Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I keep going back and forth between hating and loving the Giuliani scene. how skeezy and reptilian Giuliani was really struck me in the stomach. just absolutely nausea inducing. I don't know if I could rewatch that scene, it felt so horrible.

I think that's the sign of brilliance though, for SBC to manage to remake Borat (of all things) and have it be nearly as good. I was truly expecting a lovely comedy sequel filled with lazy Trump jokes.

(just please keep Bruno retired SBC)

e: oh and Maria Bakalova just absolutely slayed. I really hope she has a career ahead of her, because I want more of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why exactly does she need 100k to being in a comedy movie for like 5min?

trash take, considering the plot hinges on her genuine and caring reactions. she was lovely, and deserves more then 500 bucks for that

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Starks posted:

I think that lady was very nice but also incredibly ignorant and that’s why she was duped. You could argue that it’s not her fault and that it’s the result of poor education or decades of western propaganda against Eastern Europeans but she was very willing to believe that Kazakhs walk around with their women chained to a kettlebell lol

ehh...people tend to not doubt by default. maybe there was some preexisting bias, but I'd be more willing to believe she just took at face value and tried to be pragmatic about things.

that's how these movies work, by exploiting human psychology and our innate need to "go along". listen to longmont potion castle prank calls sometime, you'd never believe how many people believe that a driver from the USPS really is trying to get them to pay COD for some tasmanian syrup.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ingmar terdman posted:

Yeah Nathan for You is another good example of how people will go to great lengths to avoid rocking the boat

most definitely! the last episode I watched which definitely followed this pattern was the faked gas coupon adventure, where all these people hiked up a mountain to get $30 of free gas (despite there not being a real prize at all)

the ending of it is shockingly heartwarming so I won't spoil it, but I highly recommend the show if you dug Borat.