Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m a little disappointed that Giuliani really was just tucking his shirt back in.

Yeah, I have to say it was a masterstroke (heh) to toss out a "leak" from the movie like a day before it comes out and then let Rudy dig himself into a hole and give the movie free publicity. There was no way anybody was... NOT going to see this movie after that shitshow.

Then yeah, it turns out that she basically pushes him onto the bed and lifts up his shirt to take the mic off, and he was just tucking it back in. Overall this wasn't as hilarious as the original movie, but it was definitely a better movie. It felt like Cohen had to lean more heavily on the narrative this time rather than just stringing together a bunch of public skits. But that's understandable given that Cohen is pretty recognizable to most people at this point, in or out of costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

One of my favorite bits in this movie was a subtle moment where the QAnon guys say that democrats should have "less rights" and then SBC out-of-character looks at the camera with an expression of disbelief before sliding right back into Borat with a "HIGH FIIVE!". Even if those guys were somewhat in on it, that bit was at least unscripted. The best SBC bits are the ones where even he's amazed with what he can draw out of people.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I knew about debutante balls, the thing that surprised me was that there are "trophy wife consultants" or whatever that teach young women how to appeal to creepy old men.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think the heavily scripted stuff with normal people is "staged" only in that it's non-actors who are at least somewhat in on it who are just naturally improvising and reacting. If there's a hidden camera shooting handheld style, then it's all confused extras who probably think it's real in the moment. Then there are non-actor bits where Cohen is improvising in-character and the mark has no (or only a vague) idea that it's a bit.