Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I would highly recommend reading Jon Bois’s speculative fiction series on the future of football in America (17776 and now 20020). I’m not good at descriptions, but it’s amazing and narrated by 3 nigh-omniscient satellites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Honestly, food is a minor miracle in of itself. The amount of food science all of humankind has accumulated and shared is an incredible thing to think about. Just think about the ingredients of a cake: where the come from, how they're processed, how it's all prepared and cooked. Some of those ingredients are continents apart and it took generations of people "well, what if I took this plant, distilled it down to a coarse sand-like form, then took another plant ground it down to a fine powder, combined it with the milk from a cow, eggs from a chicken then baked it at this temperature for a this amount of time."

The economy of scale is ridiculous with food as well. Reminds me of the guy who took 6 months and $1,500 to make a basic chicken sandwich from scratch.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I told myself I wouldn’t play another video game until I could beat Halo 2’s campaign on legendary.

It’s been 17 years. drat jackal snipers.