Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!
Hmm I can't say I know the names of the types of mosquitos have. I'm in SW Ontario. Anyone able to shed some light?

What I've found on Ontario mosquito species:

quote:

The most commonly identified mosquitos are:

Aedes vexans (30% of all mosquitoes identified)
Coquillettidia perturbans (25%)
Culex pipiens/restuans (14%)
Ochlerotatus trivittatus (7%)
Ochlerotatus stimulans (6%)

Also it sounds like we don't have those tiger goes yet (aedes albopictus?).

I'm leaning to this garlic sauce of yours a try, Mo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

Gotta love a post with the cat tax built in. It's like Europe's VAT!

Edit: CAT!

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

On Mo's rec, I used garlic juice earlier in the season and found it effective against 80-90% of the mosquitos, and the remaining were clearly a different species (stripes guys). Lasted 4-6 weeks, bit sensitive to the weather (rain in particular, wind close to application day).

Was like $50 cad which got me two applications. Seemed cost effective and Ill likely try it again next year. Next step. is one of those propane or CO2 kits and they are not cheap haha.