Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

it's probably also worth noting that the first movie never stopped being loving hilarious either, it only "aged badly" in the sense that a lot of unfunny idiots started quoting it nonstop

much like monty python and the holy grail, however, unfunny idiots quoting the movie didn't actually make the movie less funny

the loving bear in the ice cream truck kills me every time, and the naked fight is some GOAT poo poo

I have never laughed harder at a movie than I did the bear. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I don't particularly find the Borat schtick as funny as it used to be, but GODDAMN Maria knocked that poo poo out of the park as Tutar. Just a vibrant, fun performance and her willingness to go as bugnuts as SBC is insane. She is the heart and soul of the movie, and I almost like it more than the first one just because of her.

Nothing in the film tops the bear in the first film though (or the censored dicks in the Borat/Azmat fight)

Edit: One moment that got a huge laugh out of me was Borat in disguise as the boom operator telling Guliani to marry more cousins, because it felt much more vicious than Borat usually does, and Guliani IMMEDIATELY got visibly pissed off. Pure gold.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 26, 2020

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Robot Style posted:

Fielder was in the special thanks for Borat 2, so he definitely influenced the movie in some capacity.

He directed a couple of episodes of SBC's Who is America.