Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The film "Johnny Guitar" is amazing btw

Is it like Johnny Tsunami?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENpvgRnDsI

Like Stories of Old talks about the great Planet of the Apes reboot series.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

I’ve never once heard of this revolutionary piece of media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nec-SNPGH_Q

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Coffeezilla vs. that homeless millionaire dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B9AnLnleoE

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

This guy/channel is probably the perfect example of why fitness youtube is so terrible. He's genuinely an expert in the field and extremely well-informed, but his sense of humor is so extremely cringe it makes the videos difficult to watch. Like, here's one of his more tolerable videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrGsPXv_Cw

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Angryhead posted:

A new cooking video from The Infinite Review!
That old Cookery In Color video they show bits of at the start was amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn327UGYsic
Infinite Review still the best to ever do it, almost cried laughing at this several times. As someone who spends most of his time desperately searching for tricks to disguise his lack of talent, seeing someone get so much good stuff out of so very little astounds me. People will study this.

The I Hate Doctor Who Podcast, hosted by Richie from this, frequently features everyone else as a guest, and is probably one of my favorite things.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't remember if it ever came up here back when this was the hot viral thing, but the guy who bought a lobster from the grocery store a couple years ago is still going at it. Leon's still alive and the periodic life updates are really mellow and sweet.

This one is from a month ago, but it's checking in on how the salt water aquarium needs to be cleaned, reviewing some other experimental tanks he set up with the smaller aquariums he used to hold the lobster in, remarking on stuff he saw on his wildlife camera, checking in on how his ~14ish rescued cats are doing, and has him do a bit of light uh rural (?) exploration of a dead amusement park he used to visit when he was a kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPHmAKCnQrI

He's also a hobby koi breeder and repairs and maintains old motorcycles. Overall interesting video-guy.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 25, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

leon the lobster is a chud

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

alarming if true

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

fuggin bottom dwellers

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

This guy/channel is probably the perfect example of why fitness youtube is so terrible. He's genuinely an expert in the field and extremely well-informed, but his sense of humor is so extremely cringe it makes the videos difficult to watch. Like, here's one of his more tolerable videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrGsPXv_Cw

I think he's hit that issue all niche youtubers get to.

He's delivered basically all the info he needs on the topic. If you want training plans, nutrition, how to do exercises, it's all in the back catalog. So what do you do now? If there's not really any new info to deliver, then you have to make it about the person delivering it. He's cringe as hell yes, but it also seems to be working, Dr Mike shows up loving everywhere, and he's usually way more toned down and serious on other people's channels, closer to what he was like in his older videos, so it's clearly a deliberate choice to present like that.

Like shredded sports science, that dude has some of the absolute best vids about supplements and the evidence behind them, but once he'd covered them all he basically just said he was done and now spends his time dunking on social media videos.

Or the various bushcrafting channels that cover fire making, shelters and finally hit the rock bottom that is Ali Express challenges.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Mm no that's a type of fish, not a lobster.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i used to really love aquariums but eventually got rid of mine... really miss it was chill watching the fish

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i used to really love aquariums but eventually got rid of mine... really miss it was chill watching the fish

Fish are really cute and aquascaping is gorgeous, but I'm too busy and broke to have a tank. Living vicariously through aquarium youtube.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

koi are cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

koi are chuds

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

koi are chuds

i saw them eat the koi feed trump gave them like the chuds they are

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol that the fitness tips were pretty ok and then for some reason it went into fighting zombies. cringe but not as bad as the ones i keep getting on instagram that are genuine steroids propaganda (or the recent liver king video doing the rounds where he's grunting like he got hit by a poison attack in dark souls)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the liver king put all his points in strength and not enough in anything else

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every time i think "maybe steroids are good actually" i just remember duncan making the guys in the steriods thread so mad that they start fantasizing about running over cyclists on the road and lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Alaois posted:

every time i think "maybe steroids are good actually" i just remember duncan making the guys in the steriods thread so mad that they start fantasizing about running over cyclists on the road and lmao

natty little bike man!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The Liver King has the body of someone who let a 13 year old boy fiddle with all the custom sliders in the character creator.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The liver king started hanging out with awful transphobe JP Sears so, you know, gently caress him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LanceHunter posted:

The Liver King has the body of someone who let a 13 year old boy fiddle with all the custom sliders in the character creator.

looking like an oblivion character with a muscle mod fetish looking rear end

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/sequinghost/status/1782946435912061156

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

his heart is going to explode lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the goon that dreamed of bread but would not eat it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

looking like an oblivion character with a muscle mod fetish looking rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

buff ratchet as vault boy....

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
im imagining a fitness koi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVemGumEEgo
New map men!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I would like to have a tank of jelly fish but I'm too lazy to maintain an aquarium and I'm afraid of them getting mangled by an aeration pump or something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

danny gonzalez talking about the only thing that is interesting about facebook in the last decade, which is AI bots making AI art for other AI bots to respond to, which is now 95% of all content on facebook, so the site is now just nothing but complete generative slop and no human interaction anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L07VdZO4o

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Strongbad had the ab abber worked out decades ago. What's this guy doing?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

muscles like this! posted:

The liver king started hanging out with awful transphobe JP Sears so, you know, gently caress him.

Plus he treats his family awfully

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
and i was so convinced the liver king was a stand-up guy

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When people started talking about Liver King on the same page Danny Gonzalez is mentioned, I thought it's because Danny has taken the throne as the new Liver King after making videos about the guy including the reveals about his lies.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

koi are chuds

Quappen are kind of cute.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hbomberguy posted:

Infinite Review still the best to ever do it, almost cried laughing at this several times. As someone who spends most of his time desperately searching for tricks to disguise his lack of talent, seeing someone get so much good stuff out of so very little astounds me. People will study this.

The I Hate Doctor Who Podcast, hosted by Richie from this, frequently features everyone else as a guest, and is probably one of my favorite things.

Does he actually hate Doctor Who?

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't remember if it ever came up here back when this was the hot viral thing, but the guy who bought a lobster from the grocery store a couple years ago is still going at it. Leon's still alive and the periodic life updates are really mellow and sweet.

This one is from a month ago, but it's checking in on how the salt water aquarium needs to be cleaned, reviewing some other experimental tanks he set up with the smaller aquariums he used to hold the lobster in, remarking on stuff he saw on his wildlife camera, checking in on how his ~14ish rescued cats are doing, and has him do a bit of light uh rural (?) exploration of a dead amusement park he used to visit when he was a kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPHmAKCnQrI

He's also a hobby koi breeder and repairs and maintains old motorcycles. Overall interesting video-guy.

This makes me happy, I'm glad that lobster's still alive.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SkeletonHero posted:

Is it like Johnny Tsunami?

it is a western by Nicholas Ray where the first like 50 minutes take place entirely in a saloon, is melodramatic as all hell, and Johnny is like the least important character in the entire story as opposed to two women

it is sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

danny gonzalez talking about the only thing that is interesting about facebook in the last decade, which is AI bots making AI art for other AI bots to respond to, which is now 95% of all content on facebook, so the site is now just nothing but complete generative slop and no human interaction anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L07VdZO4o

You know some old guy in the 2040s gonna be nostalgic for a time when making fake photos for Facebook actually require skill in image editing software.