Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know The Boys was coming out on Prime at around 8pm on Thursday nights even though it's scheduled for midnight, I hope that's the case here too.

e: ah neat didn't realize the link above was for an early watch party.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The actress who plays his daughter is AMAZING

The baby clip that was doing the rounds yesterday she killed, love they found someone on the level to work with.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The stuff with the fax machine guy is completely pointless because the guy has to be in on it, and his presence doesn’t add anything beyond plot, which is pointless in a movie like this.

I like that the header you can see on the faxes says +7 which is the genuine Kazakh international code.

Even if they give the marks some BS stories as to why things will happen, it’s still really fun and the stuff that we know is scripted is funny anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fantastic ending, wawawewa. Definitely in the upper echelons of comedy sequels, and I’m guessing everyone was basically given ‘reality show’ type explanations for the weirdness for them to buy into, as everyone is so used to that now. Can’t wait for some of the marks to react publicly in the best ways.

Great to see Peter Baynam’s name in the writing credits, a rare treat these days.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also I think the cabin they stay at belonged (or was rented and furnished by) the film crew, and didn’t actually belong to them. They probably responded to a request for a reality show and they fit the criteria for what they knew would get the results they needed. Also if one person/group doesn’t respond the way they want, reshoot with other people until you do.

Also the people saying the end credits has a gut punch, I was totally expecting a silly scene showing Borat being imprisoned again or something. gently caress.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

caligulamprey posted:

The dude saying Borat could sell his daughter for $500 and the look of pure revulsion and "that's loving disgusting" the daughter gives to her dad was absolutely perfect.

That girl was the only glimmer of hope in that sea of poo poo. Good on her, I’m glad it made the cut.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ghost Leviathan posted:

SBC may be the only person alive capable of actually mocking Donald Trump

It says a lot that back in the day, Trump had enough wits to see that Ali G was trying to take him for a ride and shut down. In 2020 we see someone in his close circle get easily compromised in the space of about 30 minutes. Trump would probably have given her the nuclear codes if they got close enough.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah interesting, I only ever saw the cut that made the show. He obviously has zero interest in being there, maybe had nothing to do with thinking he was being taken for a mug and just couldn’t see how this would increase his profile in a market he cared about.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That seems like it should have been in the movie. Were those nazis? Did they recognize him or just think he was Jewish?

I think by that point someone had worked out who it was and word had spread.

I hope there’s a ton of this footage, I’d love to watch all the behind the scenes stuff of how it was put together. Bits and pieces will come out in the press like the cotillion idiots at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Comments are a treasure trove as always.

quote:

Judy’s comment was spot on and while I know it can be difficult for the loony left to form a cohesive sentence…..how do you even find FOOD???

Where indeed.