Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Zeke = Faulk? I wouldn’t have thought so. I guess zeke’s really good.

That is per carry, and a lot of Faulk's value came in the passing game. Also since 2000 so a lot of his production came from before this chart, that's like 6 or 7 years?

e: yeah cuts off all his time in Indy and his first year with the Rams where he went for 2400 from scrimmage. Zeke's still looking good on that chart either way.

And of course the general point seems to be handing the ball off is bad according to EPA.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Don't worry it's taken out of context...

https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1318961517723897856

Ok that's completely what he said.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

They’re already hoping for Patrick Mahomes III to be their QB in the future.

Patty Mahomes works just fine for me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Even though this thought is forbidden in Kansas City and Patrick talks about how much he learned sitting behind Alex I don't think Mahomes would be worse today than he would have been if they just let Alex Smith go and he started from day one. Team would probably have been worse in the first year though.

I mean the Chiefs were in a spot where that wasn't going to come up barring something terrible happening, so yeah, just a weird blessed situation all around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mahome's didn't learn to read defenses till this year according to him. What is he supposed to have learned?

The popular thought around here is that Alex taught him to be a pro. Which I discount because the guy was taught from the time he was a toddler how to be a professional athlete (and also the whole idea is bullshit and just PR).

On the other hand Alex Smith came back from that thing that I won't look at again and actually played, so maybe he put some extra work effort into a maniac?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah, problem solved.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The center 10 yards in front of him begging him to keep running really makes this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is pretty solid, but it is not a dick.

https://twitter.com/BradRiter/status/1319677617096822784

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone refresh me on who has to deal with cap situations regarding trades. The cap is obviously imaginary, but still.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, we're likely to get an October snow game!

https://twitter.com/NoisyHuevos/status/1320192917139419139

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Michael Thomas is still questionable with a hammy, and Sanders is already out.

Pretty sure I saw Schefter or someone say Thomas is out.

e: Schefter's already talking about him maybe missing next week apparently, so yeah.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's obvious why, but it feels like you almost never see an early game map that close to one color.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Goff... Carr?

Out of the current starters I guess those two are the most recent, then you get to guys like Stafford and Cousins I guess? Matt Ryan if they don't count? Everyone but Goff and Carr is over 30.

Even if you include lovely (or at least likely lovely) QBs, Jones, Trubs, and Darnold can all scoot. I suppose Jimmy G might be the closest other guy and he's not exactly a statue either.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 26, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nick....Foles?

Question mark is for multiple things there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

I mean, this is Roethlisberger's 17th season. I know everybody forgets, but he was basically Wentz or Allen for his first 5 years or so. He ran all the time before his motorcycle accident

I feel like Wentz and Allen (definitely Allen) both run to gain yards more than Ben ever did though.

Ben ran around a lot, but he always had that thing where he just wouldn't take off and was waiting for goddamned ever for a receiver to come open. Unless your argument is just that he was mobile, in which case yeah he definitely was in addition to being strong as hell.

e: different league at the time too, I'm sure today he would be intentionally used as a runner a lot more often.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 26, 2020