Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
I liked it a lot. I'm glad I could pause it every ten minutes or so to avoid gasping in hilarity or horror.

Cohen is kinder to his subjects than he might have been. Some of the victims are clearly in on the gag, and some (Giuliani) are clearly not. One guy in the bathroom scene has his face blurred, so he must have refused to sign something.

Practically all the other participants must be collaborators to some extent. This seems like a kindness on SBC's part. They could've looked worse if we didn't suspect they were playing along.

The people credited as "Location Managers" did some heavy lifting. How did they keep SBC out of jail after CPAC? He probably had a valid floor pass.

And, of course, whatever legal waivers they needed from Giuliani were probably folded into whatever he signed, while drunk, in order to be interviewed.

The throwaway gag near the end where Borat coughs on the dead bird in the wet market had me rolling.

edit: Oh yeah, the thing they hooked Giuliani with is an ancient blackmail scheme called "The Badger Game." It's transparent and very crooked. Somebody like Giuliani should be able to recognize this and not fall for it, but he did.

bitey fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU