Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Decided to watch this today in light of the news and it was... fine? No where near as funny as the first one, and most of the non-reality stuff felt really forced (it might have been funny to briefly imply that Borat started Covid but dragging it out for several minutes killed it). It definitely had its moments - the QAnon lodge was great - but overall it just felt a bit desperate, like most sequels to comedy movies made over a decade after the fact. And I'm really torn on the decision to end it on a 'Remember to vote' card - I get why they did it but it makes it feel less like a movie to be watched for years to come and more like an extended YouTube video to be forgotten after this particular moment in time.

Maria Bakalova did a really great job though, better than SBC in some parts (I know a lot of time has passed but his Borat impression is well below average).

e: One thing I liked is that the little content warning includes 'blackface' which had me worried, but it's just the Trudeau photo.

stev fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU