Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I just got to the end of the early access content with about 17 hours total played (I suppose it could be much less if you rushed everything).

I loved it. I loved how true to the book it is. I can't wait to see what else they have in store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Beefeater1980 posted:

I suspect that’s because they’re trying to leave it open to modders. It’s a play to be the new Neverwind Nights.

I hope hope hope hope hope hope this is true.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

So if this is a pseudo-5E game, how does it handle the classes that are absolute dogshit in 5E such as fighters, rogues, monks, and rangers? Do they get cool homebrewed poo poo to make them less, uh, poo poo?

I'm not sure we're playing the same 5E.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Chalks posted:

How buggy is this compared to BG3's EA?

Pretty much the opposite. My playthrough has been crash-free, and the only bugs I've encountered are text-related (and not really bugs; more like unfinished journal entries and things like that).

This is remarkably stable for an early access game.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

inthesto posted:

My takeaway is that BG3 is "Divinity Original Sin with D&D rules" whereas Solasta is much more "D&D: The Game". The only thing wrong with Solasta is that it wasn't made with the 4E rules. :argh:

Ew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Fritz the Horse posted:

I think I finished the EA? I just completed the Dark Castle dungeon, my party just hit level 5. When I returned back to the main town my quests seem to have dead ended, I can't turn them in. There doesn't seem to be anything more to do, but no message saying "end of EA" either and I can't find on the forums or anywhere where it's supposed to end.

The good:
-I like the combat system and UI. It's clean and informative and pretty fun tactically.

-The party dialogue system is really interesting, I wonder how they make that work. There are only three male and three female voice choices but they must have a ton of recorded dialogue each. You get some pretty believable party banter from whatever combination of voices you choose.

The bad:
-Potato face character models, they're terrible.

-Rigidly linear gameplay without any sidequests or real characters being developed:
1) Get quest to go do a dungeon.
2) Travel to dungeon, maybe fight some random encounters on the way.
3) Complete dungeon.
4) Return to town, turn in quest and get new dungeon mission, selll/buy supplies.
5) Repeat.
I've come across exactly two sidequests, one isn't finished and is just a teaser (old drunk Merton and the Scavengers) and the other is merely collecting a couple items along the way as you finish the Dark Castle dungeon. All the characters in town have like 2-3 lines of dialogue explaining who they are and what they do. There's no world-building or flavor there, all those characters do is serve as vendors and give you dungeon quests.

-Inventory management is a nightmare. Maybe that'll get better once Scavengers are implemented.

All told I'd say it's very skin and bones. It's ugly and there just isn't much meat on it. Hopefully they add in a lot more options for exploring the overworld instead of a linear dungeon 1 -> town -> dungeon 2 -> town -> dungeon 3 -> town progression. They also need a lot more side quests and actual characters in town and in the dungeons to flesh out the game world. The basic game systems are pretty decent, though. The UI is informative and clean and makes figuring out 5e pretty smooth.

Are you sure you finished that part? When I completed that quest, I got a pop-up when I tried to leave the map saying that was the end of EA.