Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
News: TJ Watt

Views: I cant stop laughing at this video

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/sta...om%2Fr%2Fnfl%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

That's cool. If I wasn't banned from Twitter, I'd clap back that maybe we'll see him in the playoffs, but probably not since he'll pull his groin or hamstring in week 15 anyway

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Yeah, you're probably right. he made like $250k per carry with J-E-T-S, so why would he care

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

:sickos:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

He still has to face his accuser in Dec. Idk why anyone is keen to sign him before that's resolved. It's just inviting drama to your team

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Antonio Brown is 100% gonna get covid lol. Or maybe he already had it.

Either way good luck with that rear end in a top hat. Guess they are never running it again cause no way they got enough targets to keep everyone happy otherwise

That's just Arians stripped of all pretense at running the ball tho. It'll be exciting until the implosion

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

What's the line on how long it takes for AB to blow up the locker room? He and Arians have beef going back to draft day. He's called Brown a diva a recently as April, and told stories on national t.v. about his behavior going back to 2010 and 2011 when he was still the Steelers OC

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

The titans and steelers are equal teams imo

Yeah, not the kickers tho

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Man, OBJ's career is tanking as fast and hard as the Jets

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Catfish Noodlin posted:

His success I think was basically entirely just excellent execution and the newness of RPOs on the NFL stage. That waned, and so did Wentz.

That's kinda why I have to look at the new phenomena of the big beautiful throwboy like Allen and Herbert with a jaundiced eye too. NFL defenses are stuck in this area where they've got the arm strength to tear up spot-drop zone coverage and the athletic ability where you're worried about man coverage without a spy, but how many years are you going to get out of that?

I mean, this is Roethlisberger's 17th season. I know everybody forgets, but he was basically Wentz or Allen for his first 5 years or so. He ran all the time before his motorcycle accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like Wentz and Allen (definitely Allen) both run to gain yards more than Ben ever did though.

Ben ran around a lot, but he always had that thing where he just wouldn't take off and was waiting for goddamned ever for a receiver to come open. Unless your argument is just that he was mobile, in which case yeah he definitely was in addition to being strong as hell.

e: different league at the time too, I'm sure today he would be intentionally used as a runner a lot more often.

Well, the first few seasons, he would take off running too. You're thinking of like 2007-2012 when he was running around the backfield shrugging of DTs. You're right, it was a different league then, so it wasn't as frequent as Wentz or Allen, but he ran for first downs quite a bit early on