Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It was alright. Definitely not as good as the first for me, and I agree that there was too much plotline tying skits together rather than the opposite. It also feels a lot less perennial than Borat 1 for some reason, but it's interesting because it gives the movie a uniqueness compared to the original. I didn't like that there was seemingly less improv/raw trolling, but the movie makes it clear it's because Borat is too recognizable. It makes sense that they had to use the disguises but I prefer just Borat as Borat.

That being said, Tutar was excellent. She felt like the star of the show and her synergy with SBC helps sell her character - not to a creepy old debutant dad thankfully - as cut from the same cloth as Borat. I missed Azamat especially because he's still hilarious in Cobra Kai ("Thank you very much but I can scratch my own balls!") but him as Head Chair was fantastic, and the movie would have been too cluttered if he had to steal some of Tutar's screentime.

I really think a straight-up Tutar movie would have been preferable, though obviously far less marketable. I liked this one but it'll be harder to rewatch it because I just want this year done and over with culturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU