Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

B33rChiller posted:

Strongbad had the ab abber worked out decades ago. What's this guy doing?

An absolute shitload of anabolic steroids & HGH.

EDIT:

What a loving dogshit snipe. Here's the new Technology Connections, where he manages to not burn down his studio somehow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff04ecF9Dfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

mycatscrimes posted:

im imagining a fitness koi.

The MSJ posted:

When people started talking about Liver King on the same page Danny Gonzalez is mentioned, I thought it's because Danny has taken the throne as the new Liver King after making videos about the guy including the reveals about his lies.

You two need to stop leaving your phone on text-to-speech reading mode of this thread while you fall asleep.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LanceHunter posted:

This guy/channel is probably the perfect example of why fitness youtube is so terrible. He's genuinely an expert in the field and extremely well-informed, but his sense of humor is so extremely cringe it makes the videos difficult to watch. Like, here's one of his more tolerable videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrGsPXv_Cw

My favorite fitness channel was Bro Science because he became exactly what he'd been mocking. When I checked in on him after a couple of years and saw he was covered in awful tattoos I assumed it was some bit but no that's what he looks like now.

A lot of the science-based lifting channels are kinda bad because they exaggerate studies about the effectiveness of this or that rep range or whatever when a lot of what was deemed "bro science" will get you fit and big about as well as strict science-based regimens for pretty much everyone who isn't at a competition level.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 25, 2024

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

danny gonzalez talking about the only thing that is interesting about facebook in the last decade, which is AI bots making AI art for other AI bots to respond to, which is now 95% of all content on facebook, so the site is now just nothing but complete generative slop and no human interaction anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L07VdZO4o

We must destroy the slop machines.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i havent watched it yet but im guess he gets his research from 404 media's ongoing investigation into facebooks descent into hell lol. this is an ad for signing up for 404's newsletter

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

fun hater posted:

i havent watched it yet but im guess he gets his research from 404 media's ongoing investigation into facebooks descent into hell lol. this is an ad for signing up for 404's newsletter

Im sure there's something interesting going on there broadly with bots responding to bots, but he dunks extensively on AI art, which involved me viewing AI art, so I didnt happen to finish the video

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

fun hater posted:

I think it's mostly a "hey... seems like facebook is just AI art being replied to by bots" which is a pretty easy conclusion to reach on your own. But if 404's been doin' a deep dive on it you might be able to recognize if he talks about the same stuff

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

danny gonzalez talking about the only thing that is interesting about facebook in the last decade, which is AI bots making AI art for other AI bots to respond to, which is now 95% of all content on facebook, so the site is now just nothing but complete generative slop and no human interaction anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6L07VdZO4o

im not a big reaction content guy as it is, but he really is a more bland + less insightful Drew Gooden huh

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

My favorite fitness channel was Bro Science because he became exactly what he'd been mocking. When I checked in on him after a couple of years and saw he was covered in awful tattoos I assumed it was some bit but no that's what he looks like now.

A lot of the science-based lifting channels are kinda bad because they exaggerate studies about the effectiveness of this or that rep range or whatever when a lot of what was deemed "bro science" will get you fit and big about as well as strict science-based regimens for pretty much everyone who isn't at a competition level.

I mean, "bro science" is strictly better than nothing until it ends up getting you injured. Then it's worse.

As for Mike Tornabene, dude is a case study in how LA can break some people's brains. Especially if they start making money doing paid appearances at parties and have their personal passion projects fail. You can really see a turn in his vibes after that awful pilot for a BroScience/Dom Mazzetti tv show, and the failure of his car show GNARPM. Granted, that failure of that car show probably kept him from getting killed in an accident, given all the stupid poo poo they did there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZWqUBJehA

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

im not a big reaction content guy as it is, but he really is a more bland + less insightful Drew Gooden huh

Danny usually makes more elaborate videos with green screen skits and even outdoor locations (and multiple times where he tried to trick/confuse his viewers). I think he just dial back the work he puts into his recent videos because he has a baby now.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Danny usually makes more elaborate videos with green screen skits and even outdoor locations (and multiple times where he tried to trick/confuse his viewers). I think he just dial back the work he puts into his recent videos because he has a baby now.

ah that makes more sense. I knew he had a big following and was popular so the recent stuff my gf was watching was was surprisingly mid.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
you should absolutely reduce your artistic output to the bare minimum that still gets you paid once you got mouths to feed

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

fun hater posted:

404 is real good, agreed

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

wizard2 posted:

you should absolutely reduce your artistic output to the bare minimum that still gets you paid once you got mouths to feed

:haibrow:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Grondoth posted:

I think it's mostly a "hey... seems like facebook is just AI art being replied to by bots" which is a pretty easy conclusion to reach on your own. But if 404's been doin' a deep dive on it you might be able to recognize if he talks about the same stuff

lol my post came off critical (i want to watch the vid bc this phenomenon is weird/funny to me); im on desktop now so i can link to the weird poo poo ive seen on 404 lately for people who want more on how and why it's happening.

Facebook's Shrimp Jesus, Explained

the other one i was thinking of was actually from garbage day: The AI flight attendants of Facebook

e: lmfao a lot of it is stuff he probably found on his own bc once he looked at a few images, facebook's algorithm started serving up heaping piles of slop

fun hater fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 25, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I actually didn't know that there's barely any news on Facebook now but I barely use it anymore. Anyway I am single I need husband

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I actually didn't know that there's barely any news on Facebook now but I barely use it anymore. Anyway I am single I need husband

Social media reposts of news media reports were basically killing news outlets by starving them of advertising revenue and when several countries tried to pass legislation forcing Facebook to share their ad revenue with the news outlets they simply banned news: https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-is-giving-up-on-news-again/

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Can we do that to twitter and solve the worlds problems overnight?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I figure if any place knows this it is you lot: Adam something often uses a recorder tune for comedic effect. Sounds like a children's song and it's super catchy. Couldn't find the name anywhere though. Anyone know it?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

[double post]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fun hater posted:

lol my post came off critical (i want to watch the vid bc this phenomenon is weird/funny to me); im on desktop now so i can link to the weird poo poo ive seen on 404 lately for people who want more on how and why it's happening.

Facebook's Shrimp Jesus, Explained

the other one i was thinking of was actually from garbage day: The AI flight attendants of Facebook

e: lmfao a lot of it is stuff he probably found on his own bc once he looked at a few images, facebook's algorithm started serving up heaping piles of slop
karina of drawfee said something similar, that she saw one AI art post on facebook and then ever since, facebook's ruined her feed with nothing but completely unhinged AI bots, like Grinch snowman art

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The only bodybuilding guy I follow is Kevin Frasard. Not for health and fitness tips mind, because he's an absolutely sick Death Metal musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfY03ALki3w

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The lovely AI art thread is a good place to laugh at AI slop without ruining your algorithms

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Kim Justice posted:

The only bodybuilding guy I follow is Kevin Frasard. Not for health and fitness tips mind, because he's an absolutely sick Death Metal musician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfY03ALki3w

king

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Lord Stimperor posted:

I figure if any place knows this it is you lot: Adam something often uses a recorder tune for comedic effect. Sounds like a children's song and it's super catchy. Couldn't find the name anywhere though. Anyone know it?

Can you provide a time stamp for an example?

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Everyone: Water towers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTHvHWxfmE

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kunster posted:

Can you provide a time stamp for an example?

Oh, good idea. It's at 13:05 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtkzCKLt4w&t=785s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As always, live an honest life or else you will become the topic of a Drew Gooden video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7GU9lDpq8

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I always suspected that Adam Something was railroadsexual and now I know for sure.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

As always, live an honest life or else you will become the topic of a Drew Gooden video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7GU9lDpq8

It's funny that he talks about how Americans should all drive tanks when the M1 actually has better sight lines than modern pickups

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 26, 2024

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

When I first started getting into fitness I used to follow Buff Dudes, Omar uh..something or other, and Athlean-X. they all seem pretty okay for the most part, but I stopped following all three a long time ago ( mainly cuz I got injured and couldn't go to the gym for a while). however I did see a random buff dudes video a couple of months ago and they seemed.. fine? But like I said this was one video several months ago. hopefully they haven't gone the route of many of these other Fitness YouTubers mentioned. they seemed like pretty decent dudes overall.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Happy alien day

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

CelticPredator posted:

Happy alien day

I don't know what the equivalent of "A bat credit card?!" is for the Alien franchise but good luck to him.

Also I just watched the new Romulus trailer and it is a bold move to spend the first 20 seconds of your 90 second trailer showing footage from old Alien films

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

they didn’t show a single frame from previous alien films. That’s all from the new film

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

they didn’t show a single frame from previous alien films. That’s all from the new film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9P30D7zcVE

Yeah, sorry, this was me googling "Alien romulus trailer" and clicking some poo poo that a random channel made, I done hosed up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lol everyone keeps getting got by them. Their thumbnails are enough to tell me how fake that poo poo is

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

That's fair, I think I was just looking for "full trailer" or "main trailer" instead of "teaser trailer". I almost wouldn't mind if it was just some random person's fan made trailer but no, it's a content mill with a million subscribers and I just gave them a click.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao (weary, tired)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Runa posted:

lmao (weary, tired)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino