Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endorph posted:

i like balatro but tbh after clearing the hardest difficult i wask ind of done with it
tbh i think if you've cleared the hardest difficulty of a game you kind of are done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

new 7 hour quinton review dropped

ok at this point the troll is working on me lmao im pissed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Radia posted:

ok at this point the troll is working on me lmao im pissed

lol you mad

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
F.D. Signifier talks about Kid 'n' Play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=firBA4JlQFA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mycot posted:

This is not an exaggeration btw the killing curses correspond to shotgun/SMG/Assault Rifle

Not Legacy, it was the licensed game for one of the later movies.

Deathly Hallows, right? I recall that from Call Me Kevin's videos on the Harry Potter games.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

:negative: online even

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for talking about ResetEra everyone that was very funny, as someone who's unfamiliar with the website's history of stupidity.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks for talking about ResetEra everyone that was very funny, as someone who's unfamiliar with the website's history of stupidity.
i look at resetera occasionally to have some good chuckles. like whenever they have a 'steam hidden gems' thread

or this person who won't play mother 3

they also have a dedicated thread for karl jobst

e: i have a folder full of stupid takes that i screencap and share on discord there's just always material everywhere

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 23, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

my gamer, just buy the cart and put it in a gba

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

greatest forum in the world and im over here wasting time with the freaks on this one (flips table and stomps off)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

e: i have a folder full of stupid takes that i screencap and share on discord there's just always material everywhere

sorry but they totally nailed this one

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Eat the taki moss

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Surprised they didn't go for tacky moss.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Piracy is stealing, and stealing IS WRONG!

:blastu::yarr:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

just delete it after 24 hours, dude

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Eat the taki moss

Don’t eat the taki moss! It’s just for looks.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

This one physically hurt me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Clip-On Fedora posted:

This one physically hurt me

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

halo invented the FPS

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Mr Interweb posted:

Not when 3 Musketeers exists, they didn't

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'm terrible at mental math juggling and stuff with basic poker, so even if the premise sounds neat, thinking about Balatro for any length of time makes my eyes bug out and I start shaking like a Chihuahua.

You don’t really have to do much math except in the early game when you’re trying to get through rounds before you have a build going. Once you’ve started putting your deck together you pretty much just have a certain hand that you go for and a general idea of how many chips that hand gets you.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

[chuckles] i have a script that automatically deletes and then redownloads every game, ever released, forever. does this..upset you?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Radia posted:

[chuckles] i have a script that automatically deletes and then redownloads every game, ever released, forever. does this..upset you?

Yes. You're monopolizing the tubes.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Remember when Mandalore put a throwaway gag about Resetera in his Total war 2 video and there was a flurry of people worrying maybe he was a chud because of it

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I want to thank this thread for showing me the fascinating wonder of the human condition that is Resetera.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The 7th Guest posted:

i look at resetera occasionally to have some good chuckles. like whenever they have a 'steam hidden gems' thread

or this person who won't play mother 3

they also have a dedicated thread for karl jobst

please share more these are great

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This made went and check No Mutants Allowed and RPG Codex in the last few days, and yeah they’re both still stupid.

Both message boards still let you use slurs freely, some NMA posters apparently think Amazon would have cancelled the Fallout series by now due to low viewer numbers, and someone at RPG Codex apparently thinks Larian won't make BG3 because Hasbro is too woke.

I think it was also one of those sites that once banned new users if they sign in using Gmail, Yahoo or other common email clients. Probably the dumbest alleged anti-trolling measure, and just shows they want to gatekeep their safespace for bad ideas.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Thread favourite game silent hill ascension is ending this Wednesday

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The MSJ posted:

This made went and check No Mutants Allowed and RPG Codex in the last few days, and yeah they’re both still stupid.

Both message boards still let you use slurs freely, some NMA posters apparently think Amazon would have cancelled the Fallout series by now due to low viewer numbers, and someone at RPG Codex apparently thinks Larian won't make BG3 because Hasbro is too woke.

I think it was also one of those sites that once banned new users if they sign in using Gmail, Yahoo or other common email clients. Probably the dumbest alleged anti-trolling measure, and just shows they want to gatekeep their safespace for bad ideas.

I just checked and somehow Unwashed Villagers is still around, a forum so old that it has a random encounter based on it in fallout 2. Admittedly it's mostly migrated to a discord server but a site that old being around still is impressive. Not NMA though, that place is a sewer.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this has occasionally but persistently popped up in my recommends over the last year or so, I finally watched it. nothing new to anyone who has actually read the entirety of usagi drop, but an okay breakdown of the series, why it was good, and why it was so mortifying seeing the path it took
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_221j4BTA&hd=1

some of the comments being from fathers who were increasingly dismayed as they read the series, or remarking on public reception to the series's shift, really takes me back to when people were reading it as it happened. just a slow motion trainwreck and everyone could see where the author was going with it but refusing to believe they would actually do it, just irrevocably ruining and setting alight the exceptional series they had built up until that point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Interweb posted:

A York Peppermint Party is NOT a candy bar. Is a freaking Moon Pie a candy bar

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

this has occasionally but persistently popped up in my recommends over the last year or so, I finally watched it. nothing new to anyone who has actually read the entirety of usagi drop, but an okay breakdown of the series, why it was good, and why it was so mortifying seeing the path it took
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_221j4BTA&hd=1

some of the comments being from fathers who were increasingly dismayed as they read the series, or remarking on public reception to the series's shift, really takes me back to when people were reading it as it happened. just a slow motion trainwreck and everyone could see where the author was going with it but refusing to believe they would actually do it, just irrevocably ruining and setting alight the exceptional series they had built up until that point.

Hadn't heard of that series before and as soon as I read the premise I knew exactly what terrible direction you meant.

And no I didn't take a close look at the video thumbnail.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 23, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Rereading yotsuba instead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hadn't heard of that series before and as soon as I read the premise I knew exactly what terrible direction you meant.

And no I didn't take a close look at the video thumbnail.
it was so good. Genuinely one of the most heartfelt found family series around, with a wonderful cast and adorable artwork, giving characters you would otherwise expect to be demonized chances at redemption or even just to show their flawed, pitiable human side, and the duo of rin and daikichi as father and daughter was just incredibly well done with an excellent grounded adopted family relationship.

And then the author introduced a timeskip, retconned or ruined so many previously established relationships and facts, changed character behavior entirely, just so they could create their incest fantasy.

Like it went from a 9.5 out of ten series to a 1 in a handful of chapters. It literally retroactively destroys previous heartwarming scenes with its final arc.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Rereading yotsuba instead
good idea. Do wish it updated more frequently...or at all at this point. There's another series I want to read called Sweetness and Lightning that I've heard amazing things about too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Doesn't the anime avoid the lovely timeskip and end better?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The Usagi Drop author should be jailed for manga crimes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
crimes against manganity

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Civvie in a round up video said phantom fury, an upcoming game, was bad and he has no intention to make a video about it.

https://twitter.com/Civvie11/status/1782728464748925166?t=W0lcGjuBAO_DEOX5zd2fiw&s=19

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the only usagi drop i want to see is sailor moon comically tripping on a banana peel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The MSJ posted:

You might actually be thinking of Neo Gaf and now Reset Era which only accept non mainstream email clients. It means you usually need your own domain, work, or school email to register an account.