Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hello GBS,
I don't post here very often, but this is still the top forum so I figured it's where I would post this.

I didn't believe a few months ago that lowtax would actually give up control of these dumb forums, but I am happy that he did. As a show of this gladness and in the spirit of a sort of forums Renaissance, I am here to give you, the proletariat goon masses, a bunch of :siren: free forums stuff

Here's the deal: Jeffery has said this site takes a minimum of $1200 a month to keep afloat. After a decade here, I am going to pay for (up to) a month of its operations via whatever dumb poo poo you all decide you want. Maybe I'll even get the chance to ban Lowtax myself!

:siren:Thank you for participating everyone, the giveaway has ended. :siren: Let's look forward to a hopefully slightly saner future for SA!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

If you lost a gangtag let me know so I can fix it!

Just post in here with what you want, be it archives, plat, titles/avatars for yourself or others, smilies, banners, unbans (I guess?). I think the only thing I can't buy directly for someone is a new account, but I'd be willing to give gift certificates to people that want to give their "friend" an account.

Steps, for the brain geniouses:
  1. Post in this thread with what you want.
  2. Specify what account this is for. If you don't specify, I'll assume it is for your account. I need the email you want me to send the certificate to for account stuff (plat, archives, new accounts).
  3. Be fuckin' patient, at an average cost of $10 for a thing, this is potentially 120 different purchases I have to process.
  4. Don't be a poo poo - I'm not putting any particular limits on this, but be considerate to others. I obviously reserve the right to deny something.

If you want a smilie purchased, you have to give it to me, obviously. I'm not going to tweak them until they fit in our weird rear end restrictions, so go and check those before submitting. Same goes for avatars, titles, banners, etc - make sure the content you give me fits whatever requirements.

Also, because at the end of the day this entire bit is kind of a vanity project, I'm going to make a donation equivalent to whatever I end up spending here to Plinky's wonderful CSPAM Goon Assistance Fund.
Many of you may not have any clear picture of what CSPAM is or why there's always so much drama around it in QCS, and hopefully this gives you a better idea. If you're a goon in need of real world help in the lovely world we inhabit, be sure to check out that thread.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mind the walrus posted:

Hell yes. In accordance with the post above-- Platinum for me if you're offering.

I need your email address

e; I made sure to clarify this in the OP, for :frogsiren:any account related stuff (platinum, archives, new accounts) I need an email to send a gift certificate to.:frogsiren:

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 21, 2020

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I figure I should probably pay active attention to the thread at least initially so people believe that it's real lol

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sir Not Appearing posted:

If there is any way you can still purchase reg dates, I'd like mine changed to 9/11/2001.

I don't think so

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Again, I need email addresses for any archives, platinum, or new account certificates

e; ^^ oh you lil poo poo

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 21, 2020

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

please unban my primary account. it's "nefarious" and the email is nefarious71 at yahoo dot com

it got banned for "forum invasion" when I posted in a gbs thread that got moved to fyad. lowtax said he would unban everyone but it turns out he was a lying greedy piece of poo poo :shrug:

I think you should just ask jeffery about this one

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Knot My President! posted:

Could I tentatively request a smiley or two? If you get two, I’ll make one of them anyone you want :)

I'm down to get smilies but I'm not gonna make them lol

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I would be down for a new avatar and a new username.

Need a little more direction than that!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Arrrthritis posted:

I'll take a surprise av.

drat I don't know why this doesn't animate, if I right click->view image it does

e; I think I set the loop wrong, would some admin mind setting it to this one?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Bioshuffle posted:

Nice idea! I'd love an account certificate so I could give my neighbor an account if you wouldn't mind, please. I was telling him about the DIY forum and he seemed really interested.

Need an email for that

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ChubbyChecker posted:

Rereg for this poster please: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=223771

e: hell, give them plat and av too

mods can give them if you show them the certs

Need an email for those too, I can only get certs for them. I'm not going to mods for each of the hundred requests here, sorry

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

low key sex master posted:

Oh dangit it got rid of my gangtag

could a mod readd it for me? The Goonited Nations one?

poo poo sorry, been trying to preserve them

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Mokiefraggle posted:

OP, don't know if you're still taking requests, but I have been told I must ask for archives. The perils of living with a goon.

Need an email for this

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I could use a banner ad, muchas gracias. I'll PM you my addy.

Same, waiting on PM

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Unused random avatar

I was a little sad this one got added after I gave Drunk Mutt theirs

e; Sorry if I messed up any gangtags, I'm doing my best :shobon:

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 21, 2020

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Experimenting with this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

There's a few people that requested plat/banner ads/renames that haven't given me emails! If I dont have them you can't get them!

We're drawing close to the end now.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

boar guy posted:

can i get a bottom banner ad for a goon run virtual pinball tournament? lmk and i'll send art

I can get you a cert for the ad, just need an email

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Friend posted:

I've never listened to deadmau5 but at least I'm still a danger to people with epilepsy

It was a joke on this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9GRu_3hfpM

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Floodixor posted:

Wait, if I want Mr. Toodles to get a av, you don't need email info, right?

I'm sorry I've been standing in the sun all day and I forgot to bring water

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=Mr.%20Toodles

e; impressively as I post this, I realize there's some hosed up CSS on sa and it's possible for the letter "I" to appear in the row along with the avatar lmao

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Gromit posted:

I'd love an avatar change if you are still doing this! gromit@steveshouse.org

Wew lad gonna have to ask about that current redtext first

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Oh here's a request: Can someone make me an av out of Zagreus' death as linked at this timestamp? Starting black, Zag getting pulled under, then back to black?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbawpKC2TBI&t=258s

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Also, with that last round of random avatars, I have now hit my limit! Sorry if you didn't get in, there were several requests that never gave emails if I needed it, and I might have just missed it. Plinky is gonna get $1200 to help out goons in distress, and I got to have some fun creating forums rivalries and brand new posting comrades.

Thank you for participating, and for your kind words! :) I'll leave the thread open I guess, no real reason to close it.

Some stats, out of a total 122 items:

Archives: 27
Platinum: 15
New Accounts: 5
Certs for future Avs: 3
Banner Ads: 2
Also 1 Unban and 1 Namechange

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 21, 2020

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

now on CD-ROM posted:

I smell some goldbelly cookies in Jeffrey's future...... Thank you for you're service goon sire

I'm glad I could give your parachute an appropriate avatar

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

lmao, thanks, it is exactly what I hoped.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This was a heartwarming thread to wake up to - thank you a ton Skyl3lazer. I really love this place and I'm glad others do, as well.

Thank you as well for dealing with this. Please dont turn out to be a sexpest or whatever.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

If you lost a gangtag let me know so I can fix it! Also OP would you be cool with me moving this to the goldmine in a few days, your generosity should be preserved!

Yeah go for it, never had a goldmined thread before.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Count Uvula posted:

You sent me two plats, should I just post the key for the second one in this thread?

Oh whoops, go for I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

IAmThatIs posted:

You rule Skyl3lazer

I have a non animated version of this av on twitter and it's loving me up when I see your post now lol