Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hello new thread! There's a LOT of cool looking recommendations. I have some subscribing to do.

7th place is a bit of a shame, being just out of the European places. Still, we go again and I'm sure that procrastination will take me even higher this time around.

I wanna stick a lil' list of my own in but YT seems very well covered. How do folks feel about some Twitch recommendations - is that good for the thread? That's a lot of what I look at now as I'm pretty much half video creator and half streamer. No obvious poo poo, all good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

BigMoist = Cr1tikal

Big props to Hbomb there, in with AOC, Ilhan and all these big Twitch dogs. And it wouldn't have happened if not for Donkey Kong 64!

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

We felt sorry for Mara Wilson over the possibility of her having to share a thanksgiving table with Ben Shapiro, but we didn't fully grasp the potential horror until Abby came along like an unwelcome lump.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Beautifully made video as usual but I kinda wanna see a naked Matty Matheson running in the streets shouting "VOTE!" to people instead.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The tweet essay from some bluetick about how Xi Jinping should watch Hamilton is one of the funniest I've seen all year tbh

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Man I have to ask but is Guru Larry turning into a chud?

The last video I watched from him was about characters having their names changed for "stupid" reasons and one of the examples he cites is a character renamed for the west because the name was insulting to Native Americans the character was named Brave Heart. ) He doesn't really harp on it too much but it stood out more that he didn't elaborate at all.

Surprisingly his video about three times journalism lied about videogames wasn't that way though as it was three Jack Thompson type scandals.

I'm still leaning no but that was a heck of a slipup.

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha

...Sorry, I didn't think this would come up lol

Anyhoo, short answer: No, definitely not. I mean I guess I'm biased as he's a friend and frequent collaborator and all that but Larry isn't a chud at all. He doesn't have much at all in the way of big political opinions really.

The more detailed answer is that in that specific video, which is a collab between Larry and DJ Slope, there was at one point a fair bit more of an explanation going into said name change in Crystal Castles...however, a few days ago there was a bit of an audio problem, in that the music used for half of that section landed DJ Slope with a copyright strike on his channel. Larry's solution (understandably) was to go into the YouTube Editor and cut out the whole bit with said music in it. So unfortunately the segment in said video as it is now is kinda incomplete and it just stops after revealing the name change. I didn't see it before then so I dunno about the content that's not there anymore.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Nah that was totally fine words that I saw, fleetingly. We've talked about it a bit. Not to go into detail but he's in much more of a better place now than he was a few years ago.

What's probably worth mentioning too is that Larry's channel is in many ways quite a collaborative effort and there's more than just himself working on the scripts/editing. Not that he really pretends otherwise tbh, he'll always say if asked.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kunster posted:

Can I still make fun of this particular segment of the Beanie Babies video?

*Joe Biden voice* Come On Man, at least ADD some pics of Beanies on this sentence you're saying. Jeez!

hahaha

I mean, it's kinda my fault in that I should have done the appropriate editing on my own script before Larry voiced it. It's all a bit of an odd situation that one, as I do occasionally get people showing Larry's vid to me saying that he's flagrantly ripped my Beanie Babies vid off! (the simplest solution would have been to put my vid on his channel of course, but Larry had had quite a few nasty comments over doing that with other vids at the time, so we kind of ended up with this meet in the middle-type thing. All works out fine in the end.)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Probably fine to just skip those bits at least!

It's kind of a done thing I guess. Like no one in their right mind would ever make their own puff pastry but you'd probably have people complaining if you didn't do it every so often. Even though they aren't going to loving do it either because it's hard, messy, takes tons of time and is utterly pointless.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Cooking content has always been very aspirational in nature, more than educational. Wouldn't it be great to have enough time to just idle away the hours in the kitchen, making your own pasta, bread, pastry, pie crusts, pizza bases or whatever? To spend hours and hours lovingly making something from scratch? Possibly with a lovinglty cut bit of meat you chose from the local butcher down the cobblestone road that's seemingly always draped in sunlight?

Of course in reality no-one actually has that time so they'll have to make some substitutes. I think generally he's good with that. Definitely better than some. Again, people really get antsy when you DON'T do all these things. I remember when Delia Smith, who is as legendary a name in UK TV cookery as it gets, made a series a while back where she *shock* used ingredients that came out of tins and were even *gasp* ready-made. People were loving RAGING.

(obligatory semi-related funny content)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74QdmDtMK1Y

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Something nice here. Turns out that UK musical legends Toyah Wilcox and Robert Fripp have one of the sweetest and most pleasant channels on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5PkavhRSA

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

When I first saw Matty Matheson on Munchies I had quite a visceral dislike of him, like OH GOD he's trying too hard and all that poo poo. Then I actually watched his vids and now I absolutely freaking love the guy.

Food don't half look amazing either.

MICHEEEEELLLLLLLLEEEE!!!!!!

EDIT: More content. This isn't new and I think Adam Neely has already been posted in the thread? But I watched his video on "the Worst Jazz Solo Ever" today and it was excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuK_5zW2iM

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 1, 2020

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I wonder how the loose Breadtube group or whatever secretly feels when one of them drops a nuke-level hot take on Twitter about revolutions that ratios not only himself but everyone else and essentially ruins everyone's god drat weekend?

(This is basically a tweet on here instead of Twitter because people who follow me would largely not get it)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

As frustrating and blinkered as comments like Dan's are I feel awful for causing this derail. Sorry folks.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Did I spot you on the Limmy stream this morning?

I'm watching him now so yes

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Funny that we've kinda gone from World Cham,pion vs A FREAKING SUPERCOMPUTER to more laid back GM's (inc. occasionally the current world champ) gooofing online and actually making Chess big on Twitch. It doesn't seem quite as intimidating and stuffy nowadays.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I've followed Gita Jackson on Twitter for years and in that time she has to have been one of the most leftie people I've followed. Unlike the other topic of conversation here, she has also created things of actual worth. But hey, leave it to Peter to pull something entirely out of their arse and accuse her essentially of believing in nothing, getting in with THE BREADTUBE ELITE and playing the race card in order to better her position (and just for a cherry on top, that being the main reason why she was in a relationship with Hbomb). What a truly disgusting and horrible person they are.

I suppose it's easier to pull these lies out and accuse someone of things that you do as opposed to realising that people don't accept you because they see you for what you are and despise you for it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Sorry to keep on but...

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1326205269978861571

Coffin made a show of blocking every major "BREADTUBE L33T" account on Twitter. Now they appear to be 1: complaining that they noticed they were blocked and 2: Saying that there's some sort of groupchat conspiracy when they all seemingly coordinate their "PETER BLOCKED ME" replies. It couldn't possibly be more to do with following each other or anything like that, no sirree. They had to have been scheming away in double-quick time! Joel posts at 3PM, Shaun at 3:10, Harry at 3:15 -- all in an attempt to put a black eye on ol' Peter again.

It's kinda funny. We start with implying that someone's slept their way to high profile positions, and now we're moving on to private WhatsApp groups or whatever. I'm loathe to say the dreaded word, but is Peter going through the GamerGater playbook? It's like we've moved from "Five Guys" directly to "GameJournosPro". And everyone coordinating their responses to Peter blocking them, just like those drat journalists all posted those "Gamers are over" articles one after the other.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

MovieBob noticing he's not following Lindsay Ellis and convincing himself every time that it must be a Twitter glitch

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

Quinton Reviews reminds me of a worse version of the F-Plus' Frank West

e: kim get in here and explain how you actually play that PS1 AJW game i've tried multiple times and just can't work it out i just get my rear end kicked every time

You wanna strike your opponent and stun them before you try and do any grapples. Do running strikes too!

There's also a more detailed guide on good old GameFAQs. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/196584-all-japan-woman-pro-wrestling/faqs/11031

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's great that hiding in my room's moved to political takes, I've always wanted to hear the opinions of someone who's posted 2,000 videos about how their life is a complete mess

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Can we not continue this derail for heaven's sake, it's not even like she has a new video out or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhTkX3e-U0

New Sohla-based content is here

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's 2020 and Anita Sarkeesian talking about boob armor is worthy of note for some reason

Olly has some serious Alan Partridge energy with that Trump tweet.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Impermanent posted:

i have no idea if alan partridge is supposed to be good or bad based on what you're saying

Alan Partridge is great but the humour/character is based on him being the cringiest person possible. To do an Alan Partridge is not necessarily good.

(I am amazed frankly that a Trump transition joke was not made sooner)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The Welsh also call cheese on toast "rabbit"

(Ok, rarebit. Close enough. Still baffling)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Rose of Dawn. The British Blaire White. How lovely.

And hey, Chris Bores spouting poo poo as usual.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Specifically Count Dankula is the guy who taught his dog the Nazi salute and has stood for UKIP (same time Sargon did).

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Yeah, as much as he's been a sour old git for a while this one hurts. Like...for gently caress's sake. This is an ex-Python, this is Basil bloody Fawlty and he's had a big impact on my humour, character and now he's this absolute twat on Twitter. What a shame.

I guess this is the same betrayal queer/trans HP fans felt.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The point is to say gently caress, poo poo and wank

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Annointed posted:

This question has been on my mind for months now, and so far googling hasn't giving me much in terms of updates. It is not Zack Snyder/Boogie/Spoony discourse.

Has there been anything recent about the Angry Joe accusations? I can't seem to find anything other than the accusation and the legal speak Angry Joe posted about his version of events. I'd like to know more but so far it seems to be walled off by months of nothing. I browsed the threads often but I didn't see anything like ex Channel Awesome workers talking about it or anything. Even checking the precursory twitter of the accuser doesn't give me anything. So did it all just, not go anywhere?

Don't believe it went anywhere at all. Doesn't look like it will either, I'm not sure where else it could go.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

TBH with all the sponsors and so on I imagine he paid for precisely jack poo poo.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

lobster22221 posted:

Is there a youtube channel, but its just elaborate rube goldberg machines? Preferably without dead children.

Just search "Dominoes", there's probably something there.

Or watch a longplay of The Incredible Machine, I guess.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

A different bluetick to mock:

https://twitter.com/Casey/status/1333194058374602752

Man who makes fortune off the Internet thinks that actually its all bullshit and fighting in WW1 and 2 would be way better.

This is how out of touch with reality some big YouTubers are.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I mean, the guy's videos are completely benign and inoffensive. They're not exactly worth watching unless you want to see a really rich dude go about on booster boards, use drones to the point of them becoming a meme and review first class flights but obviously a lot of people do want to see that.

He's made a tweet thread saying that what he *meant* was closer to "what time in history is the most interesting to you" which...er, hey-ho I guess -- I mean, that's a better way of looking at it but it's not all that clear. I wish to god that these blueticks would just take the L and accept the roasting from time to time -- just actually say that you made a cock up, for crying out loud. I'm not about to actively dislike Casey Neistat for being today's dumb comment Internet Person and I doubt too many others are because he's hardly insidious or toxic or much at all.

Lots of gammon now milling about in the replies hoping for him to say something about all this cancel culture or offended snowflakes or whatever, it's embarrassing. He's not cancelled, no one is cancelling him. He just said something dumb on the Internet.

EDIT: Jimbot -- has anyone told you your avatar is somewhat transfixing? Good job.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 30, 2020

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I find Jordan Owen a bit of a sad case. Guys actually got a not inconsiderable chunk of musical talent. Shame he didn't focua on that instead of 3636756 videos about Anita Sarkeesian and a complete failure of a documentary.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I don't seem to see much of 9 V O L T on Twitter even though I follow them and they aren't muted or anything. I know he's fallen foul of GG/KF types and has had a good bunch of running battles there but that's kind of about it.

Chalk up another hugely insightful reply for the Kimster.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

This all created a really huge mess when it got brought up here a while back when other ex-CA'ers were still posting.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea this was the awesome 'wow I'm not allowed to call the woman a liar because she's a minority' thing we just kinda pretended didn't happen.

It wasn't a pleasant chapter of the thread. TBH I thought it could have ended the thread outright if it had become a full scale derail. A very "what the gently caress" moment.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Um...wait, what? I swear this is someone I've seen RT'd on my timeline by people previously. Like, ok people. And here they're defending THAT?

What's the deal here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Which take is worse: Being mad at Patrick Klepek for following the basic tasks of his job, or calling Mia Mulder bougie for complaining about being woken up by jackhammers in the morning?