MamaMax? Last I heard his entire subreddit left him, his friends left him and no news from Patreon regarding being investigated by the FBI for possession of child sexual abuse material.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

KingKalamari posted:

KiwiFarms is terrible and I 100% condemn their harassment. This does not change the fact that Linkara has Big Kid Even The Teacher Shoves in a Locker Energy

If there's one thing I hate in this thread and forum, it's people trying to justify bullying in any form. It disgusts me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is a forum built on making fun of people online

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

CelticPredator posted:

This is a forum built on making fun of people online

And the best things to come out of the forum reject that entirely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think you should log onto twitter and @ linkara to make fun of his voice or post the running gif at him. however, lightly mocking someone in a forum they will never read, with no intention of pushing that mocking outwards, is not harassment or bullying.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Spark That Bled posted:

And some of the best things to come out of the forum reject that entirely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh most of the best things to come out of this forum are everyone making fun of a bad poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Endorph posted:

i dont think you should log onto twitter and @ linkara to make fun of his voice or post the running gif at him. however, lightly mocking someone in a forum they will never read, with no intention of pushing that mocking outwards, is not harassment or bullying.

I'm talking about the whole "shoving kids into lockers" thing, the kind of thing that happened to me when I was a kid in care, especially by certain teachers and care staff. They just didn't literally shove me into a locker because of my size.