Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Glad I found this thread. We were getting eaten alive by tiger mosquitoes last year. I tried spraying with bifenthrin last year and not sure how much it helped. We have a deck that is surrounded by arborvitae trees and some other ornamental grasses so I’m sure those don’t help. I bought some garlic barrier and a mosquitaire thing. I will report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I sprayed my entire back patio and front walkway with the garlic juice stuff and the smell goes away pretty quickly but now my garage smells like garlic

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

Glad I found this thread. We were getting eaten alive by tiger mosquitoes last year. I tried spraying with bifenthrin last year and not sure how much it helped. We have a deck that is surrounded by arborvitae trees and some other ornamental grasses so I’m sure those don’t help. I bought some garlic barrier and a mosquitaire thing. I will report back.

The mosquitaire trap thing while it does seem to catch mosquitos doesn’t really make a significant dent in the mosquito population for our backyard/deck area surrounded by trees/shrubs/grasses.

It was particularly dry at the start of the summer when I initially sprayed with the mosquito juice there weren’t any mosquitos anyway. When the rains finally hit I didn’t have the time to spray every 3 weeks.

What did finally work for us was a thermacell. I was skeptical at first but after seeing it in use at a friends house it seemed to work quite well. It’s easy to use and is portable so you can take it to other places and still have mosquito protection. The unit itself is around 25-30$ and refills are 45$ for a 3 pack that are 40 hours each. This is cheaper and easier than basically all the other options if we are only using it 2-3 hours per day on the weekend during the summer.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

A dime sized hole is big enough for mice.