Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Gerblyn posted:

The stat modifier is included in the first number, but yeah things like rage, brutal critical, sneak attack and poison are all separate

I don't think this is correct. It's true if it's like a poison sting where you take 1d4 piercing damage and then have to save to avoid like 3d6 poison damage. Since the poison is a save made after the hit is confirmed, it's a second source of damage. Sneak attack and bonus rage damage are not separate sources of damage in the same way that a frostbrand's frost damage is not considered separate from the weapon damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Ah yeah I'm not sure how the game does it, I'm thinking of 5e rules. I assume they're the same but who knows!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Also, like all heavy armor it gives disadvantage on stealth checks. But yeah, for classes that can wear it it's generally the best and that is reflected in its base cost