Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Captain Invictus posted:

hell fuckin yeah, noclip video on bugsnax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtRCO7_hU7M&hd=1

bugsnax is fantastic and I hope it has similar success to hades as soon as it's out of the epic prison on pc

I imagine its done pretty well on PS4/PS5 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I could see that being a possibility. Also makes me fear that this could become a common tactic since that's exactly what happened with Dan. The last big allegation was faked but there were actual people mistreated by him.

The online version of Crying Wolf.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah, in this case I think the problem is YouTube as a platform turning any interaction into an endless stream of abuse.

Not that him dismissing valid criticism is a good look.

Well he is 19 years old so not someone you'd expect to be all knowing to things.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lulu is a dumbass scammer who deserved to be run out of town, there's allegations that go back years and years.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The One Piece will be revealed to be literal, as in a single piece of gold, Roger spent the rest and laughed his rear end off at the thought of thousands of pirates dying to get their hands on it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm fairly sure there's memes about people who will watch an entire netflix series at once but scream in horror at a youtube video of the same length.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Totally Not Mark constantly gets slapped by Toei with his Dragonball/One Piece videos, you really have to watch them the moment they go live as the copyright claim ghost will already be coming for it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm waiting for the Final Fantasy Isekai to come out so I can kill Chaos.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

fun hater posted:

the "think of the children!" angle on gacha poo poo is really strange and seems to completely disconnect from the reality in which adults are dropping enormous sums of cash on jpgs because of sex, not gambling, reasons.

referring to it as gambling, while correct, also feels a little weird to me because i grew up around gambling where the goal was to make your money back or better (material gains) instead of "i hope i get the good jpg this time" (you can only jack off to it). where was this pearl clutching with the slot games in pokemon or anything featuring poker lol. maybe it happened and i missed it bc i was too young

this all seems like a problem that could be solved by a child not having access to a credit card

e: before anyone mistakes what im saying: i dont think these systems are good but i think we are pointing the finger at the wrong people with regards to who is responsible for their behavior. no one forces you to roll the dice or to buy/play the game with the bad systems. simply dont do it

Ah, I love stupid takes on video game addiction issues when people have spent years and years explaining how and why games companies can wring money out of people, they literally hire psychologists to figure out new and exciting ways to get children and vulnerable people to spend money.

If you can say "well just don't buy anything" then CONGRATULATIONS you are not the target.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini posted:

If it turns out Twitch has lied to their streamers and stolen tons of money, will there be any repercussions, e.g. a shitton of lawsuits, Twitch getting shuttered, etc.?

Considering Amazon owns them I feel pretty confident in saying no.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

I'm amazed there were still so many of those people still hanging around. That poo poo hasn't been tolerated for YEARS here.

If you had a look at their post histories you would see that most of them hadn't made a single post since 2005 or so, it was the oldest of the old guard crawling back over.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tiriganiaq posted:

Bobbin did spend the entire Bioshock Infinite lp talking about the benefits of centrism, which really weirded me out. But that was years ago, before trump and stuff.

To be fair, Bioshock Infinite itself was in love with centrism.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Might have to go back to it at some point, I want very political back then, but still thought it was a bit sus that the Vox Populi had that sudden heel turn when things start going their way, which I assume is the most emblematic of the games argument for centerism.

Booker remarks that Daisy and Comstock aren't so different, and not long after this the Vox devolve into a band of murderous killers who roam the streets shooting everyone they see on sight.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

Thinking that no one gets paid on reality tv because only certain cast members contestants win prizes is how a child would understand a television production. These shows usually have just as many below-the-line crew as any scripted series. Plenty of my friends who work in production have their ability to pay rent directly connected to whether certain reality shows end up getting new seasons.

But please, go on and defend the millionaire streamers who are your close parasocial friends. If they really wanted to rebroadcast content they didn’t make, they could pay for the rights to do so.

EDIT:

I think this point needs to be emphasized: This isn’t a case of a group of friends watching a movie together on discord or something. This is a performer, at their job, who is making money by showing someone else’s content.

You make an excellent argument against video game streaming too, so if your intention is to end all streaming then congratulations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Andrast posted:

Video game streaming only exists because the companies think it is good advertising, they could stop it any time they wanted

They can and it's still people making money off someone else's work, which is the quoted person's pet peeve against it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

I had no idea Toei hated Team Four Star/DBZA??

Toei don't and refuse to understand people using their content in ways other than watching it on TV/overpriced Blu Rays, they have for years tried to nail Team Four Star to the wall for daring to make content out of Dragonball.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's worth reminding people that Nintendo also had a similar mindset to Toei and loving hated people using footage of their content on youtube, remember that stupid Nintendo Partnership program?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

It's just kind of the way intellectual property is over there - see also the talent agency that until a few years ago wouldn't even allow pictures of its stars to be printed in promotional material for the things they were appearing in.

Judgement was hit by this, the main character was just a human shaped blank image next to the other characters.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

So the issue here is this guy was doing youtube videos recapping the Pokemon Sword/Shield season of the anime, and the company who makes it (ShoPro) is directly legally bullying and fining him?

https://twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1486930528196456449

That is pretty hosed up, and I guess points to how lucky Totally Not Mark was that Toei was not only going directly through Youtube's internal claims systems, but then broke the rules of the claims system when they didn't get what they wanted. I wonder if stuff like this is what Toei will resort to going forward?

The only way to avoid this insanity in the future is to just show absolutely nothing of the japanese property you are talking about.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Hel posted:

BTW was the Smash Bros Paz bomb joke actually real or just a photoshop? because an all ages fighting game making jokes about the whole child rape vagina bomb thing is tasteless as gently caress, if slightly less so than doing it seriously like MGS 5 did.

It's real and its real funny if you know what it is, a lot of people playing Smash will have no idea.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Man this was kind of a waste of time! Two hours on how some people I already knew were lovely dudes are lovely dudes, way too much time talking about Breadtube. It could have talked about the history of left-wing conspiracism but it was pretty uninterested in that. Hell, it wasn’t even interested in talking about the scope of left-wing conspiracism, which can be pretty bad in the UK!

I appreciate it calling out the Greyzone but gently caress, the left should have known that the Greyzone was awful when it started peddling in denying that Assad used chemical weapons

Thing is, people on twitter were dogpilling her with the exact same takes she was calling out, there's a lot of very stupid leftists out there who need to be burned out of the movement.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So Joseph Anderson has come out of stasis and dropped a fairly lengthy Elden Ring video, which was pretty neat.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think NorthernLion has ever taken a break, the man's been posting Binding of Issac videos every day for 10 years, he's branched out now because the Issac well has finally dried up.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not sure how many people follow Nash from Radio Dead Air but his co-host Tara's husband died suddenly earlier on.

https://twitter.com/tara_atrandom/status/1539533580761812993

There's not much I can say to sudden tragedies like this, it really, really sucks for all involved.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jamie Oliver can get to gently caress, he campaigned to get rid of Turkey Twizzlers goddamnit.

Oh and he's also a middle class wanker who cries over poor people eating unhealthy foods and if they just budgeted better then they could eat this fancy meal that costs 10 times as much as a burger and chips.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Alaois posted:

caliban cove is just funny, s.d. perry was wildin out

I enjoyed her Code Veronica adaption which included Wesker telling Chris about his raging erection.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Sydin posted:

I just want Mega Man Legends 3 please Capcom end my suffering.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is in development after 10 years of asking, so one day perhaps.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

SkeletonHero posted:

Thanks to God of War: Ragnarok, the chud hordes finally have a big-budget whitebread blonde handsome golden boy Heimdall. He's a spiteful, brown-nosing pissant that everyone hates.

And he gets beaten to death by the greek foreigner god Kratos.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Weird Ad-Hominem, but going off, I guess?

It's true though, Doug Wanker has yet to review anything.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

This video reminded me why I can never get myself to care about anything Dragon Ball. Let things end. Look at the Simpsons for christ sake

Dragon Ball did end but Dragon Ball Evolution happened which led to Toriyama coming back out of spite towards it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

I really dread that Marathon is getting rebooted because that's been the least toxic lore community I've been involved in for the last 30 or so years and now it's going to be eternal septembered.

The big Destiny content creators have already released videos about Marathon so the tidal wave is coming.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

mycot posted:

Bungie story stuff can be cool but if you thought Destiny lore was hard to get into Halo was the prototype. Like, it is very easy to play the entirety of the Halo series without ever knowing why the aliens and humans are fighting.

With how divorced Destiny's story is from its gameplay loop I reckon a lot of players don't even know the current bad guy, The Witness, is a fusion of millions of people into one body, or that multiple characters, including a few villains, know they are in a video game and are trying to break out of it.

Or that The Vex, the weird cyclops robots ultimate goal is to re-write the laws of physics and make themselves a universal constant.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Love it when people discover Harold Shipman, a name that still terrifies English pensioners to this day.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad he got probated for that garbage post

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Some people take not speaking ill of the dead seriously so saying TotalBiscuit was anything but a pro consumer advocate who only wanted the best for people gets you yelled at.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fredrik Knudsen has been on a lot of Jabroni Mike's streams in the past few years so it's not like he left the internet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Love it or hate it but ZP has been there for loving forever and seeing it end like this is just sad, VC's and techbros ruin everything they touch.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's what they all say.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

at the creator clash boogie fought wingsofredemption and wings massacred him

This was one of the funniest boxing matches I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Moaning about wanting to lose weight all the time and not taking the advice of dozens of people who are willing to help and then continuing to complain later on just shows to me that Boogie just loves to loving piss and whine.

You can't help someone like that.