Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spark That Bled posted:

This might be the worst video about the US election I've found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqy7LPKcLx8

The beginning is so loving funny. The media always calls the election before the official count does (apart from 2000 when it was one incredibly close state).

edit: lmao he shows a stock market chart yet doesn't notice the trajectory was the same under Trump as it was under Obama. This has gotta be a bit I just didn't get.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 14, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alaois posted:

the thing i'll always associate with brentalfloss is that absolutely baffling song where he posits that Tetris is a bad game because girls like it

I always think of his song "What If Civilization Had Lyrics?" when the song (Baba Yetu) not only had lyrics (the Lord's Prayer in Swahili) but it also won a Grammy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Impermanent posted:

no there's still neil cicierga's meme music pseudo mashup stuff. that's the lowest point

I'm gonna go with the goon that tried to do the same thing when Girl Talk was big.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arist posted:

New Folding Ideas on that wacko documentary pushing geocentrism that tricked Kate Mulgrew and some physicists into appearing in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwDF8wRgF4

It's ridiculous how these people can pull this off. Dinesh D'Souza does the same thing - whenever you see some serious scholar in his flicks they didn't sit down knowing it was for a Dinesh "documentary". Also happened with the one and only correct Prager U video (the one about why the Civil War was fought).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Goldeneye is the best theme.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

of course he believes in dumb Q poo poo. i mean the dude partly runs this channel now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GodMj4-R4 and probably makes a gently caress ton in view money now.

I was wondering why he was whining about his views thinking it was Irate Gamer poo poo and totally forgot he pivoted to weird toy videos.

edit: jesus he has over 470 million views.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alaois posted:

i have never laughed at a single one of that guy's comics, which seems like a problem when i'm pretty sure they're supposed to be funny

The one about soundcloud rappers is really funny so you musta missed that one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's funny that the WWI tweet gets the most response because Caesar's Gallic Wars are one of the first recorded genocides. Like a lot of nerds I was/am very into Roman history and reading the Commentarii de Bello Gallico cemented in my head the notion that the Romans were wolves by the lake ("They make a desert and call it peace").

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It sucks someone like Vaush can poo poo out reaction videos and get way more views than these well produced deep dives by Timbah. The nature of the beast I guess.

And yeah O'Keefe has aged like poo poo. Usually Irish men don't go full potato head until they've passed middle age.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 1, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bonaventure posted:

not a lot of people realize that BYOB stands for Bag Your Own Basque

What's the ETA on that sub being closed?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

As diseased as it is to make a defense of the prequels I'd hate to come across the brain that defends the Matrix sequels. At least the prequels are good for memes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I hadn't watched the Matrices in ages until a few months back and watched them back to back to back and the failings of the sequels are even more stark when you watch em that way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He's good at riling up the GG crowd and just general gamers:

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/984429864475414529?s=20

Augus posted:

Here’s my video essay defending the matrix sequels:

thank you for watching

That's one of the scenes that makes them bad (when it turns unnecessarily into full CGI and he just flies away anyway). Burly Brawl is an amazing song though.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 5, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Matrix Online had a lot of cool concepts but it had some of the worst combat in a genre notorious for bad/boring combat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah it stood out so much because it;s the ONE thing over everything else you had to make cool and fun for a Matrix game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

New Borat was good. It's got a lot more plot than the original.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bakeneko posted:

I've never been able to stand these kinds of prank shows. Mockumentaries with actors are one thing, but anything involving real people who aren't in on the joke makes me cringe way too much to laugh.

In the Borat 2 the funniest (and most offensive scene) the people are in it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Victor Hugo at the time put it best: "[L]et America know it, and ponder on it well — there is something more terrible than Cain slaying Abel: It is Washington slaying Spartacus!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think part of it is he's the one that got Hasan into streaming and then Hasan got more popular than him (because Hasan's hot) and so he lashed out at his leftie viewers.

ahah Jack and Leslie had him on their podcast and it was so bad they never released it or mentioned it until now:

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1336010496168787970?s=20

(Jack is making reference to their original third co-host who left amid huge drama)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 7, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's always weird to go "why is anyone following this guy?" when the reason it's such a big deal they're having such a dogshit take is they normally tweet good stuff. That's why people were following him - he tweeted good things.

It's like when a non-political creator dips their toes in the water of politics and comes off like a moron. Nerd City makes great videos (with insane production) but then they pinched this loaf off yesterday:

https://twitter.com/nerdcity/status/1335627533866455045?s=20

McInnes was deplatformed BECAUSE of his insane fringe positions. He was engaging in Holocaust denial at the same time he was sometimes guest hosting for Steven Crowder's "mainstream" channel.

poo poo the take in that screenshot IS the mainstream conservative position on the election. Also maybe question if your take is good if Count Dankula is in the replies agreeing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They got bought by Disney awhile back so it'll be a thing forever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kurt probably loves that became the thing he was known for because he's biggest claim before that was not something you want people remembering.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Archer666 posted:

This dude was on Destiny's stream and managed to be a rambling idiot all through their talk lol

Nah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I love the reactionaries whining about game reviews when the real travesty is one of the all time greatest games (New Vegas) ended up with an 84 on metacritic mostly due to bugs screwing Obsidian out of a bonus mostly when this game is buggy to the point people are calling it unfinished and currently sits at 90.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Of course it wasn't but New Vegas isn't an 84 and it sucks they missed out on the bonus due to bugs when a far buggier game is reviewing better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bakeneko posted:

What reviews are these? Most of the ones I’ve seen have been glowing.

I’ve barely scratched the surface of the game so it’s not like I can give it a full review myself, but I can say I’m loving it so far. No game could ever hope to live up to 5 years of hype, and Witcher 3 was the toughest possible act to follow, but I’d say it was definitely worth the wait if a few launch bugs are the worst people can find to say about it.

It's not a few launch bugs lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

slenderman.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

The Quartering is loving married?!

That NoBullshit far right idiot is having a kid :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I am excited for the New Vegas video.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Old World Blues is way better than the others.

hbomberguy's video was good as hell and explained why I've been able to play the game so many times despite usually not doing that with games. I did like the dig at FO4 when he said it'd be ridiculous not to build upon the systems and poo poo New Vegas put in place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

StealthArcher posted:

Dead money is absolute trash and i have never played it after the first time i completed it.

I did like outsmarting the game and getting a bunch of gold out at the end but apart from that yeah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's not really a backstory in the strictest sense. You delivered something in the past and moved on unless I'm forgetting something. You also didn't know what the platinum chip you were delivering was and it got you "killed" and set off the whole game.

I thought the point of Lonesome Road was you had no idea what happened or what you'd "done" because it was a just a seemingly inconsequential delivery job you'd done.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

John Murdoch posted:

It did put me in the mood to play some NV. But I'm dreading needing to faff around with mods to get it working and stable, even if it's relatively straightforward. Also I still need to finish 4 first...

This'll be wild considering I posted my Steam screenshot where I have almost 200 hours played - I've never used mods.

achillesforever6 posted:

For Main New Vegas really wish there was a way to do Kings and Followers ending (not independent); hell that's another thing hbomb missed, the two best factions in the game!

My two problems were ignoring those factions (Kings being the best) and not mentioning the best vault - the Lottery one.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 21, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1341459450591404041?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

8one6 posted:

But yeah, without Bethesda there might have been a Kickstarter isometric Fallout 3 made at some point that ten thousand whole people might have played.

You don't gotta blow up Wasteland 2's spot like that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The player character in FO4 being a pre-war person is dumb. It's just all the other stuff is much dumber.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dmboogie posted:

fallout 3 definitely has stuff to enjoy in it but the "sure i'm immune to radiation but it's ~your destiny~ to go into this radioactive room and heroically die" bit might be the dumbest writing choice in any rpg

I'm not really a fantasy guy (despite my name and being a slut for From Software) so it was cool having one of those open world first person games that was guns and sci-fi and poo poo but really looking back it's just "I'm glad this existed so New Vegas could be made".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Here's a good critique of the storytelling/worldbuilding of FO3 compared to New Vegas. And game narratives in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrV0tyOVKU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sydin posted:

lmao the original Shandification video was blocked by the NBA. gently caress this dumb as poo poo copyright hellscape we live in.

Yup I was trying to find the original and found that out. Pretty amazing.