Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Since we're doing the listicles I'll put in a pitch for creators I enjoy but never mention. And apparently I post a lot for someone who basically never recommends anything.

Media
MovieBitches does fun run downs of old classic or not-so-classic movies, as well as an exhaustive amount of Drag Race content

What's So Great About That? is more of what I think of as this thread's bread-and-butter video essay around media and art, but I like the presentation a lot and, as the name suggest, it tends towards trying to find positives.

Captain Disillusion isn't one I think people are unaware of, but he's worth mentioning because his content is just that good.

DaThings is just good old-school poop content.

Ryxn is just good new-school poop content.

Games
Indeimaus I mentioned in the final days of the last thread, but I enjoy his playthroughs of games because I feel like he does a good job of getting across the entire game in a relatively quick format while also leaving enough of the game out that you'd still enjoy playing it yourself.

Alpha Beta Gamer previews a lot of low-budget and experimental games, often with a focus on horror.

Juno Birch is simply the best Sims player on youtube.

Stuff
Crime Pays But Botany Doesn't is a, let's say, specific style of nature walkabout that I've followed for a while but was particularly comforting during my lockdown in an inner-city apartment.

Alliterative does videos on what they refer to as "surprising etymological connections" but at the end of the video it zooms out to show you all the topics covered and you realise it's a conspiracy board of trivia derails that's gone from colours to chocolate to dogs to beowulf to roman legions.

Cracking the Cryptic is literally just having a sudoku puzzle narrated to you.

Youth Decay posted:

emilia fart (?????????????)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgeyCSigD2EEv_D5evBRBWQ
An internet enigma. Nobody is quite sure whether she is a character or real, but whatever she is I'm glad she exists.
she's 100% real, especially if she's a character. icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he has a loving garbage theme song though

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Obviously should have been Reagan.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

*Onion Kelly voice* Contrabanned.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLBg4wrv48

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

(did anyone see Bloodshot and actually remember a single moment of that movie 5 minutes after it was over?)
yeah i was actually thinking about the scene of him sneaking in to kill the final technician just earlier today while i was playing watch_dogs2

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

today marks the nadir of my support for the snyder cut.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

is that a sequel to disney's the black hole

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i'll believe you're sorry for posting it when you monetise a fifty minute youtube apology. until then get this flimbobby tweetery out of here.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oh that's a perfect segue into me posting this craft video with threatening aura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01WzbuO7_ms

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Come and tweet the violence inherent in the system

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

ty for your important tweet documentation.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

no matter how necessary violence is it should not be pursued with a desire for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

would you like me to time warp you to revolutionary haiti so you can tell them this, i'm sure they would find it a very valuable opinion
yeah go for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

It may have bad actual consequences, but it's stupid to try to shame people for wanting a visceral comeuppance for the people killing them.
i do agree with that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Dire Lemming posted:

It's also worded straight out of the conservative deniable plausibility handbook. If you don't believe me try the phrases "Muslim terrorists" or "Mexican criminals" instead, they're technically specific but you know what's being said when the usual suspects say it. It's not just bigots who would react negatively, it's literally anyone who feels defensive about the topic which considering it's anime-adjacent is a lot of people. It's certainly not intentional but it is poorly worded which has been pointed out is a theme with left twitter.
western bigots drawn to japanese vtuber fandoms because of, rather than in spite of, their lack of understanding of the language. functions similarly for them as muslim terrorists existing but not talking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Why is the thread for funny YouTube people talking about movies and TV shows that are cool or suck and make funny beep boop jokes about video games always a hotbed for depressing, violent stupidity?
capitalism

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

but trump already has the golden throne 🚽

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He did say (and later recant) that women weren't good chess players "by nature" - a sentiment expressed by many (male) chess grandmasters, often in harsher words - but I don't think he ever outright refused to play women (he has been beaten by at least one). He also sold a championship to financially support Armenian refugees and has spent the last two decades organising for Russian democratic freedoms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

by independent they mean not part of the mainstream media, and by mainstream media they mean the one that reports things they don't like. and by reform they mean the republican bill to remove immunities from platforms unless they swear to the ftc that they will stop discriminating against political beliefs by kicking people off their platform for things like hate speech and intimidation.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i thought it was the guy who took over making acoustic surfer lullabies from ben harper.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i don't know why everyone goes to the asian girlfriend story when he literally kicked himself in the balls on an internationally syndicated tv show.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

peter the explanation for why everyone seemed to post about being blocked at the same time is because you blocked all of the people checking your twitter for ongoing hilarity at the same time. you are the groupchat. you coordinated it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

Is youtube broken for anyone else?
haha yeah content creators 😂🤣

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i can't believe he's already deleted his followup passive aggressive moan about how someone he was in a picture with six years ago isn't his internet friend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Benne posted:

Yeah Bob is 100% a Democrat, he just takes the DNC's casual indifference for the working class to its logical conclusion
indifference? he actively hates the working class for preventing jet packs being invented.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

but that was the one thing that made it better than a real woman

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

alan partridge is funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I feel like people have a problem distinguishing between diagnosis of the problems with our horrible culture and condemnation of specific tv shows or movies. Saying that it's silly that you have to give boobs to female mandalorians in order to signal that they're women isn't saying that the show itself is stupid or bad, necessarily. It's like how Ms. Pacman can still be the best Pacman game but also not a triumph for feminism just because they put a bow on Pacman's head to make a pac lady.
She also had eyelashes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i just feel like if the first twenty minutes of your four-hour essay are mostly "these particular persons are wrong" rather than "this is the film's intent" then you're clearly not approaching the material from a purely informational perspective.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

the mid 2000s were a dire time
we're back once again at adding lyrics to video game music that already has lyrics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Macaluso posted:

John Cleese is currently showing his whole rear end on Twitter dot come at this moment (well this morning)

https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1330487159351091201
yes, that's something that doesn't affect you at all and is therefore irrational to fear, the definition of a phobia

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

if there's two things i'm into it's cultural detritus and bold personal statements, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItfbFvduh4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLByfTCTKw

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

The Killing Joke had an implication of sexual violence but nothing explicit on panel.
the multiple pages of a naked man in a dog collar being tased and forced to crawl on all fours by midgets didn't do anything for you?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i think the fights are there because it's a summer blockbuster about fancydress vigilantes.

imo it's far more interesting how he transforms ozymandias' plan to unite the planet against an external threat by committing a false flag alien 9/11 to instead be having an american superweapon created by america and used as a weapon of war and nuclear deterrent against the rest of the world detonate in an american city and then step 3: world peace enforced by the ominous spectre of the american ubermensch as god.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

McCloud posted:

300, at face value is certainly a film with issues, but people usually forget that it's all a story being narrated by a an unreliable narrator. It's also a hoot that everyone seems to overlook his animated film, which is all about how war sucks and how fascism preys on the weak and is a corrosive and terrible ideology in their screed to paint him as some sort of fascist objectivist.
300 is also a fairly faithful (from my memory) adaptation of a comic book written by the author of robocop 3, a man who's brain was so scrambled by 9/11 he tried to get dc to allow him to release a comic book where batman does nothing but brutalise muslims.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

also everyone was named biggus dickus.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you can't genocide the french, they produce thirty percent of the world's decent electronica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

one of my favourite channels got blown up yesterday so i'm going to use kim's single use of the word musical to advertise its reformation

tony posts a variety of old electronica, european music i wouldn't otherwise see, and mash-ups of movies and music.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OurSoundsAreElectrik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz_ar_cqMnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjYWi_6OXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwaawF07o4