Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I hated it. I was deciding whether to place it above or below Zoolander 2 while I was watching it, and by the end it was definitely below.

I have never found Sacha Baron Cohen funny with the exception of Borat 1, which is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I remember him making up some bullshit about how he created Borat as a way to expose the anti-Semitism in America, which is obviously him just trying to pretend that he is a superior for making money off of Jew jokes while admonishing the people who give him money for his Jew jokes. I think that everything he has ever done is mean spirited, and he happened to fluke on Borat 1 by accidentally making a character so innocent and charming that the Borat character was able to defeat Sacha's malicious intentions for one movie. A mistake that Sacha Baron Cohen corrected with Borat 2.

I also found it tiresome that he went the late night talk show route of pointing to Republicans to get the mandatory laughter. Combine that with the "look at these current events" cringefest at the end with mansplaining, and the Karens, and other low-hanging fruit; and I feel like I was stuck on my worst friend's facebook page for two hours.

Overall, I didn't feel like I was watching Borat the character. I felt like I was watching Sacha Baron Cohen himself proudly plan his hilarious scheme to fart on his sister like a kid who was whispering too loud. And after he had farted on his sister, I had to watch him again proudly come up with his next plan of... farting on his sister.

I will end this review with the only line that got a laugh out of me.
the perverts have to be medical personnel

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bioshuffle posted:

Knowing how much he like to contort and twist the narrative, I wouldn't be surprised if that whole scene is fabricated. The audio could easily be dubbed in, and that could be one of his own staff members shaking the door.

That was my first thought. I didn't see anything in that clip that I couldn't set up myself.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm not disputing his means of stage exit, really. He was probably yelled off stage because he forced it happen. It's the inside the trailer part that could be easily faked. He could have shot that part a week after he got his footage of the crowd.

He had more than one camera crew around, and unless we see footage from the outside of his trailer getting attacked then it didn't happen.

I kind of like his movies in the way that they are good puzzles for analyzing how our own brains work. Like a magician fools our expectations and pattern recognition by keeping a ball in his left hand while pretending to put it in his right, SBC knows that showing a woman stepping over a railing and then cutting to footage of him running causes us to assume that she is going to attack him instead of going to get a beer.