Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Not sure if this is funnier than when he gave away empty game boxes he autographed or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

But it can’t really be called a video if you don’t meander from the main point for 1-6 hour(s) at a time.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Kunster posted:

Did you laugh when he complained about you, the viewer, for not being cognizant of said points when talking to others about his work. Like, of all things to complain about!

It’s wild to me that Quinton makes these 8 hour slogs that digress hardcore from the central point, and then is annoyed when people mostly treat them as background noise to pass the time. That’s not even getting into how it’s rare that insulting your audience is ever a good look.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I mostly view Quinton Reviews as a more modern and successful Linkara these days. Like if the latter focused on History of Power Rangers exclusively.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I’m sorry but nothing can compare to the original rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPEOkyq04Ko

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Linkara is still pretty prone to being hostile towards people who watch him, so I don’t necessarily think he’s changed that much.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

a.lo posted:

gonna find a linkara playlist on youtube to fall asleep to linkara and wake up to linkara

You wake up to a phone alarm of Smells Like Teen Spirit with a copy of Young Blood #1 under your pillow.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I like how nobody has really defended Linkara on the merits of his content, mostly just on the basis of the mockery he's sustained over the years. I have watched a decent amount of his stuff, both when I was a teenager and relatively recently just to see how it holds up. He does have some positives, like an impressive work ethic to upload on a nearly weekly basis for over 15 years at this point. And I do actually think his retrospective videos about stuff he likes are informative enough and do a good job of explaining why things are meaningful to him. Past that though, he's just really good at being insufferable with only the lightest prodding over a contentious topic (his ideas on sexism being the most well known).

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I used to really like DeceasedCrab, but finding out what a prick he could be to people in private (and publicly with his overly stringent grammar policies for his comment section) really shattered my image of him and made it hard to take his persona as anything other than fakery. Although that video where he melted down over the pronunciation of "Kitsune" almost works on an avant garde level.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

DeceasedScrub.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Watch your back over there, that’s SunnyV2 territory.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

He better work on hitting those frame perfect follow ups if he wants to have any hope of scoring a round 1 TKO.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

They were popular on Vine and transitioned their entire fanbase to Youtube once that platform went the way of the dinosaur. They aggressively merchandise and use the revenue off of 8-10 year olds to buy their way into notability mostly.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

This is a long game from Logan Paul to get DarkSydePhil to spend money on him.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

My first exposure to Quinton was his first Victorious video being shoved into my home feed and I always just asked myself "why is this hairy fat guy making an 8 hour video about a sitcom aimed at 12 year old girls."

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I think having a decently long video to nod off to is harmless enough. Eventually it ends and you're out cold in complete silence at that point.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I'm surprised Boogie managed to get 2,987 sequels, it seemed like one of the more niche titles in the Wii's library.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Imagine someone in 2008 making a video hating on Final Fantasy 8. Whatever you picture will probably near perfectly resemble Spoony's review of FF8.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Spaced God posted:

Wasn't the amazing atheist on channel awful for a while too

For like a year under the name Distressed Watcher. He wasn’t very well liked even by the standards of the time.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Yeah Spoony didn't really have any epic downfall or singular event that ended his career, he just kinda... flamed out. Archetypical rise and fall story.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

but then there would be nothing to complain about, and that simply won’t do.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Sterling's Dogma.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

cumpantry posted:

i dunno why sterling acts as if theyre the main character of life when they werent even the main character of The Escapist

No one could forget the true main character of the Escapist.

MovieBob.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

The Pissed Off Angry Gamer’s next best video is his Robocop NES review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EiVa7FPQ28

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

When the Irate Gamer quipped “What a load of rear end burgers and fries!” I knew could never bring myself to genuinely dislike him.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

The SFP foundation.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Can’t wait for Quinton to try and steal Morshu’s thunder when he releases his own reading of the bible.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I dunno perhaps the Beverly Hillbillies is just that complex and rich in detail that 38 hours of video discussion is the only way you can break it down.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Did Quinton’s dad make any money for participating in this video

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Ludovico technique with Quinton Reviews videos.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

To be honest, it actually would be pretty funny if the video was just the “I really fuckin hate Donald Trump” clip on a 38 hour loop.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I'm forever thankful for the Gone Homo joke because I've failed to mentally move beyond a 10 year old mentality.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

So surreal to hear the guy who used to do Masterpiece Fanfic Theatre give a content warning.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I get the sneaking suspicion Quinton is depressed when his videos have 30 minute detours where he goes over how depressed and anxious he is.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

In a few years the Simpsons will start to feature online personalities like SuperEyepatchWolf and TurkeyTom.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Bone was the staple comic to pick out from my middle school's library, certified classic.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I guess it was nice to see the True Crime series bounce back after True Crime NYC under performed.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Yiik is one of those games where I just need to get stupidly drunk one night and play it for the laughs.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Inebriation% self imposed challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Really who needs any credits to their name other than Alex yiik.