Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
cybershell owns and i'm happy he's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Archer666 posted:

Every time I hear Game Grumps I'm reminded of this tweet

https://twitter.com/egoraptor/status/35062498239451136?lang=en

I’m reminded of when he was funny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Didn’t Anita defend the cards against humanity guy lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

hey!! SA poster reading this thread!!! do NOT start arguing about zack snyder movies. gently caress you

Can you just chill for 2 seconds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

Every time I start thinking people who defend snyder films in this thread have a point and I shouldn't be so hard on his films they make the mistake of posting something he said in an interview and no actually he's trash.

Love being told that I should be happy that the 300 has acres of bare man flesh I should drool at adoringly instead of questioning why any overt homosexuality was stripped out of the story.

Ok guy with McElroy brother av

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

I thought it was just their mods?

Yes it was. Here’s pokimane’s response:

https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1332806237075849216?s=21

https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1332806293061390336?s=21

https://twitter.com/pokimanelol/status/1332808942003503106?s=21

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Considering al the roomate, emotional, and relationship crises that OfflineTV's been having this year I kinda feel like just ducking out of this stuff and letting them sort it out since I wasn't a long time fan or anything. Like, the Fedmyster thing and the recently released DMs.

Yeah it’s incredibly messy but the people continuing to make this an even bigger than what it already is really don’t want to move on from it. People love drama even if it’s at the cost of actual human relationships and dirty laundry being aired out for the entire internet. That goon didn’t hesitate to call pokimane was a terf and I can assure you they didn’t take the 5 minutes to search why on twitter.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m pretty sure most of the otv people if not all are actually all cool with Fed again it’s just that yeah they won’t ever work together like that anymore or live together. At least from the pokimane explanation stream as well as lilypichu’s stream as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Eh, don't care for this take. You get out of communities what you put into them. If your hope is to just set up a Discord and then forget about it, yeah of course it'll go to poo poo. Online communities need effective and engaged moderation to function.

100%

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

Oh okay lol, just worried because it seems like every other day someones trying to cancel the MceIlroys over something or other. There aren't 2000 new posts in the other worst thread on these forums so looks like I'm safe to continue using my awful travis avatar for now (if it does happen Travis is deffo the one who gets them cancelled lol).

Still a weird line of attack, like they're kinda known for having a pretty big queer fanbase I thought?

If you’re gonna be cancelled for something it’s for how big of a dweeb you are man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

TIL Milo Yiannopoulos and Andy Milonakis are different people :psypop:

What? How

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

thought slime is cool and good actually and insulting his appearance is bad praxis

read the tweet again and tell me that poo poo rules right now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

This'll be wild considering I posted my Steam screenshot where I have almost 200 hours played - I've never used mods.

My two problems were ignoring those factions (Kings being the best) and not mentioning the best vault - the Lottery one.

You’re insane

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Katt posted:

For all the poo poo people give Fallout 3. It boosted that franchise into heights no one could have dreamed of. And Fallout 3 was mindblowingly novel when it came out.

Not really, I would say Oblivion was much more novel than Fallout 3.

8one6 posted:

No no no, you're not allowed to acknowledge anything positive about Fallout 3. It only exists to be held up against god's most perfect games Fallout 1 and New Vegas.

But yeah, without Bethesda there might have been a Kickstarter isometric Fallout 3 made at some point that ten thousand whole people might have played.

I guess dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

The player character in FO4 being a pre-war person is dumb. It's just all the other stuff is much dumber.

This was the worst

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

And this is why we can indirectly thank Todd Howard for something good happening for once.

I'm good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CYBEReris posted:

launch overwatch had some "just loving around" tf2 energy that seemed to dissipate really quickly around all modes when ranked was added, it was kinda sad to experience

It really was. The direction they took with their balancing (lmao) also ruined that energy too. I would love to play launch overwatch again

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dias posted:

OW was pretty fun for a while, but attack/defense was always a bit miserable as a casual player. Then comps just got tankier and tankier for a while.

Once Brigitte was added, the game literally died. Don’t think people even picked DPS heroes for a long time cuz they didn’t have to. Now role queue is forced on everyone since blizzard gave up on balancing the game correctly

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Is it fair to say that Overwatch was made with pro level play in mind first?

Because that can describe a lot of my major problems with the game.

Now that I think about it, TF2 had a level of chaos to its game play that is lacking from Overwatch. Overwatch just feels more sterilized somehow.

Errant Signal put it best. TF2 was more of a hangout game you can dip in and out of. Overwatch requires you have a group ready to go, otherwise your playing with randos and everything that entails.

My point is adding player rankings that can go up and down based on your w/l record was a massive, massive mistake.

As a guy that actually covered overwatch esports for his job for a few years, LMAO NO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aK-EK5V2k&t=152s

Sideways loses his mind for an hour trying to understand what the hell Tom Hooper was thinking with his adaptation of Cats.

This movie really didn’t deserve like any of the video essays done on it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bakeneko posted:

Well there was no way I was going to spend six hours watching the whole thing, but I skipped around trying to see if I could figure out the overall tone of it, and the main impression I got was about how offputting this guy’s delivery was.

I’m not even sure I can properly describe it. It’s like a comedian doing an impression of someone who’s just drank twelve cups of coffee in a row. He’s speaking weirdly fast and sometimes putting on a stammering, jittery affect, but it’s just so obviously fake that I can’t even tell if I’m supposed to take it seriously.

You know you don't have to watch it one sitting right

E: you know hes being serious right.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Imagine thinking Tim Rogers, aka mr 108, was trolling or doing "a bit"

wouldnt be me

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/108/status/1345073260510244867

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Impermanent posted:

I think they should make the videos longer

should be 10 hours long imo

Hattie Masters posted:

I'm actually going to complain about this.

If it's six one hour videos, upload it as such. I'm not talking about because of monetisation, or that kinda thing, but because it effects how people are going to want to watch it.

There's no way in hell I'm clicking on a six hour video, even if I'm not meant to watch it in one sitting, especially since the only way I'm getting the information that it isn't designed to be watched that way is from the creator's twitter.

Make it six hour-long videos, put them in a playlist, bam you're done. Maybe this is just me being dyspraxic as gently caress but presenting it as a single video, to me, says "This is one continuative narrative that should be watched in full." Like a book that has chapters has clear delineation, if this is treated by the creator as multiple videoes it should be conveyed to the viewer as the same.

The video has chapters and you can pause and come back to it at any time. Youtube will remember where you left off. don't know why its a problem

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

LeafyOrb posted:

I do hope more people are starting to make use of chapters on YouTube, it’s been the best addition they’ve made in eons and makes a lot of videos way more watchable.

Yes! Its been the best thing ever

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sydin posted:

The Youtube video chapters feature is so good I am convinced Google is going to depreciate it within a year with zero explanation despite tons of community pushback.

why would you say this out loud! drat youuuuu

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Starting the 2nd hour of the tokimeki memorial video now. Video still good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sarcopenia posted:

I'm a dumbass who just skimmed, saw the tittle and got a little too disappointed.

dude it was the first sentence lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sarcopenia posted:

It was actually in the second sentence which I didn't read. :smuggo:

maybe you should learn how to read

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sarcopenia posted:

Unnecessarily hostile buddy but okay :(

drat real talk, I'm very sorry didn't mean to come off that aggro.

I got to the LP part of the Tokimeki video, and drat I really want to play this game. Its a shame it was never translated. Its a huge sprawling game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Srice posted:

I'm really hoping that with the video making the rounds it'll convince some fan translator out there to take a stab at it. I remember the attempt at a translation patch way back in the day that sadly fizzled out, but rom hacking is so much easier today by comparison that hopefully it'd be less of an issue.

Man that would be one hell of a project to take on. Seems like an enourmous amount of text you would have to translate. At least the Snatcher script was translated before slowbeef got the ball rolling on the translation patch.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It is really interesting seeing how even a fairly early dating simulator game had so much thought put into the personality quirks of a huge roster of dateable characters, with events and personality traits you might not even see unless a date goes bad, and effectively wild encounter rates for some of the girl characters.

Yes! Theres just so much stuff in the game. Even the facial animation stuff is wild for the time too.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I've played dota with Mike before. He's very chill and just wants to chill and play video games. My friend keeps in contact with him sometimes, hes doing ok.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alaois posted:

okay i didn't watch that Quinton Reviews video but how the gently caress do you butcher the name "Gutierrez" that bad

Dude I was about to say the same loving thing. holy gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

My wife's maiden name is Gutierrez and according to her white people would gently caress it up all the time.

I mean of course white people gently caress up the name. White people gently caress up my name all the time too lmfao (even when its typed on the email they will misspell it constantly lol)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lobster22221 posted:

day 9 also seems to be a decent guy in general. He used to play a lot of sc2, but moved to dota.

He plays dota but I would say he moved more towards card games like hearthstone and magic. I always did like his passion when he entered the dota scene and hosted that one year. It was at odds with the community but I thought he did a good job.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lobster22221 posted:

Confession: I've mostly been watching a few replays with day 9 and purge, and purge is absolutely dota focused. While I'm plugging dota streamers, he actually is good at the game to the point where he is really great at explaining it to beginners, and knows the game well enough to give detailed analysis(to the point of 9 hour patch videos). Interestingly he is one of those rare streamers that have more of a low energy chill vibe, so you don't hear him screaming.

Yeah purge owns

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

making this video after the events of last week and especially how mid/poo poo this whole thing was is just lame lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm not saying do a video on politics. I'm saying this could've been an easy skippable thing and just not make a video. But whatever I guess doesn't really matter its just nitpicking.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Being a channel that covers politics at all must be...difficult for the past week four years.

For streamers like Hasan Piker its been amazing for his channel growth on Twitch. He's been putting work on the youtube with the editors he hired as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I'm living with my girlfriend and she was flummoxed by the tin opener I have. Growing up they had an electric one and she stared at my old-rear end manual one and was like what the gently caress do I do with this? It kind of attaches at the side and not on top like some do and she just sort of blanked until I showed her.

Bean guy made an obnoxious tweet and then got surprised that people responded to it. It's a particularly insufferable sub-genre of Tweeting where someone says something they know will set some people off and then act surprised when it happens.

Like, this is a mild example of it, but it seems designed to get a specific response

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1348897002885668870?s=19

lmfao thats bait but god what a bad take. Just conveniently forgetting Sex and the City 2 movie