Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

massive spider posted:

You can clearly tell they're in on it from the way the scene is shot, it feels like a special guest cameo scene from a sitcom.

Yeah I don't know how anyone doesn't get they're in on it. He walks in as the most ridiculous antisemitic caricature and they just say oh hello. I'm still seeing people on Twitter acting like they were the butt of the joke rather than antisemites being the ones being mocked.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm very surprised just how good this film was. It's arguably as good as the first.

Agreed on both counts. It's been a while since a movie got me to laugh out loud while I was watching it alone and there were a couple bits that got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

It says a lot that back in the day, Trump had enough wits to see that Ali G was trying to take him for a ride and shut down.

This is what Trump claims but Cohen said Trump actually stayed with him for seven minutes which is longer than his typical Ali G interviews lasted. I think only a couple minutes made it onto the show.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The CPAC thing worked by having Pence say that ridiculous poo poo about COVID that looks even worse in hindsight. Also showing up to the Gaylord in a Klan outfit saying "don't worry I'm Stephen Miller" was even better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blue Raider posted:

I’m 50/50 on whether Giuliani was actually dick wagging, but it’s clear that if that situation had gone on another couple minutes that his pants would’ve been off.

I'm in the "he was tucking his shirt in" camp but him patting her on the side when she removed the mic was super creepy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's funny Maria actually has the accent. I assumed she was American or something putting it on.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/BoratSagdiyev/status/1320421640161742848?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was definitely more than an afternoon she has scenes over several days.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Another Bill posted:

I read somewhere (this thread probably) that the theme of the movie is that America in 2020 is an unsafe place for women. I think I'll watch it again with that in mind.

When he announces the progress in Kazakhstan he says it's like feminist nations such as the United States and Saudi Arabia.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fitting name.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zer0spunk posted:

Bruno was a disappointment but I did see it in a theater in the Hamptons of all places randomly on a road trip. The dick helicopter scene had a stream full of stepford wives fleeing the theater, which in retrospect was a weird demographic in the first place for a sbc movie.

That scene had me howling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They get a focus group together for a "show" he made and that's where the meat spin happens (the dick spins around then points at the camera and says "Bruno!").