Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I'm glad comedians are scared to tell jokes now because of woke. I hope more comedians get cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lmao Kitboga got profiled by NPR

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

wizard2 posted:

I'm glad comedians are scared to tell jokes now because of woke. I hope more comedians get cancelled.

:hai:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Endorph posted:

as illustrated in that clip they technically dont have to

That's what they hope for because then they can get a special about how they've been cancelled by the woke mob

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

wizard2 posted:

Thank God comedy has been illegalized.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

mycot posted:

now I can only get comedy in New Hampshire, with my fireworks

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nuebot posted:

That's what they hope for because then they can get a special about how they've been cancelled by the woke mob

That this works for everything is truly sad

"The fair didn't like that the year-old brisket I cooked gave them food poisoning. I am being cancelled by the woke mob, buy my sauce" WORKED

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Grondoth posted:

That this works for everything is truly sad

"The fair didn't like that the year-old brisket I cooked gave them food poisoning. I am being cancelled by the woke mob, buy my sauce" WORKED

I went to a Korean restaurant the other day and the wok they provided kept burning the beef briskets

clearly it was a woke wok! :argh:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

mycot posted:

Mashallah we shall lead comedians to paradise

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Judging from what happened to Twitter, "comedy" is Elon's codeword for hate crimes and minors

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

any comedian who talks about their comedy being politically incorrect usually has material that's about as cutting as knock knock joke books for kids

jimmy carr has a special coming out on netflix and if you hover over it for one second, you'll immediately hear jimmy say "my girlfriend's a vegan, i'm sure she's told you all already" wow jimmy! great joke! and what's up with that chicken crossing the road? am i right??

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So here's that video about Evermore Park closing from one of the employees. Apparently the guy running the park haven't paid rent to the landowner for months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmFZ_5mBxg

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The MSJ posted:

So here's that video about Evermore Park closing from one of the employees. Apparently the guy running the park haven't paid rent to the landowner for months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmFZ_5mBxg

Evermore Park was so weird, just from videos it seemed like a cross between a LARP and a not very good themepark.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Evermore Park was so weird, just from videos it seemed like a cross between a LARP and a not very good themepark.

And based on Jenny Nicholson's video, the LARPing is probably highlight of the whole thing but they ended up cutting corners on even that aspect.

In other news, Billiam's new video of him touring the non-Disney tourist places around Orlando actually make me want to go to Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVrpeKJddUs

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

lmao Kitboga got profiled by NPR

And their opinion of him?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The 7th Guest posted:

any comedian who talks about their comedy being politically incorrect usually has material that's about as cutting as knock knock joke books for kids

jimmy carr has a special coming out on netflix and if you hover over it for one second, you'll immediately hear jimmy say "my girlfriend's a vegan, i'm sure she's told you all already" wow jimmy! great joke! and what's up with that chicken crossing the road? am i right??

Jimmy Carr has never seemed like he's trying to DO anything with his poo poo stirring. He's the living embodiment of this Limmy bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nu6aGcDeAg

I'd say "what's even the point" but the point is money. Thirty five quid a ticket for his current tour.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the grumps eat way, way too many british snacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-j6_wnCxgA&hd=1

"maaaaaan, this poo poo ain't food!"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Weirdest drat thing is that I had never gotten around to watching Jenny's Evermore video and then I decided to do so like, yesterday. And then in the recommends was one from two weeks ago that was like "Updates on the Evermore situation" and then the one from two days ago about it being officially closed.

Did the algorithm get into my head somehow.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I had watched some of Jenny's old videos like two months ago and then stopped and they only popped back up in the last couple of days, so maybe it kind of did. :tinfoil:

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 16, 2024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Captain Invictus posted:

the grumps eat way, way too many british snacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-j6_wnCxgA&hd=1

"maaaaaan, this poo poo ain't food!"

Ok, I'm not going to defend Fray Bentos pies because they're awful, but like... those pickles they start out with are not intended to just be eaten by themselves with a cracker or something. You have branston pickle in a sandwich or with some cheese. And Vegemite isn't British!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The MSJ posted:

And based on Jenny Nicholson's video, the LARPing is probably highlight of the whole thing but they ended up cutting corners on even that aspect.

In other news, Billiam's new video of him touring the non-Disney tourist places around Orlando actually make me want to go to Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVrpeKJddUs

after covid they fired all their actors so it was literally just an empty field with a bunch of kiosks where you could press a button to hear a dwarf yell at you through a speaker.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fil5000 posted:

Ok, I'm not going to defend Fray Bentos pies because they're awful, but like... those pickles they start out with are not intended to just be eaten by themselves with a cracker or something. You have branston pickle in a sandwich or with some cheese. And Vegemite isn't British!

literally every "ha ha british snacks" video is like this, I remember one couple eating every food mentioned in Doctor Who or something and they ate plain yorkshire puddings

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From watching all of Jenny's videos about it the whole thing comes across as something with more ambition than money. Like they straight up couldn't afford to do the things they wanted to and instead of trying to do something designed to be in their range they just kind of half assed the more expensive thing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Trying to sue Taylor Swift of all people was certainly a decision.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

muscles like this! posted:

From watching all of Jenny's videos about it the whole thing comes across as something with more ambition than money. Like they straight up couldn't afford to do the things they wanted to and instead of trying to do something designed to be in their range they just kind of half assed the more expensive thing.
Yeah, my read on the video is that the owner thought he was rich enough to make his own theme park to compete with modern day Disneyland without realizing that, while he was rich, he was not modern day Disney rich. Opening day 1955 Disneyland kinda sucked with a bunch of cheap bad rides and if he had shot for that instead of a three story explorable ghost pirate ship and animated sea dragon he probably could have done it and tried to build something that would grow into profitability and expand but from his other projects that doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would want to do.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

literally every "ha ha british snacks" video is like this, I remember one couple eating every food mentioned in Doctor Who or something and they ate plain yorkshire puddings

At least you can eat plain yorkshire puddings, putting some branston pickle onto a cracker by itself marks you as an idiot.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Also the owner probably could have spent some of they money on prop graves and statues instead of "importing" them from Europe and had a few bucks left over to make the park more good.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
They also disappointed by doing the exact same thing every "american encounters a marmite" thing does; take a substance with an impossibly strong flavour and then just clart a load of it on something and eat it neat.

No! it tastes awful, of course do not do this! it is to be used sparingly, preferably on well buttered toast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also as noted in that closure video guy spent an ungodly amount of money on stupid poo poo nobody cares about, like importing REAL STATUES instead of just paying some guy to make one, and then refused to pay the actors who are 99% of the parks concept.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I mean didn't the video also state the guy's on record as being an antiques afficionado? Seems pretty clear to me that the park itself was just kind of an excuse for him to go whole hog on his decorating and costuming hobby. It'd at least explain the very weird priorities he seemed to have had al throughout the park's existence.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Endorph posted:

also as noted in that closure video guy spent an ungodly amount of money on stupid poo poo nobody cares about, like importing REAL STATUES instead of just paying some guy to make one, and then refused to pay the actors who are 99% of the parks concept.

And real grave stones! That are now just resting in a parking lot somewhere.

This dude is gonna get turbo cursed

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Evermore is the result of one guy with no practical experience building a theme park, ren faires, organized LARPing, and any business with customer-to-employee relations, etc. deciding he could do all of that because he made his family home into a haunted house every fall.

And all of that is hard as poo poo. I don’t even know if there’s any place that offers those kind of experiences that perfectly protects employees from physical and mental harm or has managed to maintain the quality of the themed world. Like look how Disney fumbled so much of the execution of their star wars land and that dumb hotel.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZM_8ud4xak

Good opportunity to relisten to Jenny's song from the original Evermore. It has a wistful feel that fits the closing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

His Grid VR maze business is a far better idea that even Disney licensed. Yet somehow he didn't make it part of Evermore.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Judge Tesla posted:

At least you can eat plain yorkshire puddings, putting some branston pickle onto a cracker by itself marks you as an idiot.

theyre game grumps op. it's been a cavalcade of idiocy for over a decade

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cumpantry posted:

theyre game grumps op. it's been a cavalcade of idiocy for over a decade

now I want to see them eat German snacks, just to see what they can get wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Samovar posted:

And their opinion of him?

Generally positive but there's one obligatory naysayer.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Libluini posted:

now I want to see them eat German snacks, just to see what they can get wrong

They would put sugar on Bretzeln, no doubt.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it makes me so angry when people don't know how to eat my dumb food properly

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
To be fair, Dan and Arin have built their career together on being unwilling to read any instructions and incapable of learning. So why wouldn't that extend to food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zokari posted:

it makes me so angry when people don't know how to eat my dumb food properly

Eating raw shrimp paste and rendang ftw