Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm sad Turner seemingly doesn't get to be on the field for it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OKAY USA
Jan 9, 2007
Urias needs his props!!!!

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

marioinblack posted:

I'm just disappointed, this was a winnable series, but the bats weren't there. I don't think the Snell thing matters since the Rays are not winning these games scoring only 1 run.

Congrats Dodgers, you have a juggernaut of a team. There's a lot of guys there that certainly are deserving of a ring. I'm glad Mookie is on a team that I don't despise.

I'm sure I'll look back on this fondly over time, but there's always the cloud of Sternberg and the stadium and all that which makes me in a constant worry about the future. I did get to see the Rays take out the Yankees in one of the most satisfying ways possible, and they took out the supervillains of baseball in a series that got way too close for my liking. I also got to see a legend of October born.

What a ride with all this high leverage sports situations I've endured. Starting on August 11 with 5 overtimes and ending today. At the very least I got to watch a Stanley Cup during all of this, and asking for two might've been too much but drat they were so close.

At the very least I know the Rays play in the greatest stadium in baseball and any opinions otherwise are completely wrong and lalalala I can't hear you. Also gently caress Stu Sternberg.

We're still league champions, we still did better than 2008. It hurts now but I'm drat proud of what this team did.

And Mookie Betts deserves it if nothing else.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

marioinblack posted:

I'm just disappointed, this was a winnable series, but the bats weren't there. I don't think the Snell thing matters since the Rays are not winning these games scoring only 1 run.

Congrats Dodgers, you have a juggernaut of a team. There's a lot of guys there that certainly are deserving of a ring. I'm glad Mookie is on a team that I don't despise.

I'm sure I'll look back on this fondly over time, but there's always the cloud of Sternberg and the stadium and all that which makes me in a constant worry about the future. I did get to see the Rays take out the Yankees in one of the most satisfying ways possible, and they took out the supervillains of baseball in a series that got way too close for my liking. I also got to see a legend of October born.

What a ride with all this high leverage sports situations I've endured. Starting on August 11 with 5 overtimes and ending today. At the very least I got to watch a Stanley Cup during all of this, and asking for two might've been too much but drat they were so close.

At the very least I know the Rays play in the greatest stadium in baseball and any opinions otherwise are completely wrong and lalalala I can't hear you. Also gently caress Stu Sternberg.

I’m sorry for Rays fans that things went down the way they did. That Yankees series was epic, and the Rays are a team that has a bright future ahead.

I will never forget Randy’s postseason especially, and I hope we see a lot more of that from him (we will!)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/rodger/status/1321300783447552004

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

bawfuls posted:

Justin Turner grew up in Long Beach rooting for the Dodgers and now he doesn’t get to celebrate winning the fuckin World Series with his teammates

2020 godamn

It really sucks.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Is this guy having a stroke?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Is rob Manfred drunk

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
that's drunk talk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha he’s wasted

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Rob Manfred dying

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Is Manfred having a stroke

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

covid brain fog?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
They timed that boo/cheer transition perfectly, congrats Dodgers fans on an equally impressive achievement

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
immediate conspiracy theory they knew turner tested positive your thoughts

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
What the gently caress is going on with Manfred

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:perfect:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Manfred is drunk as gently caress

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spring Break My Heart posted:

immediate conspiracy theory they knew turner tested positive your thoughts

100%

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is Manfred having a stroke

Manfred's got the rona!

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
With the way Manfred is talking there must be a problem with the feedback from his ear piece or something, hahahaha

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
is manfred drunk?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Manfred somehow adopted Bill Cosby Speech Patterns between the trophy ceremony and the MVP presentation

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
If Manfred strokes out right now, I'll consider that almost as good as a WS win

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
After being booed like that I'd get drunk too

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

he kept waiting to hear himself in his ear piece which causes those weird pauses.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Sports are Striking, Manfred is Stroking

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Manfred somehow adopted Bill Cosby Speech Patterns between the trophy ceremony and the MVP presentation

Maybe the initial boos got to him, and he took some shots.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

marioinblack posted:

If Manfred strokes out right now, I'll consider that almost as good as a WS win

Like the new av :unsmith:

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Outside of 2016, I never bother watching the post series stuff. But this is pretty great in the most awful ways so far

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Holy poo poo I'm losing my poo poo at Manfred slurring to death

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

actually no, for sure he's totally drunk

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm betting Manfred's earpiece has his own voice piped in, so he's hearing himself on a delay while trying to talk and it's loving him up.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wolfy posted:

Sports are Striking, Manfred is Stroking

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WHY CANT I SEE CLAYTON KERSHAW HOLDING THE GOFSMN PIECE OF METAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I missed the Rose Garden ceremony; now I finally know what it’s like to watch a superspreader event on live television

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Bregor posted:

Like the new av :unsmith:

My mistake was thinking of one for the Rays winning, it was going to be a side by side with text that stated "Superspreading Joy and COVID"

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bawfuls posted:

WHY CANT I SEE CLAYTON KERSHAW HOLDING THE GOFSMN PIECE OF METAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING

bawfuls it's at times like this that I need the Big Hurt to tell me about his take on this World Series and also his fake testosterone pills

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
For posterity:

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1321302363290959872

ahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m sorry for you Rays, but Dodgers as a Phillies fan welcome to the TB club.

Uhhh make that TBay Club.