Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It was genuinely laugh out loud funny in multiple places, and neatly dealt with the problem of Borat as a cultural touchstone. I really hope to see Bakalova get more work because she was outstanding.

Teenage Fansub posted:

You don't think he gave time to those synagogue ladies in the genuine wish to relay their message?

I know her family is embarrassed for her and trying to sue, but who knows what she actually thought of it.

They say they have footage of her being in on the joke.

The Human Crouton posted:

I hated it. I was deciding whether to place it above or below Zoolander 2 while I was watching it, and by the end it was definitely below.

I have never found Sacha Baron Cohen funny with the exception of Borat 1, which is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I remember him making up some bullshit about how he created Borat as a way to expose the anti-Semitism in America, which is obviously him just trying to pretend that he is a superior for making money off of Jew jokes while admonishing the people who give him money for his Jew jokes. I think that everything he has ever done is mean spirited, and he happened to fluke on Borat 1 by accidentally making a character so innocent and charming that the Borat character was able to defeat Sacha's malicious intentions for one movie. A mistake that Sacha Baron Cohen corrected with Borat 2.

I also found it tiresome that he went the late night talk show route of pointing to Republicans to get the mandatory laughter. Combine that with the "look at these current events" cringefest at the end with mansplaining, and the Karens, and other low-hanging fruit; and I feel like I was stuck on my worst friend's facebook page for two hours.

Overall, I didn't feel like I was watching Borat the character. I felt like I was watching Sacha Baron Cohen himself proudly plan his hilarious scheme to fart on his sister like a kid who was whispering too loud. And after he had farted on his sister, I had to watch him again proudly come up with his next plan of... farting on his sister.

I will end this review with the only line that got a laugh out of me.
the perverts have to be medical personnel

With this level of wrong-headedness you could have been in the film.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They seemed to be genuinely chasing him off stage in the footage that was on social media back when it was recorded. And faking that bit seems a bit far fetched when their other cut clips include his co-star going into the White House without being checked by security.