Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's going to be a generation of kids growing up thinking that a Stegosaurus looks like this:

:pwn:

Those look exactly like the lovely dollar store colouring books I had as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nuebot posted:

Those look exactly like the lovely dollar store colouring books I had as a kid.

Did the dinosaurs in the lovely dollar store colouring books you had as a kid have five legs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sometimes yea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i had a clearly unofficial sonic the hedgehog coloring book that referred to knuckles as 'some sort of mole'

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you don't know that he's not still working for eggman behind the scenes

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

if a dino is gonna have a fifth leg id appreciate it having been drawn with some intent and reasoning vs an arbitrary decision made by unintelligent code. kids deserve at least that much

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Phantasium posted:

you don't know that he's not still working for eggman behind the scenes

lol

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Endorph posted:

i had a clearly unofficial sonic the hedgehog coloring book that referred to knuckles as 'some sort of mole'

Honestly I'd guess mole before echidna if I didn't grow up with the games lol. Something about the claws, I guess?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Abandon AI art. Support real art. Like Sonic Toilet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVgAtZz1Kk

I didn't know this pic has a mystery attached. Also Something Awful and a goon are involved.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The MSJ posted:

Abandon AI art. Support real art. Like Sonic Toilet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVgAtZz1Kk

I didn't know this pic has a mystery attached. Also Something Awful and a goon are involved.

i am going to kick your rear end for posting this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOQk69lGq4

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The MSJ Go be furry somewhere else. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tom scott needs to come out of retirement and save this thread with a video about, idk, some village in finland that only travels back and forth via hang-gliders

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm at a zip line that kills children every day.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The 7th Guest posted:

tom scott needs to come out of retirement and save this thread with a video about, idk, some village in finland that only travels back and forth via hang-gliders

Tom Scott was working on a video about Brigadoon but due to unfortunate timing the video has been delayed for the foreseeable future.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is from a few months back but sure why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yva2RpQrWQs

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Come along with us, as we savour the flavours and the aromas of the 18th Century.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kim Justice posted:

Come along with us, as we savour the flavours and the aromas of the 18th Century.

Will there be 18th century beer?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes they showed a scene from the new Star Wars show and it was hilarious watching this matrix Esq whippy camera work clip after watching the glacial simple visuals of the phantom menace

Tpm is still boring but it has funny moments. I don’t regret seeing it with friends

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Does the jazz album Ex Machina by Steve Lehman and Orchestre National de Jazz count as AI slop?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CelticPredator posted:

Yes they showed a scene from the new Star Wars show and it was hilarious watching this matrix Esq whippy camera work clip after watching the glacial simple visuals of the phantom menace

Tpm is still boring but it has funny moments. I don’t regret seeing it with friends

So I saw the footage of The Acolyte. You know, as bad as Lucas is filming scenes with actual people in them, he at least gets creative when filming all-digital scenes like the Podrace.

The Acolyte feels like someone watched a few Kung Fu movies and painted Star Wars over it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

Oh God I remember that guy, he would not be persuaded that just making up stories or reading preexisting ones was a better way to approach storytime, and avoided any questions about whether or not the training data was properly sourced and paid for. He was doing the equivalent of running into a book store, ripping out random pages from random books and reading random sentences from them to his kids.

at least his kids are learning the important lessons here

that the world is stupid and makes no sense

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a poo poo-ton of AI-generated kids books on Amazon these days, especially AI-generated colouring books which are apparently super easy to create. There's also a huge glut of Youtube tutorials about it, eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEb9nBYeKTE
Note the hosed up anatomy on the "Trex" in the centre with the weirdly mutated arms. That video got a million views, to give everyone an idea of how popular this poo poo has become.

There's going to be a generation of kids growing up thinking that a Stegosaurus looks like this:

:pwn:

:lol: imagine the faces of those kids if they go into a real museum someday to look at fossilized skeletons of dinos and realize all those books have lied to them :allears:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Libluini posted:

at least his kids are learning the important lessons here

that the world is stupid and makes no sense

To be fair, realizing that your father can be stupid is one of the most important parts of growing up. He's just speedrunning that lesson.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nando vs. Movies focuses on the most baffling aspect of Madame Web: It's ADR. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_bsuCfYSE

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Grondoth posted:

I find that kinda unfair, honestly. I can see the criticism of it being hollow and performative, yeah. After all, it doesn't really have much of a place in a video about ternaders. But I think it adds an interesting background and starting tone to the video, because this one town is the only one that has been hit by both an F5 and EF5 tornado, and only a few years apart.
I know 'raising awareness' is empty and feels especially empty in the era of slactivism and internet 'discourse,' but having a video about tornadoes prefaced by a bit of history that brings an angle on westward expansion that people may have overlooked or never heard of is, at the least, not bad. It adds to the story, it's informative, and I don't think people tend to realize just how politically dominant the fight over slavery was in the US, down to being a big part of why we rushed west and made a bunch of states really quickly.
I suppose making the video a fundraiser would be the morally correct thing to do, but I have a hard time getting mad at that failing in the whole spectrum of moral failings to have. Producing a short documentary on a terrifying weather event that happened to your town and taking the time to set up a history of it that is very clear in pointing out the actors and the motivations behind their actions isn't a bold and righteous thing to do, but it it shows an understanding of the topics that are better than "geez why can't we stop talking about race guys"

i respect your optimism but what im looking at from my end is a guy who learned to talk the talk because its financially useful for him to pretend to have a soul. to me its a pattern of ongoing behaviors that immediately allow me to write him off as someone with 0 interest in other people and sole interest in lining his pockets

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arc Hammer posted:

So I saw the footage of The Acolyte. You know, as bad as Lucas is filming scenes with actual people in them, he at least gets creative when filming all-digital scenes like the Podrace.

The Acolyte feels like someone watched a few Kung Fu movies and painted Star Wars over it.

Yeah. It was jarring and it looks kinda bad. Trinity using comms to say “We have a unnamed force user” was hilarious to me

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Another good one from LEMMiNO (his last one on the JFK assassination got a bunch of discussion here iirc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVpsLMCIB0Y

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Angryhead posted:

Another good one from LEMMiNO (his last one on the JFK assassination got a bunch of discussion here iirc)

There's a very strong connection here between the artist and anyone who's ever been a dm. You'll feel it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angryhead posted:

I'll just wait for a reaction channel to watch it instead.

(actually watched it this morning, pretty interesting.)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Grondoth posted:

There's a very strong connection here between the artist and anyone who's ever been a dm. You'll feel it

Especially when we to to the whole "that's not how you were supposed to do that" section.

It's like creating a complex battle encounter at a castle that you expect your players to fight or sneak through and they just go "I can jump over the wall".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Being a DM is basically that Buddhist practice of creating a beautiful work of art for the express purpose of smashing it on the ground when you are done.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Being a DM is basically that Buddhist practice of creating a beautiful work of art for the express purpose of smashing it on the ground when you are done.

The worst part is that you get to like it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
In my campaign just yesterday my players had a huge boss fight against the mayor and seven enemy stand users that was going to take up most of the session. Instead it got resolved in about five minutes by a couple really good ideas and good card draws and the rest of the session wound up being about one of my player's fraying relationships with her characters' girlfriend.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Miniminuteman is premiering a 2hr video debunking some TikTok conspiracy dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqm6McJYbWE

Edit: big section on AI art, lol lol

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 5, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile, in Mongolia...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA31gtfDTfI

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Crain posted:

Especially when we to to the whole "that's not how you were supposed to do that" section.

It's like creating a complex battle encounter at a castle that you expect your players to fight or sneak through and they just go "I can jump over the wall".

I... drilled... I drilled morse code into the...

You didn't even LOOK at-

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey guys, audiophile drama! Sort of. But it discusses one of the many reasons audiophiles are dumb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjNW6bPTZBE

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 6, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Crain posted:

or creating an escape room and watching as the dumbest humans alive enter as a group

disclaimer: i am not an escape room creator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Drunk escape room participants are as destructive in real life as player characters are in fictional scenarios.