Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

Christmas Whale fully subsidized by ThatsMyBoye

right arm posted:

I used some talstar and a pump mister on a Friday morning pretty much everywhere on my property in Memphis and by Saturday I had zero mosquitos lol

not a single bite and the previous weekend I probably had like 20+ from doing yard work without bug spray. didn’t have to put any on the weekend I used the talstar. it rules

Sorry to re-animate the mosquito conversation but my wife finally brought our 1 year old outside and got promptly eaten alive by mosquitos. It seems by reading the last page that Talstar P and the Garlic Mosquito Barrier are the way to go, using at cheapest a pump mister.

I live in inland Southern California and looked up my local mosquitos seems to be primarily Aedes Aegyptus. Given that it is/has been in the 90s, I'm fully expecting our mosquito season to last until sometime in late December.

A little confused, is it recommended to do the garlic barrier first, and/or do the Talstar P misting first? Or pick one vs. the other. I've also got two dogs and no cats, and small kids so aside from basic contact precautions and keeping them away from the outside for a day and/or until the stuff dries, are there any other recommendations?

Thanks!

adnam fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

So it’s that time of year again I guess, which was kinda early this year (climate change) and the weather is warm and mosquitos are back. Let’s say I forgot to dispose of some Talstar in my sprayer from last year. I read the MSDS and it says avoid entering drains/waterways, but is it least horrible to dilute and dispose via toilet?

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

Motronic posted:

Unless you have a hazardous material drop off the safest way is to apply it. The disposal methods are on the label, and the label is the law.

Good reminder to observe the law. I'll go ahead and spray it.