Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

what stand up comedians does hitler support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ang6Fw9Ff2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Endorph posted:

what stand up comedians does hitler support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in7yLZJ7A6Y

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

That's amazing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shame Nerd City's got a broken brain they put out quality videos.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
This look into the host clubs and host culture in Japan is pretty interesting if you don't know too much about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoeeMLCopu8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shame Nerd City's got a broken brain they put out quality videos.

Same. I loved his video about Jaystation.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

that video was....quite the ride

once again, i ask, how the gently caress do nazi furries exist? :psyboom:

2 The Ranting Gryphon had a similiar history to someone like Boogie or Jontron, as in someone whose sense of humor was brash and up but was otherwise "innofensive" that had a fair share of skeletons on his closet within the fandom and then went from someone who could easily get a place on a major con as he was " one of the only furry-centric comedians" to getting kicked out of more cons as he became increasingly worse to hang around with. As the cons got bigger and the fandom in a way less derided or mocked online, there was no longer that need for what is technically a Denis Leary-type figure that happened to go "you furries rule" since he was way bigger around the early 2000's than now, specially one that was quite a handful in terms of attitude outside the stage + increasingly amount of incidents revolving him.

... That's less of a consequence of animal people themselves as much as it is a consequence of being part of a fandom that is mostly about building your own thing and tends to create its own niche groups.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Same. I loved his video about Jaystation.

Reminds me of Common Sense Skeptic a guy who puts out really good videos critical of Musk (and did a series on Andrew Tate and another on Kevin O'Leary) but turned out to be a giant idiot outside of seemingly those three subjects when I followed him on Twitter awhile back.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LoL at the post/reply/name/avatar/gangtag synchronicity.

Grade A posting.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

apparently netflix's latest true crime doc used AI to create fake past photographs and poo poo

making me think there's no way true crime youtubers won't pull the same stunt to generate more slop for their endless waterfall of videos

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol it's always the hands.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

4000 iq: if theres any artist out there that is good at drawing hands you should tell them to stop

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hiter loved ai

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hiter loved ai
chudjourney

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hiter loved ai

concerning, looking into this.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
The hands are bad but the dress looks like a paper cutout, it's bizarre.

Using AI to make fake photos of (presumably) murder victims is pretty skin crawling.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mycatscrimes posted:

The hands are bad but the dress looks like a paper cutout, it's bizarre.

Using AI to make fake photos of (presumably) murder victims is pretty skin crawling.

The murderer in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQt46gvYO40

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's not as bad as totally phony images but I've noticed several YouTubers upscaling old photos and it always looks terrible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

apparently netflix's latest true crime doc used AI to create fake past photographs and poo poo

making me think there's no way true crime youtubers won't pull the same stunt to generate more slop for their endless waterfall of videos

The same photo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

true crime "fandoms" are completely deranged lol

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I guess it was nice to see the True Crime series bounce back after True Crime NYC under performed.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

The 7th Guest posted:

Faithless Looting-looking rear end

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The most popular true crime (sorry "true crime comedy") podcast being called My Favorite Murder sums it up.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they are convinced there is a serial killer dumping bodies in the Austin river because people are getting drunk and falling into the river and drowning at the rate of 10 or so a year.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Suddenly remembering the drama where the male host was revealed to be a nasty prick to work with.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yiik for some reason having a cutscene thats a recreation of the elissa lam disappearance

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Equeen posted:

Suddenly remembering the drama where the male host was revealed to be a nasty prick to work with.

Yeah, although in hindsight it's not surprising that folks who profit off people's trauma were not terribly pleasant.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
a knock on effect of the true crime boom is that these people try to reinvestigate the old cases up to contacting the victim's families convinced they found the missing detail to solve the crime/accuse them of being the real killers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was cool when the zodiac killer's cipher was solved but it didnt solve the case or anything it was just more serial killer gloating and it was done by a computer not true crime fans

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

What a weird way to find out the Zodiac cipher was solved.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Terrible AI thumbnail? Check.
Terrible clickbait title that tells the viewer nothing? Check.
Channel I've never heard of randomly appearing? Check.

Oh yeah, you'd better believe I'm going to link this video that I have never and will never watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMf4G05CjCU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

TheMightyBoops posted:

What a weird way to find out the Zodiac cipher was solved.

The video by the folks solving it is actually part of a super interesting series on all the ciphers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oQLPRE21o

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Kunster posted:

2 The Ranting Gryphon had a similiar history to someone like Boogie or Jontron, as in someone whose sense of humor was brash and up but was otherwise "innofensive" that had a fair share of skeletons on his closet within the fandom and then went from someone who could easily get a place on a major con as he was " one of the only furry-centric comedians" to getting kicked out of more cons as he became increasingly worse to hang around with. As the cons got bigger and the fandom in a way less derided or mocked online, there was no longer that need for what is technically a Denis Leary-type figure that happened to go "you furries rule" since he was way bigger around the early 2000's than now, specially one that was quite a handful in terms of attitude outside the stage + increasingly amount of incidents revolving him.

... That's less of a consequence of animal people themselves as much as it is a consequence of being part of a fandom that is mostly about building your own thing and tends to create its own niche groups.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CullenDaGaDee posted:

I guess it was nice to see the True Crime series bounce back after True Crime NYC under performed.

True Crime got done so dirty by the best game in it's series ending up not even called True Crime. (Sleeping Dogs)

Kunster posted:

I wish I didn't know this guy somewhat already, cause now I'm too interested to not watch that.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 19, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:thunkgun:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The only good True Crime is Streets of LA. And NYC probably, didn't play that one

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yardbomb posted:

True Crime got done so dirty by the best game in it's series ending up not even called True Crime. (Sleeping Dogs)
You know how they say every time somebody mentions Deux Ex, somebody ends up reinstalling it?
Well that is me with Sleeping Dogs currently; solved my "what to play next".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dongicus posted:

yiik for some reason having a cutscene thats a recreation of the elissa lam disappearance

The reason is because the creator was one of those true crime guys and extremely obsessed with her disappearance. So the sensible thing was to turn her into his video game waifu.