Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
The guy who directed Borat 2 also did 3 or 4 eps of Nathan For You(not sure if thats been brought up or thats where this entire convo spurred from)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I got to see a NFY live show in Brooklyn where he showed us 2 eps from the upcoming season and did a q&a.

He also did an interview segment where he brought some audience members on stage and gave them the Nathan Fielder treatment of just guiding things down an incredibly strange and awkward route.

At one point he had a guy on stage who he got to tell a bizzare story about why he wears a wedding ring(its his dads and he started wearing it after his parents got divorced). The conversation took a bizzare turn into discussing polyamory and open relationships and some woman in the front row was not about it and started heckling and yelling her disproval of this guy. Nathan kept poking both of them and it made for probably one of the more painfully embarrassing things to witness IRL. It was basically 15 minutes of watching Natahan moderate a heated debate about monogamy. The guy just dig himself further every minute and the woman just came off crazier and crazier and Nathan looked like a kid in a candy store with how he would grill each of them on whatever weird poo poo they would say.

Nathans skill to just play it so unbelievably straight while simultaneously goading people into these bizzare headspaces and spilling themselves out is unparalleled.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I like SBC a lot but Nathan Fielder is even funnier imo. Nathan for You is probably the single funniest show I have ever seen.

Fans of Fielder should check out the new show "How to With John Wilson" on HBO. NF isn't in it, but he produced it and if you like NFY it's probably right up your ally. It's a little more surreal and less gut bustingly funny, but still the same type of humor and very funny.

My god thank you for this recommendation.

I just recently moved from NYC and this show is not only absolutely great but really really makes me miss home.